Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hell in a Cell match?
This poll is closed.
HHH vs. Nash 19 9.79%
HHH vs. HBK for 50 minutes 43 22.16%
Taker vs. Bossman 53 27.32%
CM Punk vs. Undertaker 35 18.04%
Undertaker vs. Kane 11 5.67%
DX vs. Big Show, Vince McMahon & Shane McMahon 33 17.01%
Total: 194 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
I'm down for a crazy face stable of Orton, Ambrose, and...fuckit, Luke Harper?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

No, because it made Big Show dig things up from deep in his psyche. Horrible things.

remember when they did this and then like two weeks later big show was an opponent for brock lesnar

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Kurrant posted:

As one the friends in question, as well as being one of the loons responsible for coming up the idea , The Race War Games Cage Set-up involved the following... (deep breath)

-One WCW War Games cage setup
-On top of that was Hell in the Cell
-Connected to the Cell were two shark cages
-Around the Cell was The CZW Cage Of Death
-Around that was The Punjabi Prison

All for a total of 7 cages, as well as a Scaffold for dumb rear end bumps.
The match was a 5 on 5 War Games style match with the two sides managers being locked in the Shark cages.
2 men start, with 1 man being added every sixty seconds, the advantage being determined by a coin toss.
Once all ten men entered, Race War Games began.
The only ways to win... Submit, Or Surrender.

Ahh, Good times.

EDIT: Here's a download link to the show in question. The match is at the 1:17:36 mark. ENJOY!(and god have mercy on your soul.) [url] http://www.blogtalkradio.com/cstc/2011/09/18/pcw-presents-race-war-games.mp3?localembed=download [url]

And after all this you didn't have the sense to put lumberjacks around it all with the guns the Gladiators had on the Assault round? Disappointing.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Hoss Corncave posted:

And after all this you didn't have the sense to put lumberjacks around it all with the guns the Gladiators had on the Assault round? Disappointing.

Also there should be a pole somewhere with a thing on it. But that wouldn't be fair to Rollins because Dean Ambrose is undefeated in Stuff On A Pole matches.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Cardboard Box posted:

remember when they did this and then like two weeks later big show was an opponent for brock lesnar

And less than two months after main eventing a PPV.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Ambrose should exclusively demand WCW-era match stipulations from now one. Spin the wheel make a deal here we come. That man has done some unspeakable things with a coal miner's glove.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

Ambrose should exclusively demand WCW-era match stipulations from now one. Spin the wheel make a deal here we come. That man has done some unspeakable things with a coal miner's glove.

If this leads to Dean Ambrose hitting Seth Rollins with a photo of Scott Hall, I'm all for it.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

karmicknight posted:

If this leads to Dean Ambrose hitting Seth Rollins with a photo of Scott Hall, I'm all for it.

The AJ styles plaque would also be acceptable.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That was a really weird Raw but Mick Foley showed up and got a cheap pop from CITY NAME :thumbsup: so it was okay by me.

MrTpug
Feb 16, 2011

Sanguinia posted:

Also there should be a pole somewhere with a thing on it. But that wouldn't be fair to Rollins because Dean Ambrose is undefeated in Stuff On A Pole matches.

All the top turnbuckle pads should be replaced with coal-miner's gloves

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
It's been said a million times but wow the announcing is just dreadful. The Ambrose dummy segment wasn't great as it was, but the announcers explaining every single pun made it even worse.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Cardboard Box posted:

Remember when two weeks earlier he was the guy they were trying to push over Daniel Bryan.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I can sit through bad RAW’s, normally because I’m writing or playing video games on my computer while it’s on my office TV, but I can’t stand BORING RAW’s. Last night was the definition of a “running in place” RAW, where nothing really happened other than Seth Rollins curb stomping Randy Orton at the very end. Everything else except for Miz/Mizdow was boring because we’ve seen it a thousand times before (the Intercontinental Champion loses AGAIN) or boring AND bad (the “American flag” plant or shilling about the Kansas City Royals ALL drat NIGHT).

This is the first time I can remember switching over to Monday Night Football, and I switched over right when the Steelers went into Beast Mode and annihilated the Texans. The onside kick to end the game was more entertaining and memorable than anything on RAW last night.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

triplexpac posted:

It's been said a million times but wow the announcing is just dreadful. The Ambrose dummy segment wasn't great as it was, but the announcers explaining every single pun made it even worse.

But he is a dummy King! Literally, Dean Ambrose has a dummy in the ring right now. There is an actual Seth Rollins dummy, right there that Dean Ambrose is addressing.

Karl Ontario
Jan 1, 2006

Maybe if I'm part of that mob, I can help steer it in wise directions.
How the WWE tried to sell Rusev hitting one of his signature moves on a fan rushing the ring as real I'll never know. Why not have Rusev actually punch the guy or do ANYTHING that isn't a wrestling maneuver? At least the fans would have bought it a bit more. Once he hit the super kick it was obvious to everyone that it was a plant.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Karl Ontario posted:

How the WWE tried to sell Rusev hitting one of his signature moves on a fan rushing the ring as real I'll never know. Why not have Rusev actually punch the guy or do ANYTHING that isn't a wrestling maneuver? At least the fans would have bought it a bit more. Once he hit the super kick it was obvious to everyone that it was a plant.

I assume it's because they don't want fans actually storming the ring, so making it clear that it's a work might discourage attention whores from copy-catting their thing

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

To everyone who hated Dean's mannequin segment: I don't like you very much.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Wait, they actually had a fan kayfabe rush the ring, and then a wrestler taking him out was depicted as a heel act?? :psyduck: Or was it more of a Masterlock Challenge type of thing?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

I find it hilarious that they're saying 'testicles' is PG, but 'balls' isn't. Heyman used the T word in a promo a few weeks ago as well, it's pretty obvious at this point.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Minidust posted:

Wait, they actually had a fan kayfabe rush the ring, and then a wrestler taking him out was depicted as a heel act?? :psyduck: Or was it more of a Masterlock Challenge type of thing?

It was a guy in army fatigues trying to stop Rusev from pulling down the US flag. Having Rusev beat up a military man is definitely a heel move.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Minidust posted:

There was a military guy who was supposed to go into the ring and throw Rusev out in a scripted segment, but Rusev decided to shoot on him and gave him a legit neck injury. You got the scoop here first.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Rusev is a babyface in all of our hearts, true believers.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Orgophlax posted:

It was a guy in army fatigues trying to stop Rusev from pulling down the US flag. Having Rusev beat up a military man is definitely a heel move.
Haha, wow. They really shouldn't book anything where a fan jumping the railing is meant to be a heroic act. Unless they are debuting a wrestler that way, it sets a really bad precedent. I bet most wrestlers hated the segment but didn't want to speak up.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Karl Ontario posted:

because superkicks are loving cool

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

It's really funny to me that tearing down the American Flag is verboten but depicting an American soldier in the loving face is A-OK.

I'm not complaining for the record everything about Rusev has ruled since day one. I wish he'd talk less though, it was better when Lana would do the talking and he'd say some things in Russian for some quick cheap heat.

That time he went on a rant about anuses was great though so :shrug:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Which branch was it that cried enough about some segment to have Finlay fired? I'm expecting this to lead to the termination of Arn Anderson.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Is that the first time a televised wrestling organization had an anti-american wrestler actually hit a "US Soldier"?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

That DICK! posted:

That time he went on a rant about anuses was great though
_____________/

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

DeathChicken posted:

Which branch was it that cried enough about some segment to have Finlay fired? I'm expecting this to lead to the termination of Arn Anderson.

National Guard

http://www.f4wonline.com/component/content/article/20026/

quote:

Multiple web sites including PWinsider.com reported this afternoon that Fit Finlay had been released due to an incident at the Friday night house show in Champaign, IL. In contacting a couple of people in WWE, they believed the story to be true.

We had gotten a live report from the show noting The Miz come out and stopped the playing of the national anthem to get easy heel heat prior to a title defense against Randy Orton that would open the show.

Apparently reprsentatives of the Army National Guard, a WWE sponsor, were upset they would use the anthem for cheap heat. Since Finlay was in charge of laying out the show, and thus would have made the final call on the idea, he was the one let go.

:rolleyes:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Spikeguy posted:

Is that the first time a televised wrestling organization had an anti-american wrestler actually hit a "US Soldier"?

Did Lance Storm ever beat up MIA

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
So it's okay for Big Show to tear down the Russian flag but if Rusev touches the US flag that's a whole different story buster

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Never underestimate the rampant hypocrisy of a large North American company.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

It took me way too long to realize that all the poll options were bad HiaC matches. I've never watched it, but was that 50 minute HHH/HBK match as horribly self-indulgent as it sounds?

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Dimebags Brain posted:

It took me way too long to realize that all the poll options were bad HiaC matches. I've never watched it, but was that 50 minute HHH/HBK match as horribly self-indulgent as it sounds?

Yes.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bard Maddox posted:

because superkicks are loving cool

Less so now that the Usos use their lovely ones approximately a billion times a match.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

triplexpac posted:

So it's okay for Big Show to tear down the Russian flag but if Rusev touches the US flag that's a whole different story buster

Ahem, Big Show was forced by the company to go to sensitivity training for tearing down the Russian flag!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Codependent Poster posted:

Less so now that the Usos use their lovely ones approximately a billion times a match.

Actually the more superkicks, the better. It's the Superkick Party law.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Spikeguy posted:

sergeant slaughter got hit all the time

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

TheJoker138 posted:

Did they come back tonight, or just more promo videos?
One extra-length promo video that cut together all the previous ones and then added some more crazypants ranting from Bray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bray was wearing the old fuzzy Ascension coat in that vid, right?

• Locked thread