Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Tonight's episode:

4x03 – “Last Fight”
Nick and Hank investigate a Wesen boxing gym while Elizabeth helps search for a way to reverse Adalind's spell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
"That is not normal." Oh, Hank, this is Portland. Of course it's normal for this show.

Also, Oh, joy, FBIrdwoman represents yet another secret organization with mysterious motives.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Weaknesses aside, I really am coming to love Trubel. What kind of wesen is she fighting, can anyone tell?

Edit: the gently caress is it with Hexenbiests and blood?

Holy poo poo did Nick just kick him into traffic?!

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Nov 8, 2014

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Loved Trubel's fight scene, that was well done.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

johntfs posted:

"That is not normal." Oh, Hank, this is Portland. Of course it's normal for this show.

Also, Oh, joy, FBIrdwoman represents yet another secret organization with mysterious motives.

I have every expectation that it's just the royals. Maybe different royals, but royals.

Seems like depowered Nick should be resolved soon(tm)--I don't think those two goons outside the spice shop are going to pose a threat to the three people inside, but we'll see I guess.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

SpannerX posted:

Loved Trubel's fight scene, that was well done.

Yeah she seems to even surprise herself, like when she's backed into a corner or losing a fight her Grimm 'instinct' kicks in and takes over.
Also I really liked the doctor's explanation about Nick having additional vision cones, similar to the rare people who can see more than 3 primary colours. I can accept that the ability to see Wesen has a physiological basis and isn't simply a mysterious and unexplained ESP effect.

And every week brings more "ah, that poor oblivious Wu" scenes. When are they finally going to tell him what's going on?!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Did Nick lose his super sensitive hearing and/or his zombieness from last season along with being a Grimm or have they kept that going?

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Nov 9, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Party Plane Jones posted:

Did Nick keep his super sensitive hearing and/or his zombieness from last season along with being a Grimm or have they kept that going?

I think they may have just forgotten that he was a zombie at all, which is a drat shame.

Each week, I find that the Wesen of the Week is by far the least interesting plotline going on and I would really like for them to drop it for a couple of episodes to get some really plotting done.

But then I remember that the writers are making a procedural first and last, which just depresses me.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Merlinicus posted:

I have every expectation that it's just the royals. Maybe different royals, but royals.

Seems like depowered Nick should be resolved soon(tm)--I don't think those two goons outside the spice shop are going to pose a threat to the three people inside, but we'll see I guess.

Well, the three people inside are Rosalee in her spice shop, Monroe, the bad-rear end Blutbad who loves Rosalee and a scary hexenbiest who used a two-headed snake-thing to bring her son back from the dead. No, I'm pretty you're right about the two doofs in hawkmasks not posing a threat to those three.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I wonder how long it'll take Adalind to realize that the guy who "rescued" her from her cell works for Viktor.

It is true that Wu didn't have time for that talk with Nick this week, but it seems clear that he's not going to drop it until he gets some answers.

Did Nick lose his super sensitive hearing and/or his zombieness from last season along with being a Grimm or have they kept that going?

I think the writers might have taken the opportunity to remove those as well to avoid power creep, but we'll have to see. (Although they were the ones who decided to let Nick keep those upgrades, even though no one would have cared if they didn't.)

johntfs posted:

Well, the three people inside are Rosalee in her spice shop, Monroe, the bad-rear end Blutbad who loves Rosalee and a scary hexenbiest who used a two-headed snake-thing to bring her son back from the dead. No, I'm pretty you're right about the two doofs in hawkmasks not posing a threat to those three.

Technically isn't it like four minutes without oxygen before your brain dies? I think it wasn't so much back from the dead as a last-minute emergency procedure.

I don't think those two guys are meant to be a threat, but rather the tip of the iceberg - Wesen who make friends with Grimms are non-existent, and the chaos at the wedding drew attention to the fact that Rosalee and Monroe are on friendly terms with a Grimm. That's a thread that hasn't really been touched on much since mid-season 1.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

johntfs posted:

I don't think their motives are that mysterious. Grimms were historically used by the Royals to keep wesen armies under control. If Hawkgirl there is a wesen working for an organisation that wants Grimms on board, odds are good someone's trying to go back to the good old days.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

johntfs posted:

Well, the three people inside are Rosalee in her spice shop, Monroe, the bad-rear end Blutbad who loves Rosalee and a scary hexenbiest who used a two-headed snake-thing to bring her son back from the dead.

You forgot the part about the Hexenbiest stopping time.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

You forgot the part about the Hexenbiest stopping time.

That's okay, the writers probably will too.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
One thing I loved was Renardmom's declaration "To beat a hexenbiest like Adalind, you need a hexenbiest like me." At which point we cut to Adalind freaked out and stuck in her cell. It was almost like the show itself responding with "Why?" I'd need to watch some Season 1 episode again, but has Adalind ever been clever or self-sufficient? She's mostly seemed to survive because of the resources/efforts of other people. I fully expect that in an upcoming episode, Adalind will show up at Nick and Juliette's home to talk to Nick and Juliette will just start beating her to death with a skillet. And then have to stop because hurting Adalind somehow hurts Nick because of the link.

Either that or Nick and Adalind will switch bodies and Juliette will end up sleeping with Adalind as Nick. That's the secret endgame of the show, isn't it? Adalind is going to literally gently caress every member of the main cast in one way or another.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

johntfs posted:

Depends. Those two doofs could be Grimms working for the newly revealed secret organization about to go bust up a vessen drug shop.

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

johntfs posted:

One thing I loved was Renardmom's declaration "To beat a hexenbiest like Adalind, you need a hexenbiest like me." At which point we cut to Adalind freaked out and stuck in her cell. It was almost like the show itself responding with "Why?" I'd need to watch some Season 1 episode again, but has Adalind ever been clever or self-sufficient? She's mostly seemed to survive because of the resources/efforts of other people. I fully expect that in an upcoming episode, Adalind will show up at Nick and Juliette's home to talk to Nick and Juliette will just start beating her to death with a skillet. And then have to stop because hurting Adalind somehow hurts Nick because of the link.

Either that or Nick and Adalind will switch bodies and Juliette will end up sleeping with Adalind as Nick. That's the secret endgame of the show, isn't it? Adalind is going to literally gently caress every member of the main cast in one way or another.

Adalind is the writers' insert character. She fucks with everyone, fucks everyone, is incompetent yet desperately important, and manages to pull off some spectacular feats despite herself.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
To be fair they deserve literally everything that happens to them for this go round. You don't just take someone's kid and lie to them, then let them wander around half mad with grief. If she's so evil and/or incompetent you can't trust her not to gently caress everything up, have the decency to kill her. At a certain point you have to learn that throwing Adalind under the bus just ends with her going insane with rage and blowing your world up in revenge.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

johntfs posted:

One thing I loved was Renardmom's declaration "To beat a hexenbiest like Adalind, you need a hexenbiest like me." At which point we cut to Adalind freaked out and stuck in her cell. It was almost like the show itself responding with "Why?"

Seriously. Time Stop is a lvl 9 wizard spell and that's some serious poo poo.

Boogaleeboo posted:

To be fair they deserve literally everything that happens to them for this go round. You don't just take someone's kid and lie to them, then let them wander around half mad with grief. If she's so evil and/or incompetent you can't trust her not to gently caress everything up, have the decency to kill her. At a certain point you have to learn that throwing Adalind under the bus just ends with her going insane with rage and blowing your world up in revenge.

Nick & Co.'s To-Do List:
  • Brief Wu
  • Apologize to Wu
  • Buy Wu a fruit basket
  • Kill Adalind

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Boogaleeboo posted:

To be fair they deserve literally everything that happens to them for this go round. You don't just take someone's kid and lie to them, then let them wander around half mad with grief.
Yes you do because
The baby is like super power possibly evil baby. Despite the sentence I just typed striking me as retarded,
do you want said baby raised by Adalind who has been established as a psychopath going on 50 times?
She is a mentally unfit mother. To be fair Nicks Mom is on the edge in that regard but she is much more responsible at least.

In terms of deserving Adalinds bullshit they do but not because of the baby. They had the chance to kill Adalind in season 1 in the bee episode. But instead of killing her Nick's character (and the dumb writers) killed off the queen bee character who was trying to save all of us a lot of grief and tortured storylines. So they deserve Adalind for killing the bee lady.

Also I'm slow but just realized this last episode was a play on "Raging Bull" except more literal.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

You missed the point. It's fine if you take the baby because you think Adalind is too evil or incompetent to either deal with her or deal with giving her up for her own good. It's insanely stupid to believe that, take her baby, and then just leave her alone. All she is going to do now is brutally gently caress you over. It's her move. You betray her, she brutally fucks you over. What did they think was going to happen when they took possibly the single thing Adalind has ever unconditionally and unselfishly loved away? She'd just go "Well, guess I don't get to be a mom. Oh well." and wander off?

Stupidity like that deserves to be punished.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Keep in mind that if you kill Adalind, baby'll gently caress you up.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Accretionist posted:

Keep in mind that if you kill Adalind, baby'll gently caress you up.

I don't know. Once she ended up with Kelly, the baby seemed to give not a single poo poo that Adalind existed.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Boogaleeboo posted:

You missed the point. It's fine if you take the baby because you think Adalind is too evil or incompetent to either deal with her or deal with giving her up for her own good. It's insanely stupid to believe that, take her baby, and then just leave her alone. All she is going to do now is brutally gently caress you over. It's her move. You betray her, she brutally fucks you over. What did they think was going to happen when they took possibly the single thing Adalind has ever unconditionally and unselfishly loved away? She'd just go "Well, guess I don't get to be a mom. Oh well." and wander off?

Stupidity like that deserves to be punished.

Yeah but her natural state is to gently caress other people over baby or not. So the good guys got to screw her over for once.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

pasaluki posted:

Yeah but her natural state is to gently caress other people over baby or not. So the good guys got to screw her over for once.

And look how well that turned out for them.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
4x04 – “Dyin' on a Prayer”
After a man is murdered with clay, Nick and Hank find themselves searching for a killer from Jewish folklore.

I wonder if he'll Talk Like This.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Golem heck yes

Should be interesting to see the Grimm spin on that

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I'm hoping for a Dybbuk. They had a nice take on that in the original Kolchak series.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I'm hoping for a Dybbuk. They had a nice take on that in the original Kolchak series.

Doubt it. Since Hollylolly's guess is the one made with clay. Although now I need to look up yours because I was raised Jewish and while the name sounds familiar, I don't actually know that story. I'm behind on my random folklore knowledge, goddamnit. Edit: That's where I've heard it. The Unborn and The Possession. Sorry, Dybbuks don't make it into Hebrew school for reform Judaism. I have no clue if they make the cut for Conservative or Orthodox Judaism or if they only show up in Jewish Mysticism, which is pretty much considered BS and not taught at all to kids. The Golem story only made it into one class because the Golem of Prague story is a fairly recent one, compared to most of the other big stories. Kind of funny, I just googled "golem" to find the date of the Golem of Prague and found a page that is under the impression that "Gollum" from lord of the rings is "Golem". Am I an idiot for thinking that Tolkien didn't intend for people to read them as the same things?

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I wonder if he'll Talk Like This.

I hope not, but he probably will. Then again, they are usually controlled by a person, so it might not have the ability to talk. They might end up spending the majority of the time looking for its "owner". Did the one on the X-files talk? It's been a long,long time since I watched that episode.

Bored fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Nov 14, 2014

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
So when Stabbey mentioned the new episode with being killed by clay, I cringed thinking "don't bring that crappy boxer wesen-of-the-week back", but realized it was actual clay

No clue about the mythology and what not of what it is/will be, but please don't spend 90% of the episode on it and casually interject things we care about.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Uh-oh, wife-beating Wesen. Looks like Juliette's gonna have to skillet a bitch.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Mom hexenbiest looks awesome. That Hebrew was weak. He didn't sound like he was injuring is sinuses.: :colbert: They really should have just threw some fiddler on the roof on in the background instead of the faux-Mediterranean music during his incantation.

Goddamnit, hurry up and give Nick back his powers.

Bored fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 15, 2014

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
...and the golem will come back, kill the shithead and get loose.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Oh good, Adelind's not back. Although Roselee's happy "So what now? Do you just have to sleep with Nick?😃" is just wrong.

"oh my god, it's real! I was really, REALLY hoping that I stuck my hand in a pile of dog poop and not clay earlier."

Bored fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Nov 15, 2014

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
drat. I was hoping for more skillet-fu. Maybe next week.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Wow, what's the deal with the trippy crying walls?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I liked that Teresa told Nick about the FBI abduction. She has pretty consistently made smart decisions, and in the cases where they were actually dumb (going off alone with the shoplifting gang), she's realized that it was a bad decision.

That morphing castle face wall was strange even by the standards of Grimm. It does not seem to be real, though, since water suddenly being that high doesn't match with the endless stairwell set. I guess she's on some kind of crazy mind-trip (induced by Viktor, probably).

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Oh, God, Adalind is such a useless fucktard that I want her to drown and Claire Coffee to star in a sitcom about a demon lawyer or something.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Astrofig posted:

Wow, what's the deal with the trippy crying walls?

That was pretty awesome, but all I could think of was "Beware!"

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

That morphing castle face wall was strange even by the standards of Grimm. It does not seem to be real, though, since water suddenly being that high doesn't match with the endless stairwell set. I guess she's on some kind of crazy mind-trip (induced by Viktor, probably).

Brought on, probably, by whatever it was she accepted and ate from the creepy troll-man....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Astrofig posted:

Brought on, probably, by whatever it was she accepted and ate from the creepy troll-man....

They even showed it in the "previously" part at the beginning of the episode. Seem to be laying that one on pretty thick.

I was somewhat disappointed that there wasn't a fight scene with the two goons who threw a brick into the spice shop. They were masked up like they were going to try to bash in some heads. But instead they threw a brick through a window and ran away like children.

Renard's mom is also fabulous. Her character is hilarious. Such a nice change of pace from the other hexenbiest.

• Locked thread