Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

also notice how i gave my protection targets (me, every night) and somb hasnt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

winvirus posted:

also notice how i gave my protection targets (me, every night) and somb hasnt

no i did.

Somberbrero posted:

no winvirus you're not the Malkovich, I'm the Malkovich. exakt/winvirus/exakt/winvirus. Oops. ##vote winvirus

I protected you and exakt alternating nights.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Oh yeah you did claim it

Well

Why would you pick those instead of yourself lol. So you're saying you thought I was town up until I claimed doc?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I was told I couldn't self-protect or protect the same target twice in a row. It was hard to get reads in a game where no one was playing.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

See I didn't receive any restrictions like that at all, so my theory of two doctors is gone, and you are definitely, 100%, absolutely S C U M

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

my flavor, also, is "lurker", and i win when scum are dead, and i am town, and a doctor. hello

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
my flavor is a newbie who can heal the calloused hearts of veterans with my fresh-faced enthusiasm. i tried to protect myself night 1 and was told i couldn't self-target etc.

why would you even consider TWO DOCTORS in this game? especially if you thought the doctor had absolutely zero restrictions? why would that be something that you, winvirus, might think? what about this simple setup would indicate that extreme outlier possibility?

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

i've seent it before. i've seent it

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

my flavor is a newbie who can heal the calloused hearts of veterans with my fresh-faced enthusiasm. i tried to protect myself night 1 and was told i couldn't self-target etc.

why would you even consider TWO DOCTORS in this game? especially if you thought the doctor had absolutely zero restrictions? why would that be something that you, winvirus, might think? what about this simple setup would indicate that extreme outlier possibility?

also wow that sure is high effort flavor for a low effort game

seriously what makes more sense

"lurker"

or

"NEWBIE WHO CAN HEAL THE CALLOUSED HEARTS OF VETS"

literally my flavor says it doesn't even know how lurker ties to doctor but well go for it

so i think you're full of it

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I deleted my pm at some point so I can't confirm but the flavor was short and definitely had something to that effect. Why are you arguing the semantics of private game information when you should know implicitly from my claim that I am lying?

do me a favor tho and fill in these boxes

games where the town had two doctors(probably not games with 12 players but w/e) - []
games where the town did not have two doctors - []

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

*I* know you're lying
*they* do not, i'm not trying to convince you
i'm trying to convince the rest of the town

and cute little form, yeah it doesn't happen often but it has happened, so

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
so your assumption was the thing that i've maybe seen five times across entirely too many mafia games happened instead of me 'fakeclaiming?' sorry to scarequotes but drat dude this just doesn't make any sense, esp. with your manufactured total lack of power restrictions which are atypical of the role.

you're doing that thing you do where you coast until lylo and then your posting turbines spin up and I haaaaaate it. it's like arguing with a ghost(speaking from experience here).

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Why is this game not over? Even if you haven't been paying attention at all, it's a decision you could make by coinflip.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
if we lose, whatever.

##vote winvirus

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
somber if it's you I'm going to really annoyed.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

I literally tossed out the two doctor thing as a throwaway comment of a "possibility" and you're seriously lambasting it as if I tried to make it seem like loving fact and won't stop harping on it. It was a possibility. It is no longer a possibility. Stop using it to prop up your bullshit. Your scum team's already won anyway if exakt's vote is anything to go by. GG

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

EXAKT Science posted:

somber if it's you I'm going to really annoyed.

Get ready to be really annoyed

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

winvirus posted:

I literally tossed out the two doctor thing as a throwaway comment of a "possibility" and you're seriously lambasting it as if I tried to make it seem like loving fact and won't stop harping on it. It was a possibility. It is no longer a possibility. Stop using it to prop up your bullshit. Your scum team's already won anyway if exakt's vote is anything to go by. GG

no dude, you're the one who keeps bringing it up! this was just a little while ago.

winvirus posted:

See I didn't receive any restrictions like that at all, so my theory of two doctors is gone, and you are definitely, 100%, absolutely S C U M

winvirus posted:

Get ready to be really annoyed

that is nothing compared to how cross i would be after losing while pushing my second scum lynch this game. you didn't care enough to try and help avoid a no-lynch day one and i cannot remember a single post of yours before this gameday. why are you pretending like you're so invested now?

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

It's hard to not be invested when someone is literally and actually calling you a liar and claiming they have your role. Investment status: locked in

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Let's kill the winvirus please ##vote winvirus

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
And that's the hammer...

winvirus posted:

fart

Exakt Science posted:

fart

rarity posted:

fart

THE MOD posted:

Oh you fuckers wanna gas up the thread, yeah ok...
THE THREAD HAS BEEN GASSED

Winvirus, town doctor, Exakt Science, one-shot town vig, and Rarity, vanilla town have been end-gamed. YPM, scum godfather, and somberbrero, scum goon, WIN.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:mad:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Here's the scum-doc:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ODjZxowI5ltoUA6AIzfnYpeTKGEJ6tDBGBa5FENopL0/edit#gid=0

Thanks guys, especially to Exakt Science and Somberbrero who were the respective MVPs of their teams imo. I did indeed gently caress up winvirus's role and give him literally no restrictions, whoops my bad.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Thanks for running this Punt, I had a good time even if people took the name way too literally.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

boy howdy i sure hate to say i told you so but well

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

winvirus posted:

boy howdy i sure hate to say i told you so but well

Well you should have photoshopped some cartoons yourself.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Why did you guys kill me, I wanted to be friends!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would have voted winvirus there in the end. Mainly because the unrestricted ability to protect himself sounded very fishy.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Why did you guys kill me, I wanted to be friends!

I didn't want to kill you but I was busy dealing with Snowbound and my inbox was full. I was trying to kill off lurkers so we could actually play the game.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Auuuugggggh I wanted to vote somber as soon as he hit me with that shitvote, but there was rarely/never any momentum going that way, and I can't make a case to save my life.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Pmach you had good instincts, just a couple super scummy posts.

It was pretty funny when two scums were at 4 votes day one.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
remember when I shot a logic hole the size of the grand canyon in somber's posts day 1 and then he killed me for it? me too, jerk

nice job you two

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Somberbrero posted:

Pmach you had good instincts, just a couple super scummy posts.

It was pretty funny when two scums were at 4 votes day one.

Yeah, you know, that got me bitter when I started in on this mafia thing, but I think I've finally learned how to let go and let myself get lynched as town. Figuring out what makes me look scummy would be cool though. I'll point to the very end of fan fiction; Capps absolutely nailed me.

That said, winning would be cool.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I was the best terrible player.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Also I kept forgetting I was scum in this game.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Your Personal Muse posted:

Also I kept forgetting I was scum in this game.

the best way to play godfather.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Yeah that was a lot of fun. I wish I had had the courage of my convictions a bit, but I'm glad my scummy read on somber wasn't just paranoia. Big apologies to win and rarity for my getting us endgamed, and to PMach for my lovely vig. I probably would have gone back to somber if I had thought about it a bit more critically, but election day hit me pretty hard, so I wasn't feeling like exerting the effort.

EXAKT Science fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 5, 2014

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Godammit did you guys lose the game when I wasn't even around?

:ughh:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

yay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I had Somber pegged this whole drat game and YPM from day 3 ughhhhhhhh

• Locked thread