Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Yeah but the compression there is coming from the sheer amount of distortion on everything (including the drums), not someone cranking a Waves limiter to get that consistent pop radio sheen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

ThePutty posted:

the new album is kind of like if you flipped the woods around and had it be pop with distortion instead of distortion with pop, so i think they managed to pull it off. i feel there's a lot of prog rock influences, bury our friends sounds like they were listening to jethro tull when they came up with the bassline

Feels like the opposite to me, The Woods has a lot of pop songs like earlier albums, just turned up with more grit and bombast. I've only listened to this one once so far, but it sounds a lot more raw and angular - there's pop hooks in there for sure, but on top of something edgier and more punk.

I was pretty surprised how different everyone's voices were! I know Carrie was doing something different with Wild Flag, but Corin's voice sounds a lot lower too. It's hard to pick out who's singing sometimes

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

A couple years back I had an itching for more poo poo like Sleater-Kinney (about a year after the Wild Flag album dropped) and discovered Screaming Females, and it was good. I was kinda hoping for Screamales as the opener, actually. Lizzo was great and I wouldn't trade her for anyone, but oh come the gently caress on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TmKvkndndQ
tell me it wouldn't be a perfect pairing

Hey thanks for posting this, I knew their song from Rocksmith but it got a bit lost in all there and I didn't give it a lot of attention, but now I know they're really loving good and I'm learning that song :allears: Marissa is a badass and a lot of their songs would be a good fit for an SK gig without scaring people too much

• Locked thread