Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I am playing Darkstalkers, but I'm not sure why I'm doing anything. Who are these people? I know Morrigan, but why is Frankenstein and Eddie from Iron Maiden there? Who is the guy that looks like a cross between Chernabog and the Electric Monster from Scooby Doo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PagO9qq8C5o

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
they all decided it would be rad to fight, op

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Akane Tendo has to fight every monster in school every day.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

http://darkstalkers.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Morrigan and her sister split and merge andi t's kind of like sex and the catgirl is a nun and a vegas dancer

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

The whole game's a dream some kid has when he crawls into a clothing rack at macy's to hide from his mom and accidentally falls asleep.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Why is there a fish lady? And who is the jiangshi (the best character)?

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
Hsein-Ko and she's my favourite and the best!

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Simoom posted:

Hsein-Ko and she's my favourite and the best!

Shouldn't that be romanized Xiange? Does that mean that the DS series takes place before the advent of Pinyin?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Smoking Crow posted:

Shouldn't that be romanized Xiange? Does that mean that the DS series takes place before the advent of Pinyin?

Her original, Japanese name is Lei-lei, but they changed it in localization for reasons known only to Capcom

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Effectronica posted:

Her original, Japanese name is Lei-lei, but they changed it in localization for reasons known only to Capcom
Lei-lei was also the Japanese name for Mega Man, and they were concerned about diluting the brand.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Can someone also explain the plot of Darksiders while we're here

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jackie D posted:

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Some monsters got together and did the mash. the monster mash.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

the 4 horsemen are called too early or something idk they'll never finish the story thanks thq

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jackie D posted:

this is no place for a horse

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Something about a Hellmouth being opened below Sunnydale I think.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

In the first game Demetri maximoff heir to the maximoff clan of the Makai and rival clan to the Aensland clan (the ruling clan) takes over the earth and everyone wants to stop him

Then in Night Warriors the alien warlord Pyron wants to take over the earth and uses the huitzel who are ancient south American robots and everyone tried to stop him

Then in three Jedah Doma heir to the lost third clan of the makai wants to kill everyone and combine them into the soul of a single entity to create God, while Morrigan also fights her "sister" who is actually half of her power stripped from her by her father at birth to prevent her from being too powerful

Darkstalkers is good

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.

ForeverSmug posted:

Darkstalkers is good

Yes.

I used to be mad that they weren't making a new Darkstalkers, but I think I'm OK with the old games because a new one might look all weird.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

I want a rpg spinoff with a fighting game battle system so they can go nuts and don't get shackled by today's spergo fighting gamers and I can have more awsome darkstakers plots

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Does anyone where Jedah's blood dimension is located?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I wound up getting the two playsation games for the series and later importing the second game for the sega saturn.

I've got the PSP game too and the one shot comic that udon did that ended in a cliff hanger.

But the remake did not sell 2 million copies so Capcom killed the series

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

they've rereleased that same version of 3 like 4 times now and they wonder why it doesn't sell cod numbers

All capcom execs should be lined up against the wall and executed by firing squad

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

ForeverSmug posted:

they've rereleased that same version of 3 like 4 times now and they wonder why it doesn't sell cod numbers

All capcom execs should be lined up against the wall and executed by firing squad

You can't just shoot them all

When Saddam took power in Iraq he had the half of the ruling council who he accused of being traitors lined up against a wall and made the other half who swore fealty to him do the shooting. This is how this sort of thing should be done

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I've never played this game but in this game Death is a Zelda, hope this helps OP

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
shits dark, peeps stalk

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
monster

mash

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lei-lei was also the Japanese name for Mega Man, and they were concerned about diluting the brand.

actually it's "rokkuman" because of Keiji inafunes love for rock and roll music (roll too, get it???)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

in darkstalkers you're the horseman of the apocalypse and the joker is your friend and you go zelda for a while until you get a bfg and get to shoot stuff.

10/10

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Smoking Crow posted:

Why is there a fish lady? And who is the jiangshi (the best character)?

the fish is a boy. Sorry to disappoint you

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ive bever played it, but from what i understand its the worst plot of all time.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
erm, wrong game.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i meant darksiders. :p

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

zeal posted:

monster

mash

that's a bad photoshop btw

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

I.N.R.I posted:

ive bever played it, but from what i understand its the worst plot of all time.

From what I understand the plot is "the book of revelations the movie the game the book the game"

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

ForeverSmug posted:

Darkstalkers 3 has been the best game Capcom released that year every time they rerelease it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

that's a bad photoshop btw
yeah that wolf guy's claws aren't that big

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
all the movie monsters fight each other with fireballs and dragon punches, is the plot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
the darkstalkers wiki relates that one of lord raptors records was called "ORAL DEAD"

• Locked thread