Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Its on sale on PSN for like 14 bucks, plus all the DLC included, seems like a good deal to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
Resident Evil poo poo.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

everyone tells me it's bad, but then i see gifs and gameplay and it looks like RE5 on crack+steroids

is it still forced AI co-op?

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
Yes op

if you like bad games

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

gently caress the story, play Mercenaries forever

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Yes resident evil 6 owns balls, just spend some time getting acquainted with all the dodges and melee you can do

Seriously it owns

The ai is completely unobtrusive as opposed to re 5 and its resident evil on crack which is excellent

Don't play Chris' campaign first

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Only play RE6 if you have a friend. w/o lol no. no no.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

agent hunt was awesome poo poo when you were fighting like three dudes at once while completing the mission's actual objectives and you could think of yourself as this amazing loving badass but I sincerely doubt anything like that is happening anymore

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

no

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

One of my friends has said it is a fun, but bad, game.

Others have said it is outright terrible.

I haven't played it myself. Farewell.

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

Evil Eagle posted:

Only play RE6 if you have a friend. w/o lol no. no no.

this. it's not a good game, but it's fun co-op(mostly because everything is fun co-op)

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Yeah I heard it was bad too, but what makes it so bad? I could probably get one of my friends to play it with me too, we've been playing EDF 2025 over a couple of weeks, I'm sure he would dig it. I have a high tolerance for bad games( borderlands, deadly premonition, destiny) but as long as it's fun I don't mind.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
It was fun co-op but I would not have played it alone. Not as good as RE5 though. Chris + Piers section is pretty good especially if you play Piers.

It does not have a Chris + Leon team-up section and that makes it a bad game

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
get re4 instead

if you already own re4, replay it

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case

Psycobladder posted:

Yeah I heard it was bad too, but what makes it so bad? I could probably get one of my friends to play it with me too, we've been playing EDF 2025 over a couple of weeks, I'm sure he would dig it. I have a high tolerance for bad games( borderlands, deadly premonition, destiny) but as long as it's fun I don't mind.

The gameplay itself is fun enough but someone had a giant hardon for dumb setpiece poo poo so 50% of your time playing is spent in some kind of SEQUENCE

And there's only like one boss that isn't super lame

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

darealkooky posted:

get re4 instead

if you already own re4, replay it

is there a mouse fix for re4 HD that makes it not-poo poo and control like re5?

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
The last chapter of the game was also single player and only later jury-rigged coop into it. Which mostly worked but felt kind of lame as the coop player since your dude basically didn't exist for what was going on in the game.

e; also I think Chris is more normal sized in this game and does not fight a boulder which was a poor design decision imo

e2; I remember a bunch of the boss fights being frustrating because they don't give you good indicators for when you can't hurt them so you wind up out of ammo real fast during boss fights

Orthodox Rabbit fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Oct 22, 2014

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I picked up Code Veronica on PSN the other day for $5.99 and that's an actual confirmed good game, so go with that.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

resident evil 4 was like a perfect video game and theres such extreme attention to detail and all sorts of things going on in the background (the game keeping track of your hit ratio to determine boss health levels/loot rates and other little things) and then RE5 was okay if you could play it with a friend and re6 is even worse.

i dont understand what happened to capcom

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Is the wii version of re4 good?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

SarutosZero posted:

it's the best version by miles

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Bobnumerotres posted:

Cool thanks my gf wanted to watch me play it but I don't own any versions of re4 so I will get that one.

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case

Bobnumerotres posted:

i dont understand what happened to capcom

all their talent jumped ship because they kept making f*cktarded decisions and then they made some more

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
RE6 mercs is worth the price of admission

i like the story though, it's retarded but it's a capcom game what do you expect

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Being hunted by incoherent high dudes was pretty fun. But, otherwise, it's kind of a slog.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
play w/ a friend and get melee upgrades and just ruin dudes in hand to hand and parry all the time until you're against nothing but crazy mutating south americans w/ assault rifles

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Bobnumerotres posted:

that'd be the steam version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
5 and 6 both own with a friend and 4 is a v watchable game

SarutosZero posted:

yeah but it's real easy thanks to wiimotes being the pragmatic ideal of a shooting controller

• Locked thread