Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The gameplay isn't bad, but it's not really great either. It's a suitable vehicle to carry you through the quests and plot which is fine because this is one of the few games you can unironically play just for the story.

When you get to the final boss you can just talk your way through instead of fighting, which rpg nerds have been clamoring for since Fallout 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

When you get to the final boss you can just talk your way through instead of fighting, which rpg nerds have been clamoring for since Fallout 2.

ive never understood that

ugh why the gently caress would i want to play the game and fight a boss when i can just press buttons in the right order and win??

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

ive never understood that

ugh why the gently caress would i want to play the game and fight a boss when i can just press buttons in the right order and win??

You're right. It just doesn't add up.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it makes sense in new vegas since the combat may as well be turn based for how deep it gets but for other games?? "no i dont want a cool boss fight i just want to convince him hes wrong"

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

it makes sense in new vegas since the combat may as well be turn based for how deep it gets but for other games?? "no i dont want a cool boss fight i just want to convince him hes wrong"

Actually he convinces you he's right. I chose to fight him but having the option not to made it more satisfying because dude was an rear end in a top hat and I was glad to turn down his truce offering.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

the final boss is the dragon. the other dude after is just an optional thing and the choice is more story based. i chose not to fight him cuz dude is just trying to revive witchers

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
the witcher 2 was real good and 3 is gonna own

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
is good game but I never beat it after trying to like 3 times :shrug:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Gobblecoque posted:

the witcher 2 was real good and 3 is gonna own

LMAO.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
I tried to have fun with it but everything moves so slowly and the game kept crashing that I just gave up on it

maybe one day I'll go back to it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

bathroomrage posted:

I tried to have fun with it but everything moves so slowly and the game kept crashing that I just gave up on it

maybe one day I'll go back to it

You may is well pretend you beat it since that's all that ever happens for the rest of the game.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

Wormskull posted:

You may is well pretend you beat it since that's all that ever happens for the rest of the game.

I got to the part where some guys kept ambushing me when I went to get a silver sword and then I'd either die to them b/c the combat was surprisingly hard or I'd get past it and then the game would crash before it autosaved again and I eventually got tired of how loving ponderous everything is and went to play more bravely default

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
its alright but the combat / interface kinda sucks

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

lol at dumb idiots who hold up TW2 as a "hardcore" RPG

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

For a desktop background http://i.imgur.com/qdWt2j8.jpg

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
If you have to ask the question, geralt...

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

it's okay. some of it is pretty boring. some parts are wicked bad like the possession part.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's a bad game. It's your typical made for console PC port that has little to no redeeming features. The combat is tedious and the RPG systems are shallow and uninspired. And as for playing it for the story? Well, see my previous posts about playing video games for story purposes. It's for simpletons. Don't do it.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
The costumes in this game were badass.

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Thug Lessons posted:

The costumes in this game were badass.

A Witcher 2 fan, people.

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014
It stinks but Geralt kicks rear end.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
Set up fake expectations when you get to fight that rad giant squid in act 1 imo

Bingo
Aug 18, 2003

its boring and the combat is bad, op

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I don't like the writing or story or characters or anything. This is like the biggest draw in story driven rpgs for me, so, that alone pretty much disqualifies it, also the rest is nothing special, like the combat system is just some crappy arpg stuff, particularly in the start, and uhh, it also pisses me off with the looting where theres tons of crap strewn everywhere.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

It has good puffy armor dress-up, and a funny dwarf who says 'Lesbomancy' in a randy way. Not much else.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Oh man. The looting random bullshit. So much twine and random crap everywhere. I don't care! Crafting in games is stupid!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

conceitedguy posted:

It has good puffy armor dress-up, and a funny dwarf who says 'Lesbomancy' in a randy way. Not much else.
The dwarves in general are good in this game

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Thug Lessons posted:

Seen a lot of hate for this game. If you're one of the haters please explain why because I had a lot of fun with it.

I've posted why I hate this lovely game across numerous boards, including here and Badgame. Why don't one of the pea brained homos that enjoys this game say why they like it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

*in the most hosed up retard voice, basically Doofy combined with Lloyd Christmas plus Freakshow from Harold and Kumar* Urr, the Witcher 2 is great because the main character has a cool IT worker style pony tail and he has actual sex. None of this bioware poo poo where you only get to see the bra unless you use mods. You actaully get to see nipple in the Witcher. It's for adults. The combat is soooo good. Every single skill bar 2 or 3 is utterly useless, and there are dozens of them to choose from. It's called Choice. You get to choose a bunch of lovely skills and hope you chose a good one, or you can choose to read a forum or a wiki and find out what skills are good. Basically a proto Dark Souls, another great game.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

*in the most hosed up retard voice, basically Doofy combined with Lloyd Christmas plus Freakshow from Harold and Kumar* Urr, the Witcher 2 is great because the main character has a cool IT worker style pony tail and he has actual sex. None of this bioware poo poo where you only get to see the bra unless you use mods. You actaully get to see nipple in the Witcher. It's for adults. The combat is soooo good. Every single skill bar 2 or 3 is utterly useless, and there are dozens of them to choose from. It's called Choice. You get to choose a bunch of lovely skills and hope you chose a good one, or you can choose to read a forum or a wiki and find out what skills are good. Basically a proto Dark Souls, another great game.

uhm most skills and skill builds are Good actually. the story is fun and funny, the game looks great and i liked the combat a lot. what more can a gamer ask for???

Bingo
Aug 18, 2003

babypolis posted:

uhm most skills and skill builds are Good actually. the story is fun and funny, the game looks great and i liked the combat a lot. what more can a gamer ask for???

a good game?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this thread made me try to play the witcher 1 and wow. uh. wow. i got to the FRIGHTENER and i was so, so done with the combat. i get that its a really slow tutorial but is that seriously the depth of the combat in the game? select a style and click on someone? wtf.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
they got rid of the sex cards, OP

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Bingo posted:

a good game?

Thats entitled.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I've posted why I hate this lovely game across numerous boards, including here and Badgame. Why don't one of the pea brained homos that enjoys this game say why they like it.

I already said: I like the costumes.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

One of the great reasons to like this game is I want to have sex with Geralt.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Walks up to the keyboard to begin typing a response. The camera spins around me for 5 minutes. I press space to sit down. I press space to move the chair toward the desk. I press space to start typing. The camera spins around me for 5 more minutes. Some guy talks in another room and I can't stop typing the response until he's done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Walks up to the keyboard to begin typing a response. The camera spins around me for 5 minutes. I press space to sit down. I press space to move the chair toward the desk. I press space to start typing. The camera spins around me for 5 more minutes. Some guy talks in another room and I can't stop typing the response until he's done.

• Locked thread