Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
That's most likely the wrong Tanaka Rie. The one in the photo is the voice actress, as far as I can tell. There's an entirely different person working as a sound producer who happens to have the same name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

The Devil Tesla posted:

Has anything P.A. Works been amazing before now? I really liked The Eccentric Family but that was mostly because the source material was good, and while they didn't gently caress it up they didn't do anything really exceptional with it. They seem like a low rent KyoAni with a little more eclectic output.

To be honest though, that this show is coming from this studio makes the whole thing more likable and more convincing. Maybe this is the moment they come into their own?

I guess it depends on your taste? I personally thought true tears, Hanasaku Iroha and Uchouten Kazoku were all excellent.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Blhue posted:

Was that Hanasaku Iroha movie any good, anyone know?

It was like an extended episode, fitting in somewhere toward the end. I enjoyed it.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

...What does Shirobako mean, anyway? I assume it's not "White Baka?"

'A "shirobako" refers to the white box into which a finalized tape of a film is put, full of the effort of everyone who worked on it.'

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Paracelsus posted:

There's a post back on the first page with a bunch of real people (although the Rie Tanaka part is probably a misattribution).

While the photo mistakenly shows Tanaka Rie the voice actress, there is a real Tanaka Rie the sound producer. She talks in one of the commentary tracks for the Hanasaku Iroha movie, and is even credited in the very episode of Shirobako in which she appears.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

I can't stand watching the voice actress sequences, because my stress level shoots straight through the roof.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Davincie posted:

was the writer based on anyone? he seemed cool

Yoshino Hiroyuki has been suggested:

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

nielsm posted:

A somewhat odd thing I noticed.
The new ending song is performed by the "Donuts Quintet", nothing surprising there. However, it was written and composed by Momoi Halko. Has she stopped performing her own things now, or did they just get her to do something unusual for this show?

Dunno about her solo career, but she did ED1 as well.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

I love watching this show, even if the final episode is more and more likely to end up with the girls all visiting Myaamori at a mental institution.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Hanasaku Iroha averaged about 8500 units per volume, while Shirobako is doing around 10k sold per volume so far. Might still increase, though.
More importantly, Glasslip has almost been doing 400/volume!

Of course, Angel Beats did 34k on average, so they've had bigger hits.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Superduper good news you guys! The director has tweeted that Yano and Hiraoka are not and never have dated!!

(2ch was on fire with the fear that Yano isn't a virgin)

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

nuru posted:

To be fair to Zuka's situation, do we have any reason to think she's even a good VA aside from "She's one of the protagonists, sort of!"?

Well, she's young and she's cute, which covers about 93% of today's VA requirements!

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Wonder if that tape will reach someone in power and give VA girl a job at last.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Is Gothloli-sama still available? Can I call dibs?

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Dat planning.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

ZUKA-CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So many happy tears.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Razzled posted:

So I just realized that the VA who does Shizuka also does Gi-ja (white dragon) in Yona.. that's hilarious

... as a child, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Just watched the final episode, and my jaw is breaking from all the smiling. And tears. And smiling. Parts of this episode explain clearly why poor CR is getting so screwed by delays.

Pretty sure that's the Best Anime of 2015 wrapped up already, but it'll be a lonely year from now on. Wonderful show. Need doughnuts.

• Locked thread