Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

DirtyCheeseburgers posted:

Stating the obvious here but The Woods is a real noisey fucker of an album. Great stuff.

no kidding, but i suppose 2005 was about the peak of the loud mixing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

the new album is kind of like if you flipped the woods around and had it be pop with distortion instead of distortion with pop, so i think they managed to pull it off. i feel there's a lot of prog rock influences, bury our friends sounds like they were listening to jethro tull when they came up with the bassline

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

Happy Hippo posted:

Sleater-Kinney has no bass. The gypsies have no homes, and Sleater-Kinney has no bass. But don't let that frighten you, my man, let that liberate you. After all, what do you need a safety net for when you're high-flyin' with Sleater-Kinney? Viva Sleater-Kinney!

well, baritone guitar that's effectively a bassline. it does sound a lot more bassy on this album

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

CRINDY posted:

had never really listened to sleater-kinney before "bury our friends" was released but good lord I've burned through "no cities to love" three times today and it keeps getting better. where do I go from here? listened to "dig me out" and loved it. i love "the fox" off "the woods" but i wasn't feeling the rest of the album as much

just go from call the doctor upwards, they make more sense if you listen to them progress by each successive album

• Locked thread