Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Hocus Pocus posted:

Man when this show wants to cover some ground, it covers some goddamn ground!

The Chaika D&D parallels seem deepen as Amira learns she is just a tool to facilitate a reincarnation. I guess heaven is too preoccupied containing Bahamut to help Jeanne?

Or Martinet was actually telling the truth and humans really aren't a high priority for them. They have been kinda arrogant dicks so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
For all we know that's just another delusion. On the other hand, he only got into the king's head after poisoning him.

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
Poor Amira! I hope she survives this and kick some major amount of rear end, things haven't been good for her so far.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Well this episode was entertaining, but kind of all over the place.

Why did he shoot Favaro in the heart instead of trying to give him the antidote? They tried to fit so much in such a short time that it was just completely chaotic. Also, why did the gods bother to show up now, when they could've appeared earlier and prevented the whole thing from happening? Unfortunately I think the show has completely fallen apart at this point.

Lestaki
Nov 6, 2009
I enjoyed it. As ridiculous apocalypse finales go, this is a decent take.

As far as the antidote goes, isn't it obvious? Kaisar is fighting a demon with a sword head-on and doesn't even have his own sword. Trying to stuff something into Favaro's mouth under those conditions is a great short-cut to dying quickly. The stuff with the gods was messy but presumably the situation escalated too quickly from 'containable by a handful of high angels' to 'demon Jeanne attacking, key arrived, world hosed' for them to do arrive in time to do anything.

I would agree that it was chaotic and the pacing was a bit of a mess, though. There's so much going on and it's hard to pick out what's actually important.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lestaki posted:

I enjoyed it. As ridiculous apocalypse finales go, this is a decent take.

As far as the antidote goes, isn't it obvious? Kaisar is fighting a demon with a sword head-on and doesn't even have his own sword. Trying to stuff something into Favaro's mouth under those conditions is a great short-cut to dying quickly. The stuff with the gods was messy but presumably the situation escalated too quickly from 'containable by a handful of high angels' to 'demon Jeanne attacking, key arrived, world hosed' for them to do arrive in time to do anything.

I would agree that it was chaotic and the pacing was a bit of a mess, though. There's so much going on and it's hard to pick out what's actually important.

'God' and 'angel' has been used interchangeably. These guys had black wings, the wrong colour of magic, and Cerberus was among them. They were demons arriving as reinforcements for Beelzebub, and Lavalley was lying out of his rear end. The gods are still trying to hold the barrier.

As for the antidote, I'd bet anything that it was attached to that crossbow bolt. It's a pretty fast, effective way to get that stuff into your bloodstream.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I think this show is falling apart a bit. Too much happening too fast.

Lestaki
Nov 6, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

'God' and 'angel' has been used interchangeably. These guys had black wings, the wrong colour of magic, and Cerberus was among them. They were demons arriving as reinforcements for Beelzebub, and Lavalley was lying out of his rear end. The gods are still trying to hold the barrier.

Good catch. As for god/angel, I'm making a futile attempt to distinguish between the blatantly Christian-derived characters and the blatantly ancient Greek characters. Even in terms of visual design alone, it hardly feels like Michael and Bacchus belong to the same pantheon.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lestaki posted:

Good catch. As for god/angel, I'm making a futile attempt to distinguish between the blatantly Christian-derived characters and the blatantly ancient Greek characters. Even in terms of visual design alone, it hardly feels like Michael and Bacchus belong to the same pantheon.

When we saw him in the prologue, Zeus looked just like the angels we're familiar with, though. I think Bacchus and Hansa are nonstandard because they're exiles or outsiders of some description. Certainly, that fits with their behaviour.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Ok, that was kind of a mess. Which is a shame because I like what they were going for. They really should have split this episode in two and filled it in to smooth out the pacing.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It was pretty rushed, yes, but may I please direct your attention to Fava's afro-horns.

Oh, and also, THIS

Terper fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 23, 2014

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

That was a fairly satisfying conclusion, if not very clear. Better than last week's episode anyway. It appears that the show isn't over yet?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Hmm, overall this was pretty good. Thumbs up. Poor Amira though.

Second season or movie? I hope it's a second season.

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Second-stage Midboss Syndrome
That was a surprisingly satisfactory, if ridiculously telegraphed conclusion. I am disappointed with the lack of Rita in the epilogue, though

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Redcrimson posted:

That was a surprisingly satisfactory, if ridiculously telegraphed conclusion. I am disappointed with the lack of Rita in the epilogue, though

I expect that spoilered bit will be addressed in the future.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

God drat are Favaro and Kaisar handsome with their hair down. :swoon:

That was a great finale. And it better drat well follow up on the I'LL BE BACK

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Great show throughout. I really hope a second season is coming - I want Amira to get a better ending then that. I'm a bit surprised Jeanne didn't become the new king, but I guess her whole deal is being a servant and not a ruler.

A+ would Bahamut again.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

The real hero of the show was that grappling-crossbow.

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

If I hadn't know it before that this was somehow a card-game anime I really doubt I would've caught on to it from the show alone. The turn-into-card mechanic was pretty much an afterthought.

And drat did this have high production values. Not just the art and animation. There's little things that are just plain impressive and creative, like the way larger battles are fought, magic is used, or characters use their abilities like the zombie girl zombifying everything and throwing her limbs around. Or the stereo movement-effects put into the voice acting of Gilles de Rais during the prison scene. That was some hella good voice acting and use of effects.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Holy Fava, look at that animation!

That was an amazing finale to watch, even if the actual narrative was pretty simple and straightforwards.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Is there any word on when the soundtrack is going to be released? Because I dig some of those tunes.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Squidster posted:

Is there any word on when the soundtrack is going to be released? Because I dig some of those tunes.

Seriously, that ED is the absolute best. But the best copy of it I can find is a truncated version ripped from a radio broadcasting.

Padawan
Nov 27, 2014

Felt that the episode before the finale was a bit rushed but it was all good in the end. Wouldn't be surprised for a another season with the feedback that the show got.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Did the show successfully make money in Japan? Are the card game guys now way richer than they were before?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Regarding the ending: Is Favaro Bahamut now? Was Favaro Bahamut all along? The bartender asks if the hero of legend lived and Favaro responds that "Bahamut will never die"? Did I miss something? Was this just a bad translation?

Kylra fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jan 17, 2015

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Kylra posted:

Regarding the ending: Is Favaro Bahamut now? Was Favaro Bahamut all along? The bartender asks if the hero of legend lived and Favaro responds that "Bahamut will never die"? Did I miss something? Was this just a bad translation?

No, it meant the Hero and Bahamut exist together, so if Bahamut comes back then the Hero will be back to save the world again. Obviously he can say this since he's not actually dead, but Favaro also personally wants this since he wants another shot at saving Amira.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009

Kylra posted:

He probably says this because he probably still has the tail, thus Amira is still alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

.Clash posted:

He probably says this because he probably still has the tail, thus Amira is still alive

That was my interpretation. Favaro is able to move forward because he knows that somewhere out there Amira is still there alive.

• Locked thread