Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Candy Dawn posted:

So is this anime really going to have only 11 episodes? At the snail pace they're going only one of four delicious bishies will be introduced.

Last I heard it was 24-26 episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Phobophilia posted:

Also everyone should watch Seirei no Moribito, which is similar but also quite alot better.

Seirei no Moribito is amazing but other than setting and general plot outline it is a very, very different show in what sort of character relationships it is about and its tone. I feel they are too different to make a straight better/worse comparison.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

Polearm wielder protects royal child from assassinations and political intrigue.

Yes, like I said, it is only similar in the vaguest and most superficial of ways.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Still watching here too, the pace is relaxed, not too slow.

I'm liking Blue Dragon, his voice actor is really doing a good job of portraying how timid his life long shunning has made him. I'm looking forward to him opening up a bit once he has people around him who appreciate him instead of hating him. :unsmith:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Not a fan of the new intro, the song is worse than the orchestral piece used in the first intro and just doesn't fit the show very well and the animation is mostly recycled, I like the new outro and song though.

The episode itself was good, I like how they are leaving the various characters morally ambiguous, I mean most anime have morally grey characters to one extent or another but I think this one does a much better job of moral ambiguity than most shows. Did Su-Won do the right thing in the big picture by killing and supplanting King Il? Is Yona doing the right thing in seeking revenge on Su-Won? It's pretty interesting and really well executed compared to a lot of other media out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

There Bias Two posted:

The episode was very fun and cinematic, but I'm kind of getting tired of men being literally scared stiff by a woman showing aggression.

I think that Yona might have some sort of dragon power. The four dragons all have obvious powers but it would make sense for the red dragon's descendants to have some sort of power too, so maybe people are literally perceiving blazing flames in Yona's eyes when she intimidates them? That would certainly make me take a step back.

Anyway, good episode. Though I would have liked to see Yona skewer one of those shithead officials through the throat with an arrow but that would have gone against the whole pacifist vibe the show has going, so oh well.

• Locked thread