Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"
I know nothing about the Chinese league, but here are some other players' stats for comparison:
Marbury - 14 pts, 4.1 rb, 4.5 ast, 53% FG, 32% 3PT
Akognon - 24 pts, 3.6 rb, 2.6 ast, 53% FG, 37% 3PT
Crawford - 29 pts, 3.8 rb, 3.4 ast, 46% FG, 37% 3PT

Mudiay's statline seems decent considering his age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

Ronnie Brewer was a better jump shooter than both MCW and Tony Wroten. Actually, the combined duo of Mutombo and Ronnie Brewer is better than the combined duo of MCW and Tony Wroten (at jumpshots).

Mutombo took close to 200 jump shots each of his first two seasons, then a total of another 200 over the rest of his career.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

They're going to draft Okafor and trot out a line up of Aldemir, McGee, Noel, Embiid, Okafor.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

Spacebump posted:

Which sites have the best mock drafts? I want to briefly get excited about the Mavs getting a young player then realize even if they keep the pick from the Rondo trade it'll probably be traded to someone else.

This guy has been relatively accurate these last few 4-5 years. He hasn't posted a mock draft in a while though, he'll probably be more active after the playoffs.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

MourningView posted:

The fact that Utah will literally never sign a free agent of any impact makes it lot harder to care, even though in concept the idea of locking up a core that combined to be one of the worst teams in basketball is still kinda dumb.

As long as they have the space in a few years to make Rudy Gobert the highest paid player in basketball it's fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB_SqxTOzAk

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

So now both bigs will tank their interviews with Minnesota in the hopes of heading to LA, right?

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

I was at a Nanterre game last year against some Eastern Euro team and Mouhammadou Jaiteh looked terrible in the few minutes he got. Apart from being the biggest man on the court, he looked absolutely lost. Nanterre relied on a 6'7" center who couldn't hit a shot and was getting outrebounded by the opposition's stiffs and he was still a better player than Jaiteh. Maybe he's improved this year.

I hope Alpha Kaba makes it because he's got an awesome name.

pylb fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 26, 2015

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

Latest rumor is the Knicks might take WCS at #4 :v:

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

I still don't know why Pop didn't get fired in 2013. Couldn't beat the Heat in the finals, made that dreadful Duncan substitution, and Tony Parker was taking over huddles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1oqTs1ry0Q

Rick posted:

Sure sounds fun.

Probably no point in doing it past the first round since even the GMs are making up names at that point.
Hey now I almost got the last pick of the 2nd round right in last year's game (I was off by one spot).

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

morestuff posted:

Reading a little more about Hezonja and I can already tell that he's going to be one of my favorite players, whether he's great or (possibly better) completely terrible. I just hope coming to America doesn't humble him at all, I want "LeBron James, feh, he is dirt beneath my boots" and the throat-slash gesture

Jusuf Nurkic is already pretty good at that.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

EvanTH posted:

Is it true that foreign players are more likely to deliberately whack someone in the nuts mid-game or is that my personal xenophobic prejudice ? The 2012 Olympics were an important event in my sports-psychological makeup.

I don't think they're more likely to target the nuts, but I do think they're more likely to deliberately whack someone since the euro game is a bit more physical and they didn't go through the media scrutiny of the NCAA.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

FrankeeFrankFrank posted:

OK... this is where I get lost on how these things work.

The Cavs must have liked Waiters right? At least somewhat. BUT not enough to pick him at #4?
So... then the Cavs hear a rumor that he is promised to someone early?
Earlier than #4? So when he "drops" they think they got lucky and have got to have him? And forget all about them not thinking he was good enough for #4?

Or were they thinking about trading down and still hoping to Waiters at say #6... but they think the team at #5 has a promise to him, so they stick at #4 and take him.

How dumb do you have to be to draft someone you don't want, or higher than you want because someone else likes made a "promise"? How dumb do you have to be... especially a #4 to get fooled... maybe in the second round or something you let someone get in your head... but not at #4...

Maybe they picked him at 4 so that the mysterious team that wanted him enough to give him a promise would trade with them. Unfortunately no team actually wanted him so they couldn't trade him away.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

Here's last year's thread for nostalgia's sake:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3645844

I had forgotten all about the terrible bus ride intro.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

Here's an article on various prospects' injury concerns

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

I thought RHJ was also good at getting to the line?

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

Sam Smith is saying the Knicks and Nuggets are talking about a #4 for #7 + Nurkic trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

chunkles posted:

I could almost support that for the Knicks, seeing as how they need multiple competent players.

Well it's Sam Smith so I don't know if there's really anything to it.

But I don't think it would be a bad deal if the Knicks don't particularly love any of the guys available at #4. Nurkic looked pretty good last year. a lot better than McDermott

• Locked thread