Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

High in the Rocky Mountains, several kilometers north of civilization, sits stately Opopanax Manor. There, 9 strangers have been called to the reading of his will, for...

Opopanax is Dead

Rules:
-1 of the people gathered here is a killer! They have killed dear Opop, and will continue to kill in order to hide their secret.
-Each player will be given 5 pieces of information about themselves; Name, Occupation, Motive, Weapon of Choice, and Alibi. It is unwise to reveal this information to anyone.
-At the start of each morning 1 piece of info about the killer will be made public.
-Some of the roles in the game will also be given additional information, which will not be made public unless they choose to.
-At any point a player may ##ACCUSE any other player. If the accused is the killer the game will end, if not the accuser will be removed from the game.
-Town wins by accusing correctly, Killer wins when they are the last player standing. This includes a three man LYLO situation. 3 man LYLO will result in an automatic win for the killer. This is done to maintain balance.
-I'm hoping this will be a fairly fast paced game so don't join if you're not going to post. Days will be about 12 hours, but an accusation ends them immediately. There will also be a N0.

Guest List:
  1. Asiina
  2. Big Nothing
  3. CapitalistPig
  4. Hal Incandenza
  5. Juanito
  6. Mad Rancher
  7. Magnus Gallant
  8. Meinberg
  9. MildManeredManikin

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Oct 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'll send out PMs now, hopefully we can get N0 done tonight or by the time I leave for work tomorrow.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok PMs are out, try to get N0 actions to me ASAP so we can get this ball rolling.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Everyone who has an action has a N0 action. Sorry for the confusion

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Haha this is the most narcissistic thing ever!

You knew what you were signing up for :colbert:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The 9 are led into the parlour by Opop's butler, who turns on a TV and begins playing a video will

Thank you all for gathering here today. If you're watching this, I'm dead. More specifically, if you're watching this video, I've been murdered, and one of you sons of bitches did it! I'm entrusting the rest of you to find out who and avenge me. AVENGE ME!.

"Wait!" shouted JJ, "Of course, it all makes sense, I've got this! The killer is-"

A sudden lightning strike shuts out the power. There are several girlish screams (oddly enough, pretty much all 9 people scream girlishly) but the power is restored in seconds. Rancher, however, is not

Mad Rancher was killed N0

Player: Mad Rancher
Name: Jake Grebben
Weapon of Choice: Handgun
Motive: MONEY- After driving Opop around for so many years, you’ve learned all of his secret stashes around town. With him out of the way, there would be little stopping you from grabbing a whole lot of money and skipping town.
Alibi: You were out getting groceries for Opop

It is now D1. D1 will last approximately 12 hours, or will end if an accusation is made.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

A note is found on the table, it reads:

The killer's initials are JS

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

"It was you!" Screamed MMM.
"No I swear" Pig cried. "You have to believe me! Please, MMM...MMM?"
pig put his hand on M's shoulder and let out a girlish scream as MMM slumped forward, a knife in his back.

MMM was killed D1

Player: MMM
Name: Jean Slater
Weapon of Choice: Rope
Motive: JEALOUSY-You feel that the business was your idea, but through cunning manipulation Opop came to control the majority share of the company, leaving you with barely enough of an income to survive! You have been quite vocal about how much you envy him, and how it should all be yours instead, especially when you’ve been drinking.
Alibi: Passed out drunk

It is now N1

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah I think so. I kind of feel like I should close them but we'll see how it goes

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm going to close nights, town's already a little OP

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

While looking for clues Pig accidently leans on a candlestick and reveals a secret passage! Well, to be accurate, he falls into a secret passage. Falls to to his death, unfortunately

Cpig was killed N1

Player: Cpig
Name: Joseph Samuels
Occupation: Opop’s Quartermaster (You were never really sure why Opop needed a weapons expert, but hey the pay’s good. Each night you can sneak into someone’s room and find out what their weapon of choice is)
Weapon of Choice: Candlestick
Motive: JEALOUSY-Opop had recently acquired a beautiful antique pistol that you’ve become obsessed with. It’s the perfect thing for your collection, but he refuses to part with it.
Alibi: You were at a local pawn shop working on getting a cool sword Opop had sent you to purchase.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The lights once again go out for a few minutes, when they turn back on there's a message written in blood on a nearby mirror

The killer worked for Opopanax

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If there are no accusations by tomorrow evening, the day will end regardless

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

No one was accused, however Asiina requested a modkill for personal reasons so

Player: Asiina
Name: Kate Opopanax
Weapon of Choice: Switchblade
Motive: LOVE-You used to be famous supermodel Kate Upton, but Opop charmed you and you married him several years ago. It was never enough for him, though, and he constantly took new lovers, neglecting you once the chase was done. Well, what’s good for the gander is good for the goose.
Alibi: Having an affair with the pool boy

It is now N2

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal Incandenza died N2

Player: Hal
Name: Jim Smith
Occupation: Opop’s Life Coach (You are friendly an outgoing, so each night you will introduce yourself to someone and find out their name)
Weapon of Choice: Wrench
Motive: LOVE-You were deeply in love with Opop, but while he had no problem whatsoever with who you were, he just didn’t swing that way.
Alibi: You were with a patient at the time

It is now D3.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

A TV suddenly switches on, displaying the message
Opop was killed by something sharp

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

"It was YOU!" Screamed meinberg, jabbing his finger into Juanito's chest.

"N-no, no! No you're wrong, I loved Opop, I..." His face darkens. "Alright fine, I did it! I couldn't stand him anymore, always rubbing his fantastic life in my face!" He snarled, backing up the whole time. "I hated Opop. Hated him! HATED HATED HAT-"

Suddenly, the suit of armour behind him lunges for him and grabs him. Juanito screams girlishly and quickly passes out. Everyone else jumps back, then gasps as the armour pulls it's face plate up to reveal...Opop!

"Hey guys. Someone tried to kill me, so I set this all up to catch him. We good?"

Everyone agreed they were good, and tilted their heads back and laughed. Freeze frame

Juanito, The Killer, was caught!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Juanito posted:

so how many drat investigative roles were there? :colbert:

One for each fact.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Anything people would recommend to make it more even? I felt it could have gone either way

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I thought about allowing people to send their results to proxies, on the chance that if the killer gets one they could lie about it. Not sure if that's better or worse though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You did kind of blow it by panicking yesterday and saying you were going to accuse someone.

• Locked thread