Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
At first this was a silly diversion, but the game is actually quite tactical and fun. We even started playing in the monthly tournament/league things they support with promo figures and tokens as prizes. I was suitably impressed.
That villains box will be mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
I play at Mayhem Comics and Games in Des Moines Iowa (https://www.mayhemcomics.com same place as the Mayhem cup for Warmachine, the Muse on Minis crew and such), we have a Sunday night league thing we do, had some great games last night. I played an all Old-Man team with all three enutrofs and grampy, it was pretty brutal :) -4 move is nasty if you hit it all on someones lvl 6 and then just stand out of range :)

edit: Thought of a follow up question. Is there a place to get more board layouts? I heard for the big tournaments in Europe the event will have a new board sometimes, looking to see if we can snag some of these, or images of them so we can play with them (if they are coming out as a sellable item then no need, but if not I would love to print some out or make a 3d version with my hirst arts moulds.)

Mr.Booger fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 17, 2014

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
That is a pretty good run down. We explain it as Final Fantasy Tactics - the board game. It is grid based, characters activate in initiative order, have movement and action point allowances to use abilities/attack. Terrain is important, and you collect money during the game to buy temp abilities or equipment, or straight up buy a VP from your opponent, but there is a limited amount of money and you have to use actions to pick it up, so knowing when and how to use it is also important.

Honestly there is quite abit to it, though it was easy to learn, as the basics are still FFtactics.

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
For boards it is nice to have variety, All are pretty nice with various additions, the sliding of blocks on frigost makes for new tactics. But for the money, Not Mines was a great pick up, you can get it fairly cheap (14-16 $ online) and they are double sided with different maps. the mine carts can also open up angles and such like the ice blocks.

If you purely want 3s for your collection to keep it simple most of the 4 pack boxes are not quite where you want to go as I think each box is 12 pts, but usually a variety of values among the 4 models. There are alot of 3s around though, so maybe hit ebay for people's extras, etc. Though there are rules for mis-matched points values (which we have done before and worked out pretty well).

Most of the boxes have something I have liked quite abit, so hard to narrow down one or two that would be best. I might suggest hitting krosmaster arena online to get a look at all the models and their cards (so you can see all the threes) and then see which ones have the most you want.

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
The season 3 stuff looks really nice. Our play group hasn't grown much, still 7-8 of us, but we have pretty good tournaments, with different people and different teams winning alot, good variety still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
The company has basically gone silent, without producing new models/content for the board game in awhile, along with not shipping their Quest kickstarter game even though it is supposedly done, the thought is the company ran out of money. They put up a new item for funding, but the comments are basically just people asking why they would give them money when they haven't shipped the first crowd funded game. It is a bit of a mess, and it kinda killed the game locally here.

• Locked thread