Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
He also had the hardest job this week working on episode 1. Which the majority of the previews cuts were taken from and did not screw it up.

Also no comments on Honda's great diet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Understanding posted:

Five studios in six years, and you want him to turn it around now? :cmon:

4 studios in 5 years.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It should be noted we saw Ema's house back near the end of episode 5 it's shabby studio apartment. And it looks like it's only a single room apartment looking at it again.

At least the Ace Key Animators and Character Designers are payed quite a bit. According to the chart we got Iguchi is the highest paid staff member.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 24, 2015

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Conot posted:

Right, but Shizuka didn't fail at doing her job, she was a good voice actress and one of the favourites of the Director before that got shot down. I mean, you can say its pseudo-nepotism, but the voice meeting ep was all about how the choice of voice actress isn't purely "who sounds best"

It should be pointed out she was still only his 2nd favorite for that role.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

dragon enthusiast posted:

The difference is that Tarou got promoted into a position where he can no longer sabotage production, so suddenly he goes from being goofball who creates suffering to just goofball

What do you mean Tarou has the same job he always had. He just has not screwed up again like in did back in those early episodes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

smenj posted:

Didn't he get promoted to head production assistant? Perhaps his work now more involves delegating tasks to the other production assistants rather than doing most of it himself, so the work actually gets done (unless Hiraoka's told to do it).

No that's Miyamori's job as Production Manager. Ochiai the old Head Production assistant still did normal production assistant stuff and Tarou is still in charging of getting stuff for certain episodes. (Generally the more important ones from what I can tell.) In fact I don't think there is that big a difference between the jobs.

It should be pointed out that he only got the role as Head Production Assistant because there was no one else around to take that job at the time

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Spiritus Nox posted:

Hiraoka needs to be punched.

I think he did offscreen during his fight.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Twiddy posted:

Fixed that for you.

Seriously though I hope the end result isn't just her being dependent on Emi and instead using that relationship to learn how to communicate better, because drat.

She can barely communicate with Ema. Ema just has a good understanding of her.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Wait did this happen in the new episode?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Hiroka was humanized a lot by the little scene he had with his cat. Probably because we never have seen him look happy anywhere else.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ccs posted:

Yeah, I would like these kind of people as colleagues. Earnest workers who are also able to have some fun.

Although, this just came out about what it's actually like working in the industry. Does make Shirobako seem very idealistic, despite the hardships it depicts:

"For a salary that’s been as low as $100 a month, the never-ending work schedule has landed Thurlow in the hospital three times for exhaustion and illness. "

http://www.buzzfeed.com/danmeth/thi...ares#.ngaWyx51b

gently caress you, anime industry.

Pretty much at the end there. "My life was good and I could afford stuff, but I was not satisfied as an artist. Now my life is horrible, but I am satisfied as an artist."

Thanks Shriobako for telling me I really want animators to get an actual salary now. Instead of being payed by the frame.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Super Jay Mann posted:

So when Shizuka kills herself, will Ema get her stuff and her apartment?

It should be noted being an animation supervisor is much better paying. Goth Loli Sama was pointed out as having the highest wage back in the first series due to being in charge of the animation. So if Ema does well she might start getting payed well.

Also Mr Funny Story needs to lose his job. He has done nothing but cause problems with the author despite his job being to make sure there is no problems with the author. I knew he would screw them over one last time when he said to go ahead with their last episode storyboard.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 12, 2015

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Razzled posted:

Funny story guy exists in every company ever and he will always make more money than you. C'est la vie.

Yes but I don't know those guys nor have I seen them. Which is why I want this guy to suffer.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Though Tarou does not appear to have screwed up once with Aerial Girls. He has actually been doing pretty well at his job.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

PaganGoatPants posted:

Voice actor girl will begin her decline into alcoholism next episode.

She is drinking beer while saying how she wants to switch with the younger girl on tv. So she has a head start.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Here's hoping for another 24 episodes like was originally planned.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also loved seeing Chazawa as a random photographer at the end.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

DamnGlitch posted:

He mentions it really fast, he was worried about the mangaka meeting his deadlines, so he wasn't bringing up any of the anime stuff to him to distract him. Or something like that.

Yeah but that seemed to be bullshit. The author was not doing his series at the time as he had writers block. It seemed Chazawa's only reasoning was not respecting them and wanting to enjoy himself with freetime. It's why he would only do the bare minimum. He would show up to what he was supposed to do say he had to leave and then do his own thing like the golf range.

Pretty much he was a lazy rear end in a top hat who did not want to do his job. After they caught him that first time he seemed to actually take a disliking to them and went out of his way to make things harder for them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Neeksy posted:

I figured that it was him being generally lazy, as he tended to end his meetings quickly and halfway through, approving things without reading them, etc. and as we saw later, one of his "important meetings" was golfing at a driving range. Additionally, he was probably trying to save his own neck by not giving the artist any extra responsibility in the hopes that he'd meet deadlines, even though doing so was just pissing in the wind since the guy was facing writer's block (which the editor seemed ill-equipped to help) and all the Musashino adaptation errors were just making him upset anyway.

Basically the guy is lovely at his job and being a responsible person. Sort of like a Tarou without the good intentions.

Tarou even stopped being lovely at his job while this guy kept at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Artificer posted:

Ema's little exercise dance on the roof. :3: I wonder why she was counting in 3 separate languages?

It's just part of the dance. Also it was 4 languages. She and Iguchi do Spanish when they do it together.

• Locked thread