Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
this allusion meant
Apr 9, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

Ah man, yeah. I get that 'office drone' is probably near the bottom of the pile in terms of healthy jobs, but you'd still think a guy who bakes tasty treats for a living would find a bit tougher to loving liquify the pounds like that.

Also, I legit cracked up when Kinoshita asked "WHATEVER HAPPENDED TO OUR FAT ALLIANCE?!"
Dude doesn't get high off his own supply, clearly.

I will legitimately be totally okay with anime shifting from high school moe bullshit to young working adult moe bullshit on the strength of this show. Probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

this allusion meant
Apr 9, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

Is it weird that I find this show...kind of theraputic? Like, it feels weird to get kind of a fundamental emotional reaction off of a show that doesn't...feel profound or game-changing or anything, but I dunno. Something about its fundamental optimism with regard to the daily grind combined with how cool all the characters are make it kind of a revitalizer for my own college grind.

I mean, I'm about the same age as Aoi and Friends, so it's entirely possible the show's just better than I've given it credit for and I'm right in one of its target audiences. Just sayin'.

Also, Diesel is really cool and got some great characterization this scene, Hiraoka needs to be punched.
stressful grind punctuated with small pleasures and timely relief is a hell of a lot more relatable than the no-stakes take-it-easy setting of slice of life stuff or insanely serious constant tension grimdark stuff. I hope it becomes a thing

this allusion meant
Apr 9, 2006
p sure a depressing ending for shizuka's arc would have a measurable negative impact on the Japanese economy

• Locked thread