Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
We did kayaking and rock climbing and yoga in my high school gym classes. The Yoga was great, did it for 2 years.

Everything before high school was terrible except for dodgeball. Dance lessons consisting of line dancing to cotton eyed joe and watching the teacher's gray sweats get filthier as the week went on. Seriously man they are sweats get another pair they can't be that expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

Alan Trammell posted:

If you don't feel confident throwing the ball at people, just go for the basket. Even if you only hit the rim, you still get 1 teammate back. And if you hit the backboard, you're safe from it being caught.

I've never heard of this version, people came back in through a team mate catching the ball.

My favorite version was called "buffalo hunt" and had no teams, just a free-for-all and you could only come back in if the person who got you out got out. Made for long-rear end games with lord of the flies-esque outcomes.

This should just be a dodgeball thread NO NERDS ALLOWED

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

Intruder posted:

How does that work? If someone gets ten people and then is out, those ten people come back in?

Pretty much. How it normally went was the teacher would let it go for the whole gym period until the last 10 minutes when they would yell sudden death and when you were our you were out. I don't think I ever saw someone actually "win."

It was great when you were on a roll and had like 10 people in jail all screaming at other players to get you out and you felt like a badass.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

Intruder posted:

One game I used to play in PE was wallball

You have a tennis ball and a wall, and you chuck it as hard as you can. If it hits someone on the richochet, that person has to run up to the wall and touch it before anyone can recover the ball and hit the wall with it or he's out. If you catch it on the fly (when I originally put bounce I meant bounce from the wall, not the ground), the person who threw it is either out or has to touch the wall before it's hit or they're out, either way they're basically out

We played this outside of school hours and as such instead of being "out" you had to put your hands on the wall while every other person took turns pegging you with the ball. Great times.

• Locked thread