Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I thought about allowing people to send their results to proxies, on the chance that if the killer gets one they could lie about it. Not sure if that's better or worse though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Maybe if the information wasn't as mod confirmed?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

like the killer can't easily lie about all their info because other players can investigate them. They can't claim an investigation because it will be obvious when the person is investigated.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I mean basically the optimal strategy for town in this game is to give a deascription of themselves at the start and let each day run out until mod released info narrows it down to a few people or an investigator finds a lie.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I think the only reason I even survived an extra day was because of Asiina's modkill.

I really don't know what can be done to help the killer though. It is hard knowing you can't really lie.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You did kind of blow it by panicking yesterday and saying you were going to accuse someone.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Opopanax posted:

You did kind of blow it by panicking yesterday and saying you were going to accuse someone.

I didn't think I was panicking, more just trying to generate content and look like town, but maybe that was bad.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Juanito posted:

I didn't think I was panicking, more just trying to generate content and look like town, but maybe that was bad.

That was a big part of what made me suspicious of you. You were kind of posturing but made no moves to actually accuse someone and you seemed like you wanted someone else to accuse me (or someone).

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I... I made the right decision in LYLO? That has never happened before!

Personally, I thought things were fairly well balanced, I was still uncertain even as I accused Juanito. I'm a bit sad that the information I investigated never became overly relevant though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I think this game has great potential ill have to think on some balancing strategies.

I had fun!

• Locked thread