Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hell in a Cell match?
This poll is closed.
HHH vs. Nash 19 9.79%
HHH vs. HBK for 50 minutes 43 22.16%
Taker vs. Bossman 53 27.32%
CM Punk vs. Undertaker 35 18.04%
Undertaker vs. Kane 11 5.67%
DX vs. Big Show, Vince McMahon & Shane McMahon 33 17.01%
Total: 194 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Under the vegetable posted:

its cool seeing so many people get mad at those dastardly heels, then justifying it as being ACTUALLY mad at the company.

I think its funny that you've read this and think people feel anything towards the wrestlers' characters considering the entire conversation has been about booking. Which to me is the greatest piece of evidence that WWE blew it last night. If the magic trick works than most people don't bother asking how. When people start really picking at the technical side of something is usually when it failed to satisfy them at the most surface level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

he tried to pretend he was human for a few years and then realized the error of his ways and embraced who he was

Kane showed him the error of his ways. Kane is a good brother.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I think its funny that you've read this and think people feel anything towards the wrestlers' characters considering the entire conversation has been about booking. Which to me is the greatest piece of evidence that WWE blew it last night. If the magic trick works than most people don't bother asking how. When people start really picking at the technical side of something is usually when it failed to satisfy them at the most surface level.

keep working yourself into a shoot, mark

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Bigass Moth posted:

I'm ok with Bray having actual magic powers but I don't get why he got involved in that match.

Yeah and I bet they never address it in the future

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Alouicious posted:

keep working yourself into a shoot, mark

I just got called a WWE mark.

I wish Foochs was around right now because I bet he'd appreciate that one.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
LETS JUST SEE WHERE THIS GOES GUYS

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Wife thought it was the stupidest thing, yelled at me for letting her watch dumb things and now were divorced

Thanks McMahon

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

STAC Goat posted:

You deserve it if you don't know it a work when you work a work and work yourself into a shoot marks HH

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

They could do a traditional Survivor Series match at Survivor Series. Brock and the Wyatts vs Cena, Dean, and, I don't know, the Usos?

They won't, but they could.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Doo doo da doo

Da doo da doo

Doo da da doo

Your time is up my time is now.

You can't see me my time is now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Davros1 posted:

They could do a traditional Survivor Series match at Survivor Series. Brock and the Wyatts vs Cena, Dean, and, I don't know, the Usos?

The Authority vs Cena, Ambrose, and maybe Reigns if he was healthy seemed like a no brainer to me. Barring that Usos or Sheamus or Ziggler or whatever random faces you want to throw in. Wyatt's insertion into the picture seems like it shakes that all up a bit and muddies the picture, but I doubt they were ever really building to a Survivor Series match.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Davros1 posted:

Why would brock be team up with a swamp cult? i can see cena and dean teaming up but the wyatts are in kayfabe satan so i can't see anyone teaming with them.

unless wyatts team up with the Authority akin corporate ministry, and it will somehow make more scene now then it did back in 1999.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

rovert posted:

Hope they go all in on the Wyatt-Ambrose feud

Can Wyatt be Warrior? I'd like to see him fired 6 months later.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Haven't read the thread but just got done watching Hell In A Cell...man the Ambrose match was kind of... dull? I'm pretty bummed out that it was less of a match and more of a series of spots. Also I guess it's good they have Bray Wyatt doing something? I don;t know, I'm just sad that the match was so boring. Am I in the minority thinking this?

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Oct 28, 2014

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
holy loving poo poo where did this vale hate for the wyatts came from?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cyron posted:

You must be new to this

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

I'm here and HA! :)

IMO the only thing more annoying than people going "wait and see" is people doing it ironically every single time WWE makes a questionable decision (or a terrible one, LIKE LAST NIGHT YES I SAID THAT).

That's just my two cents, love y'all, namaste

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Just Chamber posted:

Haven't read the thread but just got done watching Hell In A Cell...man the Ambrose match was kind of... dull? I'm pretty bummed out that it was less of a match and more of a series of spots. Also I guess it's good they have Bray Wyatt doing something? I don;t know, I'm just sad that the match was so boring. Am I in the minority thinking this?

It wasn't a straight up wrestling match but there were a lot of rad spots, which for a spectacle like Hell In A Cell is fitting.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i'm still in shock that guy doesn't know the hulk hogan shoot work mark tweet tbh

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Cyron posted:

When he was forever ruined upon the altar of Cena to appease the Godemperor Vince McMahon.

It'll probably be a good Raw tonight, if not I'll work on my first Greek Mythology blog post while half watching Raw. (First blog is going to be about the Theogony if anyone is curious)

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Cyron posted:

Didn't you know? Bray Wyatt is a big crying begging baby looser jobber nobody who's literally less threatening than Zack Ryder according to some people on this forum.

Like, I can understand not liking Bray or how is run has gone, or thinking that last nights ending was bad, but the crazy hate boner some people here have for Bray is weird.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

I Before E posted:

It wasn't a straight up wrestling match but there were a lot of rad spots, which for a spectacle like Hell In A Cell is fitting.

the word from here sounds like "great match, shity finish.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Alouicious posted:

i'm still in shock that guy doesn't know the hulk hogan shoot work mark tweet tbh

It's a tweet. Try finding it in your wall of bad jokes, news and whatever everyone is mad about now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just really don't understand why Wyatt hasn't converted one single person to his "Family" during his run. Just anyone. Zach Ryder. Tyson Kidd. Kofi Kingston. A Diva. A developmental debut. Anyone. I'm not saying go all full blown Raven Flock with a dozen people but Bray Wyatt's entire thing is that he's a cult leader with the ability to woo over people into his Family. One of his first stories was trying to do it with Daniel Bryan. So why hasn't he successfully wooed ONE person this entire time?

I'm probably a little too fixated on that one particular facet of his character but I really don't get it. It would have been so easy for WWE to just turn someone they had nothing for and throw them with the family so Wyatt looks a little more legit. I don't get why its never been done.

Like, part of me just wants them to reveal that he was the one who turned Nikki Bella against her sister as some kind of passive aggressive attack against Bryan and Cena and the thrill of destroying a family. I just want him to be able to count SOMETHING as a win.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
A wrestling fan once asked a forums poster to create a post for him. He wanted an inscription that would humble him in the good times and console him in the bad.

When it was finally given to him, the fan was delighted that the post said, "Wait and see."

Reading the post further, he saw "Cena winz lol."

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

I just really don't understand why Wyatt hasn't converted one single person to his "Family" during his run. Just anyone. Zach Ryder. Tyson Kidd. Kofi Kingston. A Diva. A developmental debut. Anyone. I'm not saying go all full blown Raven Flock with a dozen people but Bray Wyatt's entire thing is that he's a cult leader with the ability to woo over people into his Family. One of his first stories was trying to do it with Daniel Bryan. So why hasn't he successfully wooed ONE person this entire time?

I'm probably a little too fixated on that one particular facet of his character but I really don't get it. It would have been so easy for WWE to just turn someone they had nothing for and throw them with the family so Wyatt looks a little more legit. I don't get why its never been done.

Like, part of me just wants them to reveal that he was the one who turned Nikki Bella against her sister as some kind of passive aggressive attack against Bryan and Cena and the thrill of destroying a family. I just want him to be able to count SOMETHING as a win.

Bray doesn't need anybody else tho. Harper and Luke are the team's heavies, stooges and tag team and Bray is his own ringer. If they were smaller, I could see Bray brainwashing someone who's very large, otherwise what does the team need?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Bray doesn't need anybody else tho. Harper and Luke are the team's heavies, stooges and tag team and Bray is his own ringer. If they were smaller, I could see Bray brainwashing someone who's very large, otherwise what does the team need?

Luke Harper is so heavy he counts as two people

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Its a character need more than a strategic move, IMO. Wyatt's gimmick is "cult leader." His entire schtick since this began has been about him giving speeches about how people are leading the wrong lives or walking the wrong paths or whatever and should listen to him. He's failed time and time again to not only win any of these "debates" but the physical wars that come out of them.

I just feel like he'd feel a lot more legit and less like a loser if he had converted one or two people into his Family along the way, even if they're not especially important people. It would just legitimize his gimmick a little since right now he's just kind of a cult leader because he says he is. And at least it would stand as SOME kind of victory the guy has had because otherwise what has Wyatt actually accomplished? A title reign? A feud victory? Anything that had any consequence or import? This would be an easy and cheap one.

And isn't his thing about trying to woo people to his way? So wouldn't he want to have converts even if they didn't present an obvious tactical advantage for him? And even if he's just a fraud there's always a little more security in numbers. CM Punk managed to convert people into his Straight Edge Society. Raven made a career out of converting people into his Flock/Next/Gathering/Whatever. Wyatt just has the two guys he showed up with and that feels like a bit of a failure to me.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

looks like a Giant Genie imo

that rules too

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I didn't get to watch HIAC until today and man the Cena/Orton match was just really boring. It wasn't bad, it was just kind of your standard Cena/Orton match.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Would someone please post Big Dave's star ratings before I have a panic attack?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

(hyperventilates)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

oldpainless posted:

Would someone please post Big Dave's star ratings before I have a panic attack?

That's not until Wednesday.

• Locked thread