Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

That's exactly right. Roberson killed OKC's offense to a hilarious degree, even if he was a really good defender. He and Tony Allen both miss layups that you would never expect a professional basketball player to miss.

Roberson's shot is coming along he shot 40% from 3 in January and march this year. The thing with him is they had to completely remake his stroke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

If the Lakers take Russell, I'll be real mad

Will Chad Ford edit his mock draft a couple years from now to make it more accurate?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

pylb posted:

Sam Smith is saying the Knicks and Nuggets are talking about a #4 for #7 + Nurkic trade.

Thats good for the Knicks.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

Huh, I hadn't seen that. I had heard that they really liked Russell and the Porzingas thing was a smokescreen to get trade offers from people who liked him. Mudiay does seem like the kind of guy they tend to target, but man at some point you need someone who can shoot the ball.

He said it on Lowe's podcast. Ford said Hinkie was the only GM who watched Mudiay in China, and is focused on assets.

Metapod posted:

Roberson's shot is coming along he shot 40% from 3 in January and march this year. The thing with him is they had to completely remake his stroke

Well, it will be nice if he can learn to shoot. It underlines both how thin they were on the wing and great he was on defense that he was allowed to stay out there while missing every shot and looking like a sad man all alone in the corner. Have to be great on d to be allowed to stay on the court when you're a disaster on o.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

DOOP posted:

Will Chad Ford edit his mock draft a couple years from now to make it more accurate?

I think Hinkie can work some magic with Okafor. Don't despair.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

DOOP posted:

:agreed:

If Russell is off the board I'm on the phone with Orlando/everyone else

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Dejan Bimble posted:

He said it on Lowe's podcast. Ford said Hinkie was the only GM who watched Mudiay in China, and is focused on assets.

Well, it will be nice if he can learn to shoot. It underlines both how thin they were on the wing and great he was on defense that he was allowed to stay out there while missing every shot and looking like a sad man all alone in the corner. Have to be great on d to be allowed to stay on the court when you're a disaster on o.

Sam Presti has traded the 14th pick for the rights to experimental biotechnology that will allow the Thunder to merge Anthony Morrow and Andre Roberson into one person.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I take Okafor if Russell is gone and no one wants to trade down. Mostly so the Knicks don't get him.

The Knicks should get no nice things

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

MourningView posted:

I don't think they can really go wrong either way. Okafor is really good, they're not that far apart. I saw Russell a lot more so that might be some of it. They're both going to be great offensive players (and I think Okafor has the lower floor of the two), I just think Russell is easier to hide defensively and easier to build a team around.

That's a good point, thanks. I overhyped Okafor in my head for weeks without even thinking about Russell because I figured it was a done deal. I think Okafor will eventually develop a defense but a fluid, solid guard would probably be better for the team in the long run since the upcoming FA looks like it'll be a good one for C/PF. Either way, I don't think I'll be disappointed.

DOOP posted:

I take Okafor if Russell is gone and no one wants to trade down. Mostly so the Knicks don't get him.

The Knicks should get no nice things

Agreed

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 25, 2015

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I gotta think if the Lakers draft Russell, the 76ers are going to be fielding an enormous amount of calls for the rights to Okafor. Hinkie claps his hands gleefully as he considers his Smaug-esque hoard of picks and stash players.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lakers are taking Russell. It is known.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Has anybody made a Towns Syndrome joke today? Anyway, I'm excited for basketball, and the draft! Oh boy :D

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Posting from my phone after giving my lil cousins airplane rides for about 45 minutes straight holy cow Im tired and sweaty and ready for this poo poo.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Please don't be mean about my Knicks this is our only chance :(

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

EvanTH posted:

Please don't be mean about my Knicks this is our only chance :(

Porzingis' time is now.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Porzingis' time is now.

Nah he will need a year to get adjusted to physicality

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Plz explain?? I ain't seen this when did this happen what's the logic?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

NickRoweFillea posted:

Porzingis' time is now.

http://streamable.com/rf3i

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
What's Russell's NBA comp

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

EvanTH posted:

Hezonja is the hero we need

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Ford's now calling Okafor dropping to the Knicks. He also doesn't seem to understand which camera to look at.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I love this so much

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Are using this thread as the gdt?

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

tatankatonk posted:

What's Russell's NBA comp

Stephen Magic Johnson Curry

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Porzingis is loving TALL

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

EvanTH posted:

He is super athletic and can shoot and was pretty productive on one of the best teams in the second best league in the world and is a huge shithead and I kinda love him. I want to root for Croatian JR Smith.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Every highlight I've seen of Kaminsky involves a slow-mo spin move that will get shoved down his throat in the NBA

I'm also watching ESPN for the first time in months and I guess instead of talking about the draft they're going to have a Wiz Khalifa concert

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

EvanTH posted:

Hezonja, in perhaps the most G move of the draft, told a reporter that the most famous athlete on the planet could come see him, not the other way around. He is a big shithead and will likely either become an insane superstar or wash out, no middle ground

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

triple sulk posted:

I really hope that whoever the Sixers take pans out but it based on general comments I've seen a few people aren't totally sold on Russell, but maybe they're just clueless as the majority of fans want him. I can't tell whether his stock has really risen or fallen in the last few weeks compared to Porzingus getting a lot of praise based on his ceiling.

Let's say Russell goes second though -- do the Sixers take Okafor and try for three bigs, assuming Embiid ever plays? Do they trade down a spot or two? Do you trade Noel (I wouldn't, just saying) and a couple of the 2nd rounders to maybe get one of the non-Russell PGs? The Sixers desperately need one as evidenced by how much better Noel became after having someone who wasn't MCW on the court (but then in such a scenario he'd be gone so yeah). I guess I just hate the idea of taking Okafor and working out that problem later. I guess Okafor ends up being an insurance policy for Embiid at the worst. Sorry for the lovely stream of consciousness thoughts.

Take Okafor and either:

Trade down to somewhere between #4-#7 and see how many future picks you can acquire.

Or keep Okafor as insurance for Embiid. Even if Embiid is playing this year, it'll likely be very limited action so Okafor will have ample time to develop.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

aBagorn posted:

Stephen Magic Johnson Curry

Only if the Lakers draft him otherwise he'll tear an ACL and come off the bench for the rest of his life.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
That being said, I would kill for Hezonja on my team. Let him run his mouth and the newly formed Goon Squad will sort it out

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I should say I have literally never seen Hezonja, The Zinger, or Mudiay actually play a complete basketball game so feel free to just assume I am full of poo poo with all three (I mean I am full of poo poo just in general, but, like, even moreso)

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

MourningView posted:

I should say I have literally never seen Hezonja, The Zinger, or Mudiay actually play a complete basketball game so feel free to just assume I am full of poo poo with all three (I mean I am full of poo poo just in general, but, like, even moreso)

Ive only seen the Zinger take shots in an open gym but goddamn is he tall and cool draft him everyone.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I have talked myself into Hezonja and having someone actually interesting on the Pistons so I am going to prepare my body for Sam Dekker I guess.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I hope the Hawks take somebody they can develop for a while and the Knicks overreach by a ton God bless

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I would not mind Utah trading down for a bunch of picks and maybe a backup point guard or whatever so they can draft someone like Portis, Hunter, or whatever, but I don't know who is really dying to get up to 12. I guess maybe Boston if they want a rim protector and like WCS or Turner? I dunno. It's kicking around though.

It'd be dope if they drafted Hunter and then brought Millsap back as a free agent.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

This ESPN anchor introducing wiz khalifa is so awkward

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

In my heart I will accept Porzingis at 3.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Play something from Kush and OJ Wiz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

euphronius posted:

In my heart I will accept Porzingis at 3.

He's going #1

• Locked thread