Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
And romance the necros, what are good games to have skele buddies in

NO GENERALIST WIZARDS THAT HAPPEN TO RAISE SKELETONS SOMETIMES I NEED A TRUE NECRO EXPERIENCE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

That's great, WanderingMinstrel I

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Every girl needs a dream.

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

Every girl needs a dream.

im just glad you beleive in yourself. I wish you all the best, friend of the family

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i want to be an eromancer

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

GelatinSkeleton posted:

im just glad you beleive in yourself. I wish you all the best, friend of the family

Someday, me and my skele buddies will be able to go frolic in the park as others do, until then I guess I'll just play diablo2.

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

Someday, me and my skele buddies will be able to go frolic in the park as others do, until then I guess I'll just play diablo2.

are you serious? about diablo 2???? DIABLOW 2 is the best game of all gtimw, holy shuit, i've got 14 years of ol D2 under muv belt hee hee

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVnnwoMeKOQ

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
What's the best game to necro, tho?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
You can make really good necromancers in Path of Exile. Proper undead army that tears poo poo apart for you, not some piddly single skeleton that just tanks a bit of damage.

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

Solid Poopsnake posted:

What's the best game to necro, tho?

diablo 2

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

The heroes of might and magic series isn't terrible, but I'd rather run around with my skele's than castle build sometimes. Also I can't get the multiplayer to work in 3 so I've stopped playing for now

Hawaiian Shirt
Oct 10, 2006

I barely even drink a lot
I def. remember reading in health class that it's normal to want to be a necromancer

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Magicka: The Other Side of the Coin let's you play as a necromancer

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

I used to play one in Guild Wars, they were pretty fun

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Become a forums necromancer and bump old treads

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

A Meat posted:

I used to play one in Guild Wars, they were pretty fun

They're not as much fun in gw2, and you can't explode corpses, so they're pretty pointless as a class.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
i tried to make a necromancer in skyrim but it was lame. i guess you can sick an undead sabre cat on some bandits or w/e

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Abandon posted:

i tried to make a necromancer in skyrim but it was lame. i guess you can sick an undead sabre cat on some bandits or w/e

There are mods to remove undead follower limits. Resurrect everything you kill with Dead Thrall, it only disappears when it dies. Reign supreme with your Draugr Army.

Hell, there's also mods that make your zombie followers not disintegrate on death, so you can just keep reviving them.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Its conversations like this that led to a group of us red texting Madscientistworking.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

But then I took a skeleton to the knee! Lmao

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

skeleton reporting in for necromancer friend army

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

diablo 2 and classic everquest 1 have my favorite necros. having a giant skeleton army and tossing curses around to help them out in d2 is awesome as long as you aren't fighting bosses, and eq1 necros are a very versatile, powerful, self sufficient class with a bunch of neat spells (plus i generally really like classes in rpgs that use both health and mana as a single, fluid resource)

guild wars 1 necros were pretty rad in the early days when there was no limit to the number of minions you could make. you had 7 party members to get the train rolling by making the first few groups of enemies into corpses, then the necro started to snowball out of control to the point where he'd basically be soloing the mission, which required a significant amount of concentration to do. entire screen would be nothing but undead. they aren't like that anymore though because that's kinda lame for the non-necros in the party

honorable mention to the WoW burning crusade affliction warlock, who wasn't technically a necromancer but it was pretty close and was really, really fun. taking on 3 other players at once was usually trivial with all the fear/dot spam and ability to generate almost infinite resources by stealing health from enemies and mana from your pet, and all of that crowd control gave you plenty of time to do it

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's not first person but the Dominions strategy games allow for necromancy on a massive scale. Skeleton armiess, hosts of insubstantial ghosts and malevolent shadows, eventually nazgul-like wraith lords and worldwide curses like the Burden of Time that drives all the living into old age are just a few of the things death magic is capable of in those games.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Being a necromancer is just the first step towards being a Lich, aka an ultimate goonlord

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I put summon skeletons summon skeleton archers summon zombies and a second different level of summon zombies on my pet in Torchlight 2 and now I have a necromancer crow flying around and selling my loot for me.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

i have the same problem. i want to be a necromancer with a big skeleton army but the only game that lets you do that is diablo 2. i hear other people name games like "everquest" and "guild wars" and i'm like ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
It's not exactly necromancy but Melting in Nuclear Throne has the ability to make corpses explode. Thats right you can kill a guy then use him to kill like 4 guys then used them to kill like 10 guys.

ZergRushing
Oct 1, 2004
My Dark Elf Necromancer in EverQuest was the Coolest.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Minorkos posted:

i have the same problem. i want to be a necromancer with a big skeleton army but the only game that lets you do that is diablo 2.

I legitimately miss this a lot

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

with flowers in my hair

Hawaiian Shirt
Oct 10, 2006

I barely even drink a lot
you can be a decent necromancer in path of exile, but that's only because it's diablo 2

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
uhh technically it's called 'ephebomancy'

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Are necromancers any fun in DCSS?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

unpatched, vanilla Diablo 2

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Fellis posted:

Being a necromancer is just the first step towards being a Lich, aka an ultimate goonlord

afaik the only game where you get to be a lich is mm7, but the only spell for undead minions is terrible and I've never used it. I may go back and do an all lich gimmick run though.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

14 years later diablo 2 is still the best

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Fellis posted:

Pretty sure Demiliches are the ultimate goonlords, how they neglect their physical bodies in favor of messing around on the higher planes, the magic equivalent of posting on the internet.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Well, first you go to college and get some kind of four-year degree, making sure to get good grades in Physics, Organic Chemistry, and Calc. Then, if you're lucky, you get into some fancy med school. Then you get a residency or two in pathology; best to try both forensic and epidemiological, just to get a well-rounded education. And then you can just become a coroner, which is the closest you will ever get to being a necromancer IRL.

Hope that helps, OP. Best of luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
op

get a giant cauldron in a basement and mix bleach and ammonia in it

then prop your self up in a wizard hat with a big book

given time someone will come check on you and someone will come check on them

then you become the necromancer

• Locked thread