Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Androc
Dec 26, 2008

See, my guess was a Tanis mirror. I'm... not sure if this is better or worse.

I would probably want to know more about the draft mechanics before settling on a choice, but my gut feeling is that blind build presents less chance to get screwed over pre-game.

e: Though on further reflection, being all cutthroat during draft could be fun in itself.

Androc fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

There's only room for one musical robot in this duel!

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Drive.

I think I like you right where you are. :getin:

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Copycat!

Advance 2, spend 4 energy to paralyze. The only legal movement is to pull him one space.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

At 4 power on the vent, I'm more than happy to whiff my attack to avoid getting hit. I retreat one space.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Well gosh, when you put it that way,

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

I think you might have gotten the characters mixed with the last movement.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

I'll move behind him so I can hit, then advance one space to his other side.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

I will advance three spaces.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Retreat 1 space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

I'm gonna be honest, a significant portion of my strategy revolved around spamming unbreakable slice once I realized what an utterly filthy move it was. :v:

I was strongly tempted by acquisition mode, its activation effect is very powerful. What it came down to was realizing that, in short, there are a lot of really good energy-using styles and bases. If I took acquisition mode, I'd either have to give up on all of those effects or almost never use the activated ability that I would want acquisition mode for in the first place.

• Locked thread