Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

no, i take that back i love pikmin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
it's a good game

Soral
May 30, 2009

same

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Agreed

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Hell of a game.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

rope kid alt spotted

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Pikmin is fkin sublime and fck you if you don't like it

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

what kind of a person doesn't?

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope
pikmin owns, pikmin 2 owns, i haven't played pikmin 3 yet but i bet it also owns. pikmin is my favorite survival horror rts series

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

medibot posted:

pikmin owns, pikmin 2 owns, i haven't played pikmin 3 yet but i bet it also owns. pikmin is my favorite survival horror rts series

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

2 is probably best

3 is OK but felt shorter. Some of the things they changed were cool while others were lame. Like no more c stick controlling you pikmin mob meant it was annoying to get them to pick stuff up also they died more without it

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

medibot posted:

i didn't like 2 as much

i think it threw in too many wrinkles, i like simpler games

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

You can throw them

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
http://www.answers.com/Q/Do_bats_have_beaks

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

I actually liked the first one because you had a time restriction to get poo poo done. And if you did waste a day, in the Wii version at least you could start over and make better use of your time. I ended up beating it on my first run.

Everyone else seems to hate that. But loved Pikmin 2, I burnt out around the plot-twist because I was so loving sick of those random dungeons at that point.

Little King's Story is also a cool Pikmin game.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
try pokemon 3

SnotGrumble
Jun 4, 2003

All men live in fear of him and his Moxie.
I got pikmin 3 and my girlfriend became addicted to it. She beat it before me!
Cool game though

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the first one owns because it feels rich without feeling excessive. it's also got very visceral feedback with your rocket being reconstructed

in the second one you're digging up tennis ball lids and batteries and they make your money number go up :geno: plus you're got white and purple pikmin that want to hang with the og but they're just :geno:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
the only reason i didn't like Pikmin 2 was because i couldn't command the other Pikmin Commander to waypoints, which was resolved in Pikmin 3.

Pikmin 3 however took away Pikmin Control from the C-stick, which was annoying but manageable.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
PIKMIN TOTEBAG BITCHES

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Overlord had better controls.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I wish I still had my Gamecube with Pikmin 1 and 2, Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Super Mario Sunshine, and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door :(

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

SunAndSpring posted:

I wish I still had my Gamecube with Pikmin 1 and 2, Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, and Super Mario Sunshine :(

I have all of those but my Animal Crossing and Mario Kart Double Dash got stolen in a break in :(

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

pikmin games are extremely good, and pikmin 2's multiplayer is also extremely good even though almost nobody ever played it or wanted to

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

bef posted:

the only reason i didn't like Pikmin 2 was because i couldn't command the other Pikmin Commander to waypoints, which was resolved in Pikmin 3.

Pikmin 3 however took away Pikmin Control from the C-stick, which was annoying but manageable.

wtf, how do you keep the pikmin clump from falling off of things or getting into trouble, without c-stick control? or quickly and easily direct them to mob things?

the c-stick movement was probably the very best control element from the first two games, in fact

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I was banned from Goon Squad-Mal'Ganis for saying that I liked Pikmin. Be careful, OP.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

bonzibuddy64 posted:

I was banned from Goon Squad-Mal'Ganis for saying that I liked Pikmin. Be careful, OP.

that's the most AIDS-filled fail I've ever heard of in my drat life

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Hopefully Nintendo's next console has a controller so that Pikmin 4 or 5 can have c-stick control back.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

bonzibuddy64 posted:

what in the everloving gently caress what kind of god drat human being would hate pikmin and how would that god drat human being gain any friends in his god damned human being life

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
His parents never bought him a Wii so he couldn't play Pikmin.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Scalding Coffee posted:

His parents never bought him a Wii so he couldn't play Pikmin.

Pikmin is on the Game Cube and the Wii U, and skipped the Wii.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

lesbian baphomet posted:

Pikmin is on the Game Cube and the Wii U, and skipped the Wii.

Pikmin 1 and 2 were on the wii, and 2 was especially hard to find for the Gamecube so the Wii version was released in greater numbers at a 20 dollar price point.

However that didn't work because that just meant people bought entire sleeves of the game so it's value would increase.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Nah, it got ported to the Wii as well.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

lesbian baphomet posted:

wtf, how do you keep the pikmin clump from falling off of things or getting into trouble, without c-stick control? or quickly and easily direct them to mob things?

the c-stick movement was probably the very best control element from the first two games, in fact

dodging :shrug:

agree about the c-stick though

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
pikmin 1 is pretty hosed up, if you don't have enough spaceship parts by the last day you fly into space but crash back into the planet and suffocate to death

then the pikmin toss your corpse into their pikmin maker thing and this happens

it's like some xenomorph poo poo or something

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

lesbian baphomet posted:

you dont, they die

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

pikmin games are extremely good, and pikmin 2's multiplayer is also extremely good even though almost nobody ever played it or wanted to

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I remember someone in an old Pikmin thread linking to a blog where someone described their experience taking an college course that dedicated weeks of class time to Pikmin 2 multiplayer.

In fact here it is.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

2 is the best.

i would like 3 more if it ran at a consistent frame rate and didnt do the multiple captain splitting things. the challenges are just a headache because of this mechanic. yes i realize im bad at the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
i like pikmin

• Locked thread