Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
As long as it doesn't mean I'm replacing onto the top of the chain of command, I'm game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
We're just roleplaying. :france:

Also, Prussians? At Austerlitz? Is that the kind of dirty tricks silvergoose was talking about?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Because it's 1805, not 1955.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Too late for this turn, but feel free to use all commands available to you (including independents) to make up for it next turn.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Morholt posted:

You know what? I'll write a thought or two about each turn I do and post them at the end.
I've been doing that and it would be cool if others did, too.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Again:

frankenfreak posted:

Also, Prussians? At Austerlitz? Is that the kind of dirty tricks silvergoose was talking about?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Maybe, maybe not. Keep waiting for those airstrikes to soften up the French before you attack!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

silvergoose posted:

Yeah, feints are cool. :3:
:agreed:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
You clearly didn't anticipate any form of resistance. If you want to cut your suffering short, we will accept your graceful surrender.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

silvergoose posted:

Also, if it's a draw, I would like to note that I have STILL not ever lost at this game. Someday, someday.
Let's continue then! :getin:

Seriously, though, I'm with Gutter Owl in having forgotten most of what was going on.

I'd be open to starting over and trying again, though.

e:

Tekopo posted:

Btw, the French center would have been absolutely crushed if it had gone another turn.
Not surprising. One thing I remember is being apprehensive at how shaky our line looked there.

frankenfreak fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 24, 2015

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Gutter Owl posted:

But yeah. As it stood, we were doomed to a center split from Langerion. As soon as Frankenfreak posted their turn, I just put my head in my hands. No fault of Frank's though. I was running a pretty risky gambit, and I can't blame them for not reading my mind.
I was to focussed on blindly following orders to actually looking at what was happening to my right and especially my left. I only did when I was already committed to the attack, I also didn't really do my math on it, so bad turn from me there all around.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Tevery Best posted:

As for the 134 situation, I made a mistake in not attacking in the correct order, with the push from Das Schloss coming up later, once the enemy was committed. However, once it all happened, I knew what units Dokhtorov had and I knew that I can hold him with a single 2-inf unless he pushed with two guys, and if he wanted to do that, he had to reattach them to his corps, and that would give me an advance warning.
Or you could just have feinted from 134. That would have accomplished drawing a tile away from Dokhtorov without losing the cavalry. Part of my frantic feinting was me trying to demonstrate that feinting is a thing is this game and hoping you'd pick up on it and do it, too.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Gutter Owl posted:

Every time my orders were posted, my immediate thought was "NONONO DON'T DO THAT WHY DID I TELL YOU TO DO THAT WHAT WAS I THINKING."
That's the beautiful challenge in the team play rules, though. Between the delay, no other communications, and no plan surviving contact with the enemy it does a very good job of simulating a chaotic battlefield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Fat Turkey posted:

I never received an order to attack, and our pre-match tactics suggested a largely defensive stance unless reinforcements came in.

I think he's talking about the killing zone we wanted to create around the Santon which the Allies never walked into.

• Locked thread