Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I love animation, but gently caress working in the animation industry. The same is true for any creative industry. Even science. STEM science.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

There's a reason they had that Kickstarter for an animators dorm

What? Link please.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Oh my god. Those poor loving bastards. Being an animator sucks.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

So there's a bunch more episodes of this left? Is the final third of the series going to be Aoi trying to cope with being the only competent production manager left at MusAni?

This show has 24 or so episodes.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

sneaky sneaky, this show

Can you explain what you're talking about?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Ah, ok.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Davincie posted:

is cgi girl working on it too and did i miss that somehow?

She has left her old company and is working on planes now instead of car tires.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I love the blantant foreshadowing going on with studio Titanic. The name and then "Is your director picky?" Holy poo poo, poor Myamorin.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Yes, I can also recommend Servant x Service. Very funny and without that creepy pedo MC from Working.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

All those disillusioned anime industry people. At least noone has killed themselves yet.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

It's just regular autism.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Yano continues to be the best.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

anime dudes are wierd

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Nah, tell them that every single character in this show had sex. Except Tarou and autism girl.

Edit:

Lucy Heartfilia fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Feb 20, 2015

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

This show is so successful, I think the likelihood for a second season with two more cours is pretty high.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Autist animator should get therapy.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Damegane posted:

I feel like Zuka's gonna get to voice the baby boar. Not even joking. It'll be a role at least, and it could help her get recognition if she shows up at promotional events afterwards.

Is there any other meaning of Shizuka's name besides silent/quiet?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I don't want a waifu. I want Myamori and Yano as colleagues. They would improve working conditions massively.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Ahahaha.

adtrw-reacts-to-fanservice.gif indeed

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

That's hilarious.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Exactly how I felt.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Like she becomes an actress instead and grows to love her job.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

It's also very, very boring. Wonderfully, entertainingly boring.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

nuru posted:

Between no more Nozaki-kun and no more Shirobako I may have to give up on happy anime forever.

Ore Monogatari? Kiniro Mosaic?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Is it still selling well?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

ohhhhh

oooohhhhhh

ohohohohohoohhhhh

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

quote:

"Shirobako" - P.A. Works' Next Failure

P.A. Works has announced its latest upcoming anime, and it doesn’t look good – not that there’s any image out yet, but the series “Shirobako” is starting in two months, with a first PV due out at Comiket 86.
The website created for this latest original animation is all white, but everything that’s written on it screams Tari Tari and Glasslip. First, the show will start in October of this very year, which is not reassuring as only the creations of lowest quality air such a short time after their original announcement.
Furthermore, P.A. Works’ schedule is tight for this one. A first video look at what this strangely-named anime is about will be on show at the next Comiket, which is only a few days from now. And where there’s little time, there’s generally a small budget, and all that results in a very poor final work.
Shirobako being such an abstract name, any newcomer might believe the forthcoming discovery of the show holds some kind of interest – yet this is P.A. Works we’re talking about, and knowing them, it’ll probably just be another angsty adolescent series… with lots of romance and annoying characters, who only take the most incomprehensibly moronic actions.
There’s no way this is looking good, and it’s impossible to think of any potential positives here as it seems like a work thought up at the very last minute under the pressure of the financial obligation to get something out for the fall season.
P.A. Works are definitely one of the more respectable studios out there, and perhaps the only one who always works on original creations – it’s sad to see that they prefer to repeat the same kind of story all over again in order to produce more quantity while letting the quality of their shows drop gradually yet inevitably, instead of taking their time to create more series on par with the likes of Hanasaku Iroha.
It’s evident they have the talent to do so, but apparently taking advantage of those capacities is not part of their plan unfortunately, as the increasing frequency with which they release new anime series tells us.

lmao

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Some dumb blog. It's hilarious how completely wrong it is. And I remember reading it while looking for some first information about this show. Made me a bit worried actually.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Well, it's PA Works so the original story part at least is guaranteed.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Didn't they just refute that Yano and Hiraoka had dated? My recollection is that the twitter statement didn't go farther than that.

https://twitter.com/tsuki_akari/status/568633858607816704

They are not dating right now and were not dating each other in the past.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I miss Shirobako, immensely.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Zettace posted:

The real villain is capitalism.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Grim Up North posted:

Turns out Shirobako's portrayal of the producers was way too positive.

Shirobako is a show made by idealists who tried to be realists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Ok. Yes, that was pretty funny.

• Locked thread