Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Teddy Long's restless spirit was summoned from the cold embrace of the grave last week for the Smackdown 15th Anniversary Show, and now rattles about demanding tribute. So tribute shall be paid, with a six man tag main event.

Also some other stuff will probably happen too. Seth Rollins opens the show, possible tension between Big Show and Mark Henry, Layla vs AJ in what will hopefully be longer than a 3 minute match, and Nikki vs Naomi are all scheduled to occur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

You ever have that feeling that you can see the light at the end of the tunnel but then you get kicked back down? I'm almost there again but I'm hoping I don't get kicked back down again just before reaching it.

Anyway, Naomi is the one that can actually wrestle, right?

Also, Hell in the cell PPV was never a good idea. The way the card is shaping up i'm proven right again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

BigRed0427 posted:

You ever have that feeling that you can see the light at the end of the tunnel but then you get kicked back down? I'm almost there again but I'm hoping I don't get kicked back down again just before reaching it.

Well I hope this makes you feel better:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Seth, you're a jerk. Boo.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I wouldn't sell out my dog - she's bigger than me.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BigRed0427 posted:

Hang in there buddy. :3:

Also I'm glad they had Cena show Ambrose respect so that the pro-Cena crowd doesn't hate on him now that they're not feuding. The more universally over Dean gets, the better.

Also Seth is SO good at being a heel I'm starting to think The Shield will never reunite. :( It's me, I'm the mark.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Well I hope this makes you feel better:

Also, I thought Brock winning the title was a good idea originally. Now I'm starting to see the problem with having your champion being a guy who makes rare appearances in this day in age. With the title gone, the top tier guys are stretching to find reasons to fight.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

...is.... is this promo being aimed at Jimmy Jacobs? :ohdear:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Seth is really going to have to stop doing that to his hair soon.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

BigRed0427 posted:

Also, I thought Brock winning the title was a good idea originally. Now I'm starting to see the problem with having your champion being a guy who makes rare appearances in this day in age. With the title gone, the top tier guys are stretching to find reasons to fight.

I still think it's a good idea, but Heyman being absent as well is really dumb, as is NOT elevating the top remaining titleholders in Sheamus and Ziggler. Ziggler in particular, he just unceremoniously got beaten by Rusev a week or so back and the commentators didn't even casually mention he was the IC Champion.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.
I'm here to do the Job!
I'm here to lose the Match!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I still think it's a good idea, but Heyman being absent as well is really dumb, as is NOT elevating the top remaining titleholders in Sheamus and Ziggler. Ziggler in particular, he just unceremoniously got beaten by Rusev a week or so back and the commentators didn't even casually mention he was the IC Champion.

True, I guess the bigger problem is that the WWE is in cruise control until one of the bigger PPVs. which is kind of dumb with them moving to the Network format.

Maybe the Hell In a Cell match should have died when the show wen't PG.

Edit: And your right about Heyman, why are we not using the company's BEST talker? Is he busy with his company?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
If there is one thing Seth Rollins stands for it is NOT flashy moves and entertaining matches. Man has his principles.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I don't understand why you would dump a bunch of water over your head just to stand there and talk.

Or, in fact, for anything.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

pressedbunny posted:

I don't understand why you would dump a bunch of water over your head just to stand there and talk.

Or, in fact, for anything.

Dude's got frizzy hair, doesn't look good in HD?

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

BigRed0427 posted:

Maybe the Hell In a Cell match should have died when the show wen't PG.

I definitely agree with this. Daniel Bryan & CM Punk weren't even able to have a good Cell matches in this PG era. I don't miss every match becoming a bloody mess, but the cell really does feel totally neutered.

If Ambrose/Rollins don't have a great cell match then I think they should just retire the match for good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Writer Cath posted:

Dude's got frizzy hair, doesn't look good in HD?

Triple H and Steph watch him soaking down before each appearance, look lovingly into each others eyes and reminisce.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Jerusalem posted:

Triple H and Steph watch him soaking down before each appearance, look lovingly into each others eyes and reminisce.

There's a dunk tank backstage and Dean Ambrose has phenomenal aim?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Writer Cath posted:

There's a dunk tank backstage and Dean Ambrose has phenomenal aim?

I feel like Dean would either try and hit the person directly or just walk up and press the target.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dolph Ziggler - wants to be Billy Gunn, does X-Pac moves.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

BigRed0427 posted:

or just walk up and press the target.

Bobby Heenan did this when Eric Bischoff was in a dunk tank on a Monday Nitro :)

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Bobby Heenan did this when Eric Bischoff was in a dunk tank on a Monday Nitro :)

I did this at a fair (except I actually went behind the thing and tripped the lever) and a carney yelled at me.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I think Ziggler just goes so drat fast it's hard to get invested in his matches. He's too theatrical.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pariah Rex posted:

I did this at a fair (except I actually went behind the thing and tripped the lever) and a carney yelled at me.

Yeah but carneys aren't happy if they're not yelling at something

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Writer Cath posted:

I think Ziggler just goes so drat fast it's hard to get invested in his matches. He's too theatrical.

I hear a lot of vets say this. Faster matches look like poo poo because you can't follow what's happening.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah but carneys aren't happy if they're not yelling at something

Sorry, Surly.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I think a faster match is fine so long as things are happening for a reason. One of my major problems with Roderick Strong matches is that he's a great wrestler but he's so determined about getting all his poo poo in that he often throws pacing and selling out the window. Ziggler is better in that he does a hell of a lot of selling, but often his offense just seems based on what he thinks is going to look cool.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

Dolph Ziggler lost?!? That's unpossible!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Pariah Rex posted:

Yeah he should have won

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pariah Rex posted:

Psst, by the way he's the Intercontinental Champion! :ssh:

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Why would you wanna give up your lucky boot?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ambrose is going to turn Rollins' corpse into shoes :stare:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Jerusalem posted:

I think a faster match is fine so long as things are happening for a reason. One of my major problems with Roderick Strong matches is that he's a great wrestler but he's so determined about getting all his poo poo in that he often throws pacing and selling out the window. Ziggler is better in that he does a hell of a lot of selling, but often his offense just seems based on what he thinks is going to look cool.

Even something like the punches on the turnbuckle spot. Like, guys usually punch slow so the crowd can count along. Dolph just runs in there and punchpunchpunches and it's over before the crowd can get into it.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

At this point Kane is Dean Ambrose real arch enemy, they fight like every week.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah he should have won

He probably shouldn't have fought Seth Rollins, and Rusev and anyone that also doesn't need to lose.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I remember when Kane's music hitting was met with a reaction of "OH SHIIIIT :stonk:"

Now I don't remember the last time Kane won a match or looked remotely threatening.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Pariah Rex posted:

At this point Kane is Dean Ambrose real arch enemy, they fight like every week.
And every time they do Seth runs in for the DQ.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

pressedbunny posted:

I remember when Kane's music hitting was met with a reaction of "OH SHIIIIT :stonk:"

Now I don't remember the last time Kane won a match or looked remotely threatening.

The last time Kane looked threatening was when he was facing the WWE Champion, when that champion ceased to be Daniel Bryan Kane had to go back to being a dork.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

One of my major problems with Roderick Strong matches is that he's a great wrestler but he's so determined about getting all his poo poo in that he often throws pacing and selling out the window.

Can I admit something? It might be because I haven't seen enough NJPW but when ever I watch Japanese wrestling, it feels like the match structure eventually comes down to "Lets throw as many big moves as we can at each other" and it feels kind of dumb.

Also :lol: The Ouija Board movie is happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Pariah Rex posted:

The last time Kane looked threatening was when he was facing the WWE Champion, when that champion ceased to be Daniel Bryan Kane had to go back to being a dork.
I've actually forgotten they fought. Wow. gently caress Korporate Kane.

• Locked thread