Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I'm not a major CD poster, but I looked through the first few pages and didn't see anything about this:

The Gizzard
This is going to be a movie about "psychological dissection." It's a series of interconnected shorts involving a set of characters that have the "guts" of their psyche gradually exposed. It has a really weird mix of people working on it, including Matt Damon, Jeff Bridges, Julianna Margulies, Tom Waits, and Lily Cole. Terry Gilliam wrote it and is directing.

Matt Damon posted:

He sent it over to me and I read it and he didn't even tell me which role, he just said "Look there's a ton of great roles," and you know the three male leads I thought were all great, you know? Really very different roles and I called him back and said "This is great," I said "I'll do whatever you want just let me know."
His character, Stephan Lorraine, loses his wife.

Jeff Bridges posted:

It's about ethics. I said it before, our ethics still haven't really caught up. I think it's important to question that.
Bridges plays a preiest who found out about a murder through the cliche'd sacrament of confession, and obviously can't speak about it even though he begins to find out more and more details.

Apparently Waits hates the way it's going and refuses to mention the movie in any way or continue work on it. I dunno what the hell that's all about, don't think I fully belive it. I saw it on one of those bullshit movie news sites, kind of hard to verify.

Margulies actually got onboard when she met Gilliam on the Tonight Show, but she's displeased about how much time she has to be away from her kids for the film. Not much out there about her role.

Sandra Day leads a corporation that's implicated in human rights violations:

Lily Cole posted:

So much of this conflict is being driven by the desire for wealth. It's history repeating itself again and again.

Terry Gilliam posted:

What triggered this was the start of production on The Zero Theorem. I wanted to take the piss out of the connected world with that -- I did. But I started to get this seed of an idea at the same time. This project in a way is the opposite of [The Zero Theorem], not a celebration of interconnection, but a cricism of both ideas. You can't be really alone, but you can't really connect on the most fundamental level either. I want to peel this apart. Kind of dissect it and get all the bits out.

Anyway I was a pretty big fan of Brazil and Munchausen and all that crap so I'll be watching for it. Probably be delayed if the Waits thing is true.

It's kind of strange, before I started looking at this I never realized the amount of low key work Waits put out, maybe he's just sick of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Zero Theorem owns, this is gonna own too, can't wait for 2016.

• Locked thread