Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Why do you think it might be epic?

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I can't think of how Harry Potter would work as a Diablo-like.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well you would play as Voldemort and slaughter thousands of innocents in your quest to rewrite the books, and kill Harry Potter.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Or it could be a Prequel.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Set during the First Wizarding War. Who is the company that makes HP games... They need an idea man, namely, me.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Or maybe you could be a death eater. Hell a MMO set during the First Wizarding War might be very epic as well.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

Set during the First Wizarding War. Who is the company that makes HP games... They need an idea man, namely, me.

I don't know, but I wish you luck on your quest.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Or maybe you could be a death eater. Hell a MMO set during the First Wizarding War might be very epic as well.

would play this

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
might be? OP? I think we both know Harry Potter is some epic poo poo no matter what format

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

every harry potter games have been good or at least the ones i have played so yeah go for it; should be fun/interesting.

AndyAML
Jul 24, 2006

HEY BASS WHY MUST I FIGHT YOU WE ARE NOT ENEMIES
*in Harry Potter voice* Not enough mana. I can't use that.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

AndyAML posted:

*in Harry Potter voice* Not enough mana. I can't use that.
"Oi, Harry! The stench of death in this place is foul, innit?"

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Harry, it's me Hagrid, the Black smith now"

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

i want a Harry Potter RPG with like dialogue choices and branching storylines and a robust magic system and poo poo. like you play as a student from year 1 to year 7, in a different period of time from the HP books (maybe before?) so it can have its own story

it'd own

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's like persona with the social links, you play all the years of school plus the summers, it's an alternate universe from the book

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A Dynasty Warriors brawler where you play as Neville.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

lol

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Wormskull posted:

this would be the game to play

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
I agree, Magicka is a pretty fun game op.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

A Pokemon-like where you play as Hagrid, breeding your own crazy new species, all of which have explosive butts.

You then go around the school using these monsters to fight the students' pets.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Ron: "My Scabbers is in the top percentage of Scabberses"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"I've been through this dungeon a dozen times in the last two hours and all my drops are fuckin' phoenix core wands or garbage tomes. I'm playing a unicorn core spec character, this is bullshit"

FactsAreUseless posted:

he's hunting down herbology ingredients and between levels there's a complex potions crafting system (hampered by the fact that he sucks at potions)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

JethroMcB posted:

he's hunting down herbology ingredients and between levels there's a complex potions crafting system (hampered by the fact that he sucks at potions)
Nah, he just gets sick of Harry loving everything up and getting stuff handed to him on a platter, so he throws away his wand, picks up a baseball bat, and goes loving apeshit on the Voldemort.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
A level in Hitman where you break Harry Potters neck

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
OP if you're looking for a top down game where you kill innocents may I suggest future goty Hatred?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

OP if you're looking for a top down game where you kill innocents may I suggest future goty Hatred?

I'm looking for a Harry Potter themed game. Thanks, but no thanks.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i think they should make a Quiditch video game where you manage your team and pick plays and poo poo like other sports games

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

a Harry Potter MMO would be terrible because MMOs are in general terrible. these goons know what the gently caress is up and how to make a cool as poo poo HP game:

Harrow posted:

i want a Harry Potter RPG with like dialogue choices and branching storylines and a robust magic system and poo poo. like you play as a student from year 1 to year 7, in a different period of time from the HP books (maybe before?) so it can have its own story

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

It's like persona with the social links, you play all the years of school plus the summers, it's an alternate universe from the book

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
+3 stolen car of flipendo

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

So magicka got it.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
i wanna be a dude, with a gun, slaughtering retards in the wizarding world

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

That game that was Gears of War, but you were Harry Potter hunkering down behind chest high walls and blasting dementors with Harry's Phoenix Feather Wand.

Knuc U Kinte fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Oct 18, 2014

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Harry potter for the game boy color was an rpg and it owned

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
gameplay would probably get a little stale because there's only one killing spell in harry potter

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Turn them into a teapot and then stomp on them

Stun them then poke out their eyes with your wand

Levitate them 50feet then drop them

Make their clothes sentient, fanged and hungry for flesh

"Accio heart!" and then eat it to regain health

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Devour or Fire posted:

gameplay would probably get a little stale because there's only one killing spell in harry potter

Some other spells are deadly, such as Sectumsempra.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Machai posted:

Ron: "My Scabbers is in the top percentage of Scabberses"

Scabbers is a human transformed into a rat to escape reprisal from his former friends re aiding the Dark Lord in murdering James and Lily Potter , not a 'Scabbers.' 'Scabbers' is not a species of magical animal; it's a name. You're an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

conceitedguy posted:

Scabbers is a human transformed into a rat to escape reprisal from his former friends re aiding the Dark Lord in murdering James and Lily Potter , not a 'Scabbers.' 'Scabbers' is not a species of magical animal; it's a name. You're an idiot.

lmao

• Locked thread