Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Robidas in for Percy cause Randy is probably suffering from dementia or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

AegisP posted:

Please tell me you're just loving with me.

He said they need to "up their compete a few degrees"

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Christ, Robidas looks awful out there.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Only 2.94 seasons to go!

Maybe he'll agree to go on unconditional waivers and dissolve his contract out of guilt.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Leafs sure are playing with emotion tonight, great job Randy!

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jonas Gustavsson sure looked like a better goalie than he ever was for the Leafs on that one.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Smith sold the gently caress out of that elbowing call.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Yay makeup calls!

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Stoven posted:

Why put clarkson and santorelli out for a 4v4.

Because compete! Doesn't matter that Kessel hadn't had more than a shift in like 6 minutes.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Haha holy poo poo, Nestrasil jabs Kadri in the back of the knee to get a centering pass right in front of the net.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Santorelli good

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I once politely listened to a diatribe from a friend of a friend in a bar about how Phaneuf was a bum and the Leafs need to get someone like his favourite player, Kevin Bieksa. In case anyone was wondering if there were people that actually put stock in the things Don Cherry says.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Haha the Leafs have no loving clue what they're doing on the breakout.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Man, the Wings are getting picks in like it's a playoff game.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

where puck?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The Leafs are powerless to stop the Red Wings' offensive strategy of "make obvious centering passes from the outside"

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Wow, Kessel got slashed hard enough to get cut through his glove.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

*Roman Polak has puck on the boards*

*Opposing team gets tap in chance on pass from the boards*

He's been doing this since the first game.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Man, the reffing in this game has been really inconsistent.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Peter Holland should not be killing penalties.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Holy poo poo that was the best shift David Clarkson has ever had as a Leaf.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Weren't the Sens supposed to suck? Because this isn't a bad hockey team from what I'm seeing...

Chris Neil doesn't exactly get many two-point nights so I think we can write this off as an aberration.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

evenworse username posted:

Well the Sens have some undeniably good players; I thought the concern was more that they don't have a lot of depth and that the organization doesn't seem to have a really well defined direction.

It's pretty much the whole "poo poo for defense outside of Karlsson and giving up Spezza/Hemsky for literally nothing" thing.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I'm glad Bernier's figured his poo poo out from the first week of the season.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

i do think most of the doomsaying was a little much. there were a few people picking them below buffalo/florida in the division. even last year which was worst case scenario they were only 5 points out of the playoffs iirc. i think theyre mediocre

Yeah I mean there's no chance they were finishing below Buffalo. Fact remains that they lost good guys and didn't add much, and aren't likely to sniff a wildcard.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I appreciate that the Santorelli line has been good but Carlyle is basically running two forward lines in the last 5 minutes of a back to back.

Also Bozak passes up the middle are the worst.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

A point :siren:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Franson is just awful

Yeah a guy with mobility like him hurting his knee at the start of the season makes for some pretty ugly plays. I hope he didn't have high hopes for his next contract.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Leafs fourth line has played 3 minutes in the second game of a back to back.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Hahahahah

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I'm pretty cool with keeping the losing going.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Someone needs to tell Bieksa they took out the bit where it's not tripping if you get the puck first.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Stamkos good

Garrison looked terrible on that PP.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

JawKnee posted:

I wonder how frustrated Strombo is going to get with the canned answers he gets

I wonder how long it takes before he finds the person responsible for whatever is going on with his hair.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

SubCrid TC posted:

Maybe that wall was made because the set designer was angry the panelists didn't need to wear pants to work.

The real reason Andi Petrillo never got a chair.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I will never not be amused at the "Move to Saskatchewan! These paid actors are having a great time walking down the street!" commercials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Tampa's repeated failing at the empty net made watching this game totally worth it.

• Locked thread