Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I would like to play more mafia, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Is this still happening?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Holy poo poo lots of posts here :stare:

Sorry for not confirming earlier, I wasn't at my computer. Orange you all glad I came back?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Earlier someone said that everybody should roleclaim now, what's the consensus on whether this helps town or not? I'm too scrubby to really know the difference :v:

Also Met, I'm loving the new av.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Met posted:

Thanks!

Scum would just lie and use their roles more effectively knowing what our roles are. I assume some townie roles would benefit from not being known as well.

Hmmm I see. I found the post I was talking about.

Somberbrero posted:

is there any reason not to immediately massclaim?

Somber can you explain your reasoning here?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Also, what's to stop town with useful power roles from lying about those as well? There probably isn't a town doctor, because it's a useless role for us, and with a closed setup, there's no knowing what roles the town players have, aside from the NK we all get.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
yeah this game looks like purestrain mafia and I am super excited to see where things go over the next few days.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I am way overthinking everything and it's beautiful and invigorating.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
The biggest problem I see with that plan is that it also fails if we have one scum targeting the two others, or two scum each targeting the remaining scum. I still think it's the best option presented so far, but being aware of potential failings is important. I think that coordinating daytime power roles as best as we can is going to be key as well. We don't know how many cops we have, but it probably isn't more than one, as that would be pretty heavily in town's favor, unless there's a godfather or something similar.

I'm also curious what sort of information can be gleaned from our flavor, and if there are any common themes. There may actually be a third-party that's flavored as Quentin Tarantino himself who would actually win if everybody dies. Of course, that may have been a plush joke, but it's certainly something to consider.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

EXAKT Science posted:

The biggest problem I see with that plan is that it also fails if we have one scum targeting the two others, or two scum each targeting the remaining scum. I still think it's the best option presented so far, but being aware of potential failings is important. I think that coordinating daytime power roles as best as we can is going to be key as well. We don't know how many cops we have, but it probably isn't more than one, as that would be pretty heavily in town's favor, unless there's a godfather or something similar.

I'm also curious what sort of information can be gleaned from our flavor, and if there are any common themes. There may actually be a third-party that's flavored as Quentin Tarantino himself who would actually win if everybody dies. Of course, that may have been a plush joke, but it's certainly something to consider.

mafia edit: that should be "pmush joke." Stupid phoneposting autocorrect :v:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I'm guessing there are probably three scum, plus at least one third party player. With our info-lynch, and assuming we have a cop, we have a decent chance of outing at least one of them, so long as we're smart.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Somberbrero posted:

3p doesn't make much sense to me in a game like this. Any reason you're considering the possibility?

I thought PMush had hinted at it in his posts, but it looks like I had misread. When I first checked the thread after PMs got sent, I admittedly skimmed it. I'm not entirely convinced there isn't some sort of 3p, as it could gently caress with people with investigative roles. There might also be some weird 3p with a weird wincon; PMush's crack about how if everyone ended up dead, Quentin Tarantino wins was more than likely a joke, but this game is off the wall enough that I'm not willing to completely discount the possibility.

Why are you so convinced that EP isn't scum?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
You said that he was clean when this:

Epsilon Plus posted:

the mafia disease known as "friendship"

was the only post he had made other than his sign-up and confirm posts. I fail to see how that's any indication of his alignment, unless you have access to OoT information.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Somberbrero posted:

I literally have The Shining but only when it comes to Epsilon's alignment.

It might also be that you're scum and are latching on to a townie. Or that you two are scumbuddies, but that seems a bit brazen. Then again, maybe you're the 3p, which could explain your skepticism of there being one in the game. I don't know, but several of your posts have thrown up some red flags for me.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
It could be that Somber and EP are linked somehow. I think it's more likely that Somber is scum, but that doesn't necessarily negate a link between them either.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
If we can get a scum flip with the lynch, then we have a good chance of winning, even moreso if our cop(s?) gets a hit. Does anyone have any decent reads on potential scum yet?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
There are a lot of lurkers. What are you thinking, Somber? That the people with <10 posts are the most likely scum?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I am town also

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

MildManeredManikin posted:

You don't think more people doing this is useful? But also, basically.

For real, what's the worst that can happen? Scum lie about being town and we're exactly where we were before MMM's post.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Rarity posted:

Wait, are we serious about this?

I am town.

What's the worst that could happen?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Tremendous Taste posted:

be specific then
TT you're being awfully evasive, lol. What's the worst that could happen if you made an "I am town" post?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I'm Mister Orange from Reservoir Dogs, and, in keeping with that character, am also a cop. Mills is scum.

##vote somber

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Tremendous Taste posted:

exakt how did you cop him in the day

Because I'm a daycop. Having a nightcop in this game would be useless. If y'all want to switch to me, I'd be alright with it and will switch my vote if need be. Remember that we only need a plurality here.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Hal? MMM? EP? Anybody else want to switch?

##vote EXAKT Science

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Tremendous Taste posted:

wait how would a nightcop be useless?

you cop then you either shoot or not

That's true, I hadn't thought of that. However, this way is more useful to us as town. If you want to confirm both me as town and Mills as scum, vote me.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
My name's spelled with a k, not a c, pmom. I don't think votefinder caught your vote.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Oh, there it is. :D

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Met posted:

No Mafia were killed.

I don't think it would have mattered for this particular game, but next time I don't thing the Mafia should have any power roles other than their kill.

I didn't follow the plan, by the way. I shot MMM instead. :negative:

Also, suck it, EXACT Science. Paranoid Gun Owner, woo! I had no idea how I would use the role to my advantage. I could have claimed something that would make me a priority to be killed by the Mafia but I didn't want to risk too many townies thinking I was full of poo poo and aiming for me so I opted to not say anything about it instead and treated myself like a Vanilla.
Yeah I shot at you because of the two possible targets I had in MMM's big post, you seemed scummier to me than TT. In retrospect, definitely should have shot at Mills, haha.
PMush that was fun as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Mills posted:

Also i would rework some of the roles. You can't call it a one day mafia with all it's implications then shoe horn in a day cop.

I have no idea why the day cop investigated me either when Taste was a shoe-in to shoot me, especially after I asked him to.

Because I am bad at mafia, mostly.

• Locked thread