Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

quote:

Hi-Rez has been the focus of major criticism from gaming communities, mostly regarding Tribes: Ascend and Global Agenda. While the videogames themselves were typically praised,[17] the long-term upkeep of both games by the company is often cited as a major failing point.[18] Hi-Rez Studios has announced they are not doing future updates for either Tribes: Ascend or Global Agenda; however, the company planned to maintain active servers and customer support for both video-games.[19] Yet these claims come after many months of server instability and stating that Tribes: Ascend would receive mapping tools, to this day the servers outside of Smite remain in disarray and the company has gone silent on Tribes as a whole.

On August 6th 2013, Hi-Rez took down the company forums with less than 24 hours notice, stating social media platforms would become the substitute despite not controlling certain communities or informing their moderators. [20] [21] The original post cannot be found on any of their developer blogs, but is quoted widely. In removing their forums, Hi-Rez erased many public criticisms on a variety of subjects such as game balance, poor network performance, and lack of support. However, an incomplete backup was created and uploaded by users.[22]

CEO Erez Goren was banned from Reddit on September 24th, 2014. In an attempt to create excitement for an upcoming sequel of Global Agenda, Goren broke one of the 5 key rules of the site by asking users to upvote his thread.[23] This was soon reported by users which resulted in his shadowban from the website, making his posts inaccessible to all users.

I wonder how bad global agenda 2 is going to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I don't know what all that lame word stuff was in your post, but GA2 is going to own

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i was extremely mad with how bad the original global agenda was, op. i was thinking it was going to be the next planetside, before they announced planetside 2. also, i eat turds shaped like dicks.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
Gonna come clean and admit I don't actually have any clue what Global Agenda is, and I did in fact read the entirety of the op

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

global agenda was going to be planetside, turned into a 10v10 game, had talent trees ala wow, 4 classes, was broken as poo poo, and worthless guild vrs guild

their first expansion was a pve thing

their second expansion was f2p changes which sucked rear end

then hi-rez went off to make smite and tribes and not really support anything once they got a new game

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

also global agenda 2 is going to support esports

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
Oh, okay. Global Agenda 2 will actually be very bad then. Thanks op

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

kind of imagine mechwarrior online before there was a mechwarrior online and you've got global agenda

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if you don't know what mechwarrior online is then just imagine "oh gently caress that cowcaster is a weird nerd dipshit"

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I'm gonna laugh if they straight up abandon Smite for GA2 like they did with GA & Tribes.

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Oct 22, 2014

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
The official hirez tribes servers have this slowly compounding delay on map load time that has been building up over months resulting in 5 minutes to load the next map. New player rented servers don't have this problem.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

was the hirez tribes anything? i thought it was such complete poo poo it firebombed out of existence

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I am so excited to see this come out just to see how bad it is

they closed their own forums because they wanted to move to only social media

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

like after global agenda i was all "holy poo poo they're just going to make global agenda: tribes edition" and a bunch of hot girls standing around me as I said that tore off my clothes and had sex with me until they (and I) all came

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Third World Reggin posted:

i'm deleting your post as a something awful forums admin because it makes my two posts flow better

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Cowcaster posted:

was the hirez tribes anything? i thought it was such complete poo poo it firebombed out of existence

the players groaned at hirez until they made it playable. it was decent then, but hirez noped the gently caress out on any further support because of smite. it would have been a sweet esports game to watch

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Lamebot posted:

the players groaned at hirez until they made it playable. it was decent then, but hirez noped the gently caress out on any further support because of smite.

so... like mechwarrior online

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
i play it still because all the players who are still hanging on are good so it makes for fun games. if people still played tribes 2 next multiplayer and that game didn't screech static at me randomly i'd be playing that.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

global agenda 1 is free to play should i go play it and regret it

or just firefall, i dunno they are both bad and have jetpacks

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

it was fun but they never gave a poo poo about balance or fixing bugs and as soon as their dota came out they forgot tribes existed

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

global agenda 1 is free to play should i go play it and regret it

or just firefall, i dunno they are both bad and have jetpacks

imagine if blizzard decided to mod in a "team fortress 2" mode into world of warcraft. that's global agenda 1

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

homeless snail posted:

it was fun but they never gave a poo poo about balance or fixing bugs and as soon as their dota came out they forgot tribes existed

*heavy flies 5 feet off ground and is immediately gunned down by 15 assault rifles*

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
The shrike has gimbal lock but the spectator cam doesnt.

the mortar used to brake after a certain distance and not follow newtonian physics.

all the new weapons were broken until everyone bought them and wham! they got nerfed.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

so much easier to block people on twitter and facebook than having to maintain a load of angry fans in a forum

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

ahaha i forgot the hi rez guys hated fantasy games, put in fantasy hats in for people, then made a fantasy moba

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Uh Oh, hope The Quake doesn't catch wind of this.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

hahah

just look at that

god it has been so long I forgot how bad it was

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Lamebot posted:

The shrike has gimbal lock but the spectator cam doesnt.

the mortar used to brake after a certain distance and not follow newtonian physics.

all the new weapons were broken until everyone bought them and wham! they got nerfed.

Jetpacks were, are and will always have hosed up physics.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

qnqnx posted:

Jetpacks were, are and will always have hosed up physics.

oh god i forgot. i just have it ingrained in me to alternate a & d or w & s every second for max upward thrust

when the community made sdk comes out the creators will be sent a cease and desist immediately because its gonna let you bypass rental to make a server.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
maybe they'll give up on this one immediately. that would be a refreshing change

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

after they abandoned Tribes for no real reason there is no way in gently caress i'm ever playing another hi-rez game

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I had high hopes for global agenda. :(

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Tribes killed Global Agenda
Smite killed Tribes

sorry Smite fans but it looks like your time is...up

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

i was extremely mad with how bad the original global agenda was, op. i was thinking it was going to be the next planetside, before they announced planetside 2. also, i eat turds shaped like dicks.

It was good in the beta, but then they hosed it up really badly around the time of the actual release, and kept loving it even worse as time went on

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
hirez is pretty good at embittering its audience.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

don't know if hi rez or pgi is worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

fadam posted:

Tribes killed Global Agenda
Smite killed Tribes

sorry Smite fans but it looks like your time is...up

Probably, but it's possible that they get enough cash flow from smite to support more than one team now.

Also global agenda killed global agenda. It was just a bad game and I don't think anybody was upset about its demise.

• Locked thread