Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

or is 360 pad still standard. i need a new pad and idk what's the best one these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

zen death robot posted:

i use a ds4 op

does it do pc games good

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I didn't know they worked on PCs yet.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I didn't know they worked on PCs yet.

i read microsoft put out drivers in june

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Ds4 is great with the touch pad since it works with steam stuff

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Widestancer posted:

Ds4 is great with the touch pad since it works with steam stuff

aight that sounds pretty good

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
someday i will get off my rear end and buy the thing that makes the wii u pro work with a pc, because it's the best

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

i got an xbone controller to replace my wired 360 controller and it works fine op. feels pretty nice

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

StabMasterArson posted:

i got an xbone controller to replace my wired 360 controller and it works fine op. feels pretty nice

hows the dpad on it, i never used a bone pad

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Parallax Scroll posted:

does it do pc games good

the only thing it won't work with guaranteed is Dark Souls 2. Some people have to disable poo poo in device manager for some god awful reason.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

why not just use a dualshock 4

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

why not just use a dualshock 4

what are the reasons its better than bone pad

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i heard some people say it was better

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Parallax Scroll posted:

what are the reasons its better than bone pad

if you click in and spin the bone stick too fast/hard it will apparently break the cheap plastic clip that pulls the stick back to center. this is supposedly happening to lots of people but the only one that complained about it in games got made fun of for having crab hands so maybe its not that big a deal?

also batteries

also bad shoulders

also ds4 is frickin sweet.

also just get a wired 360 controler for like 30 dollars because that's probably the best option except for the atrocious d pad.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i heard ds4 people were getting L1/R1 stuck

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Parallax Scroll posted:

i heard ds4 people were getting L1/R1 stuck

news to me but every controller has a failure rate i guess. i'd buy it again even if i didn't have a ps4 though because it feels really loving good (once you get a pair of 2 dollar concave stick caps on there)

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.
I use a wired x360 controller. It works great for all my emulation and d-pad needs and you can get them super cheap nowadays. The dpad does suck however. I'm fine with it but I don't play anything that needs a lot of precision there like fighting games or super hard platformers.

Number Two Stunna
Nov 8, 2009

FUCK
Is the Xbox one controller better than the Xbox 360 one?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Number Two Stunna posted:

Is the Xbox one controller better than the Xbox 360 one?

dpad? yes

everything else? no and in some places its worse

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
touchpad > no touchpad

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

zen death robot posted:

i use a ds4 op

This.

The first time I used it I kept touchpad-clicking out of my window every time I tried to hit the Option/Start button to change my weapon in Mega Man 3.

I can't get used to the position of the Touchpad and the Option button, I keep pressing the former when I mean to hit the latter. Worsened by the fact the only game I played much of on the PS4 was Middle-Earth, where the two are nearly interchangeable.

...anyway I bet the Xbone controller is good on PC, because its support is identical to the 360 controller and that usually works flawlessly.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

I use a Logitech F310, it's wired and has a really good d-pad, and works basically with everything.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
I use one when playing FPSs, OP.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Falsum posted:

this is seriously sick and hosed up

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3674251&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

Falsum posted:

Bullshit falsum, I heard about you in UT. ;)

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
The xbone pc drivers apparently work best on win8. i'm using them on win7 and they work well most of the time but some games act weird about it. they either forget the triggers exist or (in the new gauntlet game on steam) lock my computer up entirely. aside from that they do ok, better dpad than x360.

I might play around with ds4 on pc though because i'm really liking that controller.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I tried the xbone controller but the buttons felt weird

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
heard the ds4 has really long battery life. c/d?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i use a ds4 too. i sold my 360 wired and my two ds3's and got a nice magma red DS4 for my PC and PS3. never looked back.

it's really nice to hold compared to the DS3 and being able to bluetooth with the PC effortlessly is really loving sweet

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lamebot posted:

heard the ds4 has really long battery life. c/d?

if you turn the light brightness to dim it lasts all day. if it runs out on you, get a loving life you shut in nerd.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

My 360 wired is all beat up and the sticks are loose. Despite setting like 50% deadzones they still input directions without my fingers on them.

I researched a lot of pads and I think I'm going to go DS4.

If I'm using a controller instead of kb+m, I probably need the DPad to be tip top. Also, the touchpad allows me to do stuff in steam or switch games or use emulator menus without having to get off the couch and grab my mouse.

From what I can tell, they are rather closely matched though.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

OkieMurse posted:

From what I can tell, they are rather closely matched though.

yes if you are comparing the 360pad with the DS4. they are both good for pc gaming. i really didn't like the xbone pad though. im not sure what it is, I think the bumpers might be a big part of it and the new shape. just wasnt keen on it.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

VideoGames posted:

yes if you are comparing the 360pad with the DS4. they are both good for pc gaming. i really didn't like the xbone pad though. im not sure what it is, I think the bumpers might be a big part of it and the new shape. just wasnt keen on it.

Really? I got the impression the xbone and ds4's pad was way better than the 360? My 360 pad is all one piece of mushy round plastic.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i got a bone for $30 and it's really good but if you're paying full price get the ds4

xbone dpad is good

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

OkieMurse posted:

Really? I got the impression the xbone and ds4's pad was way better than the 360? My 360 pad is all one piece of mushy round plastic.

oh sorry, yeah the xbone dpad is a good pad.

i thought you meant the whole thing when you said pad. i still think of them as joypads. showing my age

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Real hurthling! posted:

get a loving life you shut in nerd.

:what:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I use the ds4 and it's pretty great. It doesn't work with every game though (notably: Dark Souls :( )

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I'm using a 360 controller currently. I'm kind of afraid of upgrading due to not knowing what games will and won't be compatible with a DS4/Xbone controller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

seiferguy posted:

I use the ds4 and it's pretty great. It doesn't work with every game though (notably: Dark Souls :( )

does it work with most games

• Locked thread