Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Would the Commander in Chiefs have the total view of the battlefield? Not sure they can give meaningful orders without having the full view.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
I don't see how he can send a meaningful order to the general on the other side of the battlefield if he can't see them.

Your scouting idea, It would add complexity, but what if CiC had realtime vision of his own troops while he had a one turn vision delay on the rest of the field to reflect scouts returning to him with Intel?

Hardcore History General.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
You better watch out,
You better not cry,
You better not pout,
I'm telling you why,
Santon shells are coming to town!
Santon shells are coming to town!

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!

silvergoose posted:

December 2nd, while later than mid-November, is still too goddamn early for Christmas music, gently caress you.

Je ne regrette rien!

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!

Aston posted:

I don't want the trash talk to get too personal but I really hope you guys finish second in this game.

The best result would be a draw with no deaths on either side.

In this mutual spirit of peace and cooperation, I believe our European and Slavic brothers should join us in lowering their weapons and embracing their fellow man. Once you drop your guns, just walk over here and you will clearly see we have done the same. Meet us in Santon. Clump together so we can see you better and arrange adequate eating arrangements for your arrival.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Are we allowed to correct the moves of the other side?

Because I think the whole Allies moving west plan is a recipe for disaster, and heading east post-haste would be +EV.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Come on you Allied pig-dogs, you blanchéd skunks, bring it on!

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
I meant that more in the spirit of antagonising the enemy as opposed to chasing up on people, progress is fine.

I just felt it had been too long since Emperor Francis' timid tribe of handmaidens had received enough comeuppance.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Just a quick historical fact that I feel is relevant here, for the benefit of the Allied forces.

You lose this battle. You lose this battle very badly.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
What's the real world availability and opinion on this game?

Edit: On NT, not the crowd's opinion on this forum game.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
If so popular and well-received, why hasn't there been a re-release? Or do Simmons no longer really exist and none bought the rights?

Well, if you don't mind sharing your rare edition with a beginner, I think I could well take you up on that offer in the new year. I'll wait for this game to finish and to read some general discussion on scenarios here though, but it does seem interesting!

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
I hope there will be a review on the battle when it's done, because i'd like to know what people think of decisions made, things missed, opportunities ignored etc.

Enjoying it though. It does look like we got right to it!

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
This isn't a World War 1 trench, there will be no ceasefire and friendly kick about on No Man's Land just because its Christmas! :argh:

(No problem, do what you have to)

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Has this died the sad death of a forum game? Moves have been very few and far between. Will I have to take Tep up on his London offer to get some more NT in my life?!

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Ooooh ok, cool, I hope I don't come across as impatient but as eager. And that I'm not cheating because I never went near the other thread!

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
There's a copy going for £65 with a day to go on eBay UK.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
It will be a shame but I wouldn't mind if this is dead, but if so what I would like would be a review of how the game played, any obvious mistakes or good moves, just to learn more about it really.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Hmmmm. Would it be a detriment to the game in process if previous turns were analysed? I guess it would be because there's still hidden information on the field.

How many games does it take to get a real understanding of what I can do and should do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!

Tevery Best posted:

...while the north hammers the Allies from Santon. None of this ever came close to happening.

I never received an order to attack, and our pre-match tactics suggested a largely defensive stance unless reinforcements came in.

• Locked thread