Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
"We need to reference more current events, that'll give us the young audience!" The rest of the writers smiled and agreed.

"But we are in the distance future, and it's been done so many times before, how could you add to it?"

"Let's do holographic rights! How about the doctor writes a snarky book and doesn't get rights to the proceeds. Everyone loves a story about money and assets in our Utopian society where money doesn't matter."

"But that doesn't make any sense. And they already did this episode about whether data is a person, do we really need to rehash this for a hologram? What does it add? This seems like a cheap stunt to cover for whatever social injustice you are trying to mimic! These ideas are all awful. It's been awful ideas week after week. DS9 is doing a lead up to a galactic war and we are doing this nonsense? Let's do something more serious, let's do something with a little more gravitas! Who's with me?!"

"You're fired."

A producer had walked into the writer's room during the heated exchange and heard the writer's tirade. Who did this guy think he was, questioning the great path their show was on. They were going to be just fine without his ideas.

Rarity, The Fight for Holographic Rights, Delta Quadrant aligned Tracker, was put into production D3.

Without the voice of opposition, the Voyager writers started producing every story idea that popped into their minds, no matter if they made sense or not.

They brought back old characters who were supposed to be dead, they brought in nonsensical guest stars who were not at all appropriate for the parts they were given, they even had an alliance with the Borg that involved time travel!

With each episode the ratings fell a little further. Nobody wanted to see that their show was dying, but one day, when the writers were discussing a plot where the Klingon character goes on a trip to Klingon Hell, a producer walked in and gave them the bad news. They had been cancelled. Everyone was over. Star Trek: Voyager was off the air.

Quidnose, Rage Filled Kes, Delta Quadrant aligned vanilla, was endgamed.

Somberbrero, Andy Dick the Command Hologram, Delta Quadrant aligned vanilla, was endgamed.

EXAKT Science, Time Travelling Borg Alliance, Delta Quadrant aligned Cop, was endgamed.

The scum team has successfully gotten the show cancelled and won.

Dr. Hurt, Annoying Borg Children, Alpha Quadrant aligned Godfather has won.

Pinterest Mom, Klingon Hell Pirates, Alpha Quadrant aligned Roleblocker has won.

Murmur Twin, Holographic Irish Sex Toy, Alpha Quadrant aligned Goon has won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm a big idiot moron who is bad at mafia. Sorry everyone.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Thanks asiina, everyone! I blame myself, I'm sorry Quid, I once said that only idiots get mad at mafia and it turns out I am a massive idiot.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Good game, you buttheads! :mad:

Also, sorry for not knowing how to play a power role.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i had a great time :sun:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Oh yeah, thank you Asiina. The flavor was a lot of fun to read even though I know nothing about Star Trek.

Scum played a good game.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

That post where you figured out the entire scumteam and our roles was terrifying.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That was fun to run. Somber, I thought about what you said about balance. I do think I could have given town one more PR. A 2 man scum team vs 9 town felt a little unfair, so I wanted a third scum and then tried to give things to the town to balance it out. I considered making the masonry confirmed, and I probably should have.

I also didn't want to modkill Rarity since either yesterday or today that would have lost town the game and I didn't want the game to end because of a modkill. Sorry Rarity, I know you asked and I tried to convince you to stay.

Rascyc posted:

Random post-game thought for myself: I have a feeling Asina tried to troll me with an unconfirmed masonry after our last game together where Opop/Asina/myself were masons! I hope I'm right in that my mason bro is town instead of using the "one of the masonry must be scum!" meta hehe

I had actually planned it before the game started, but the fact that you happened to get rolled into one of the masonry spots made me smile.

Scumdoc

Masondoc aka Punt's descent into madness

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Son of a BiTCH I was right about the teaching info thing, it's right I'm the first part of the scum doc.

Also was right about Pint jumping to conclusions about the role blocker, just went with the wrong person. :C

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
We played it like a confirmed masonry anyway so I don't think it would have mattered other than eliminating that dialog on d2 about merking Punt.

Sorry for goofing off so much on d1 but I figured it was d1!

Thanks for modding, I had fun!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I think 11 might just be a tricky spot for balance. I want to give credit to the scumteam though, they played a great game and we did not. They nailed it terms of night actions and in-thread appearance. I think a confirmed masonry would have been nice, but I think they would have won anyway

ahhhh this scum doc is killing meeeeeee. Hurt, thanks for reminding me to watch Garden Wall.

:negative: "Sombrero must always die n1 or else he'll crack the case." :negative:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Also I had a really strong feeling it was Exact after his unvote after an unconfirmed mason claim. I just shouldn't have shot up my cred so much at that point and actually argued it but same end result I guess? Same with Dr Hurt when he posted that one block of text I quoted but nobody took it seriously QQ

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Legit yesterday my heart stopped yesterday when somber made the post that basically nailed all of us. This was a tough game for town to win.

I am honestly surprised we were able to scrape through today. Kudos to murmur and pin for stepping up to the plate when the heat was on them and posting well enough each time to avoid too much suspicion.

Also somber I completely believe what I said. You had an off game for d1 and 2 but your scumdar is usually one of the best in the game.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Also everyone should watch over the garden wall. Its so tight.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Hah, I was feeling really under the weather all of yesterday, which slowed my posting/reading the thread down a lot yesterday. I started to write up a case post at work, in which I was going to be suspicious of PMom / Somber, but ended up leaving early and forgetting to save it.

When I got home Somber had written that whole case on me which looked kind of airtight (seriously - good poo poo, Somber!), and I figured I was dead. I went to sleep right after posting in here, looking forward to seeing if Hurt/PMom could pull it off. Instead, this morning saw a PM from PM saying "Vote Rarity!" and that I slept through a shot for us to win. Fortunately, things held up.

Super-enjoyed this game - as mentioned in the scumdoc I seem to get town a super-high percentage of the time, and it was fun to see how the other side does it. I was really nervous to start but got more into it as the game moved forward. Also, I felt bad at (the SJW derail) and (the PMom-typo argument against Quid) because it felt like people were getting legitimately mad at the game/each other. It's all for fun, people!

(That said, I can see where encouraging infighting is a great thing for scum. :hist101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'm just glad this game had some loving posts after last month's series of anemic games

• Locked thread