Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending
After watching the director throw a big fuss about ~the big reveal~ I got a little teary when I saw the finished product. loving anime making me cry what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending
I recognized a single reference. Shizuka's lines for her character included the line "even my mother didn't scold me" or something, which is an obvious call back to the famous "even my father didn't hit me" line from the original gundam series. (which I only knew because of genshiken)

I fully expect to have every other reference go over my head.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

Pretty much. This is a good stepping stone for her, especially since she'll be in close contact with Musani's lead writer guy whose name I forget.

Yeah, and in the new opening you can see her turning something into him for evaluation and he rejects it. Sure looks like every mentor I've ever had lmao.

PS. I'm so glad she's working there now - mostly because she is getting paid for the hard work she's been doing!

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

The fact that he recommended Studio.. Titanic, was it? Doesn't exactly reassure me.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

Well, now that we know FOR SURE that the manga liaison is unreliable, hopefully they'll be able to get a direct line to the creator?? Maybe it's naive of me to say, but redoing the character designs doesn't seem that bad? They still have all the backgrounds and the music and the plane footage... unless none of those things will go with the style of the new character designs.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

dogsicle posted:

Honda looks weird now.
Uhhhhhh, no. Honda is now the best wife in the show. He was already cute, responsible, determined, dedicated, kind, and friendly. Now that he's not stressed and he is doing something that he loves, those qualities can only be magnified!! Patissier wife!!!

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

Remember when we all absolutely hated Tarou? Now whenever he appears, I'm like "haha, oh you. you're so great." What a good show.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

sincx posted:

edit: Fun fact I just realized. Did you know the President's office is the kitchen?

I did notice that!

Also, in the CR subs, when the president gives the director those clothes he actually says "battle clothes," which I thought makes more sense than both the president and the director thinking that cowboy clothes are "sharp." Then again, they are an old man and a neckbeard and I only have the two years of obligatory japanese classes that my weeb phase put me through to back this up. I'm sure the CR translator has more experience with that stuff. Still, I thought it was worth pointing out since the director is literally leaving to battle.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

PaganGoatPants posted:

Zuka still doesn't have a big enough gig yet though.

BUT SHE'S ONE STEP CLOSER TO HER DREAM :cripes:

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

What a good show. Zuka-chan seems to have received some work after her stint as Lucy - though she was only playing Girl A or whatever. FROM NOW ON THE SKY IS THE LIMIT :unsmith:

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Ema insisting that she be the one to draw Zuka-chan-senpai's character was great.

YEAH, I was certain these assholes were going to make me cry again.

vivisecting fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Mar 27, 2015

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

Where is Segawa-san (the animator with the big tiddies)? I thought she was at the party? Though I guess she might have went home since she looked like she might have got sick or something. The biking dude is there, right (orange shirt back row)? And she was a higher rank than he was I thought.

Edit: Ahhh dangit!! vvv

vivisecting fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 28, 2015

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

Dang, the thread blew up and I assumed we got a season 2 confirmation :'(

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

unpronounceable posted:

Sentai Filmworks has the North American bluray rights. The first half is set to be released in February.

Ok but if its for the first collection (north american companies usually split up 2 cour series into two box sets right?) why are there characters from the second cour on the box. "ART NOT FINAL" ....BETTER NOT BE............

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

Seeing so much activity in this thread made my heart leap -- thought a season 2 had been confirmed or something.

Anyway, whenever I need to cry I literally just watch episode 23. Every time man. Every loving time. So cathartic.

• Locked thread