Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Playing the new Borderlands has me on a bit of a nostalgia kick. I see that Borderlands 1 is finally playable multiplayer over steam instead of the lovely and now defunct GameSpy; would anyone be interested in getting together a semi regular game or just loving around in it?

I remember having to wrestle with GameSpy back when this first came out and I'm glad it's gone. Might have IRL friends pop in and out and you would be welcome to bring yours as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The game just is bad compared to the later ones so I have no interest, OP. Sorry.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
sure

i actually like bl1 more than bl2 because it doesn't have the massive upward power curve bl2 did at high levels

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I will install it, although I never beat 2 and should do that someday

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
I would be down, but unfortunately my computer will not run it. Goonspeed OP.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Wormskull posted:

The game just is bad compared to the later ones so I have no interest, OP. Sorry.

If you ever want to play the later ones lemme know; it's definitely missing some quality of life stuff they added.

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

I will install it, although I never beat 2 and should do that someday

That can be done easily.

Glad to see the interest!

Gaming with friends is fun.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

BL1 has a better gun parts system, imo

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
id be up to play tonite if you are btw

Senior Management
Jul 3, 2011

man I remember installing tungle to multiplayer because gamespy was so bad. Game was fun though. I lost my save file and I ain't redoing all of that.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

good luck on your gaming quest, gamer

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

sure i guess

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
I got borderlands for Xbox, I would be down to play it as well.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i dont want to play Borderlands 1 again OP. sorry

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
borderlands 1 inventory system is great, but the snipers are awful thanks to enemies hearing the shot before the bullet reaches them and moving half the time :(

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I'll download it, I'd be around after 8-9pm est probably

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I'll.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Id be down for this

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
my steam is sword_man.gif add me if you would be up for this

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007
Is this game available for cheap?? If so I will join in

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
bl1 is the only good borderlands

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I kind of want to have beaten Borderlands but that would mean actually playing it and not quitting out of boredom.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Just reinstalled. Are we still doing this tonight

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Sure! I can probably at like 830-9 ish central time this evening when I get back from dinner with friends.

Dinner with IRL friends then gaming with online friends is pretty loving awesome.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'd rather shoot myself in the anus with an elephant gun, than play Snorederlands One.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

What I'm trying to say is that dinner friends and gaming are all very Imp Zone and awesome.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Widestancer posted:

Sure! I can probably at like 830-9 ish central time this evening when I get back from dinner with friends.

Dinner with IRL friends then gaming with online friends is pretty loving awesome.

send me a Steam Message and i will join, at that time

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'd rather shoot myself in the anus with an elephant gun, than play Snorederlands One.

That would be one hell of a gib and I can respect your willingness to do so.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

sword_man.gif posted:

send me a Steam Message and i will join, at that time

same

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

VideoGames posted:

borderlands 1 inventory system is great, but the snipers are awful thanks to enemies hearing the shot before the bullet reaches them and moving half the time :(

uhhh the sniper was the best class in that game by a few thousand miles lmao

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

bl1 is the only good borderlands

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I like Borderlands 1 more than 2 because Borderlands 1 guns are fun.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

qnqnx posted:

BL1 has a better gun parts system, imo

It has better everything, but especially better gun parts and gun gameplay

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

uhhh the sniper was the best class in that game by a few thousand miles lmao

gunslinger mordecai with a double thanatos is one of the most OP things i've ever seen in a borderlands game.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

AHungryRobot posted:

gunslinger mordecai with a double thanatos is one of the most OP things i've ever seen in a borderlands game.

i dont remember specifically what the double thanatos is, but at the end of the day a Masher pistol with mordecai is all you really need to accomplish anything your heart desires

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

i dont remember specifically what the double thanatos is, but at the end of the day a Masher with mordecai is all you really need to accomplish anything your heart desires

legendary repeater with a gigantic clip that fires two bullets at once. crazy good with certain skills. and yes mashers are a great choice too.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
Bl1 the shooter where bullets travel slower than sound

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

koolkal posted:

Bl1 the shooter where bullets travel slower than sound

there was a specific type of repeater, I forget the name but it had stats so high they seemed like a weapon-generation glitch, but the downside was that the bullets were almost slow enough to outrun. And hell that thing mega owned on Mordecai as well.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

there was a specific type of repeater, I forget the name but it had stats so high they seemed like a weapon-generation glitch, but the downside was that the bullets were almost slow enough to outrun. And hell that thing mega owned on Mordecai as well.

this thing? http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Stalker_%28Borderlands%29

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Naah, it wasn't any named special thing, even though it did have a specific name thanks to the way the procedural gun generation worked.

It could be green or blue or purple since it was just a normal generated gun, I found like 4 of them total but only one that was high enough level to be worth using at endgame. They tended to have like 70-ish accuracy, a fire rate of 22-24, and the bullet damage of a power single-shot pistol of similar level. And the bullets moved insanely slowly but it would absolutely shred everything it touched, so combined with the low-ish accuracy it was the ideal close-range area-clearing spray weapon

lesbian baphomet fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Oct 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
i think that's the 'twisted' affix. it boosts a gun's damage a lot but makes it fire slow bullets in a corkscrew pattern.

• Locked thread