Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
They were rather fun, especially the PVP mode. Sadly, it lasted for less than a year after Nintendo decided to remove the Wii/DS online servers. Kind of sad when I think about it.

Are there any games you liked playing online which are now abandoned/out of service?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Altitude

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Crimson Skies on the Xbox.

Chromehounds on the Xbox 360.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

there was an old microsoft game from the early 00's called allegiance which was a team-based spaceship game where you could dogfight in fighters or pilot a big ship with turret positions for other players. i only played the demo version, but it had a lot of the game's features in it and was fun. it was a fun game.

it's the kind of game where i imagine the hardcore fans keep it going on private servers and update it so that it is now totally impenetrable to anyone who hasn't played continuously for years. i am satisfied with my memories of that time long ago and feel no need to play it now

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Mercury Crusader posted:

Crimson Skies on the Xbox.

Chromehounds on the Xbox 360.

Chromehounds was loving amazing and I miss it like crazy.

I miss the PvP from the first Saints Row game. You'd load up a bunch of people in a hooptie and then whichever team could upgrade their car all the way first would win. It would lead to some crazy fights with cars spinning around each other and people firing out the windows at one another.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

there's a steam early access (lol) game that's apparently like chrome hounds 2.0 my friend bought it like 4 months ago it's probably dead with no updates by now RIP.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
The Last Story had multiplayer??

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Looper posted:

The Last Story had multiplayer??

Yep! PVP and Co-op online modes!

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Slur posted:

Yep! PVP and Co-op online modes!

what the gently caress, i never even tried them and didnt know they were there

also why doesnt nintendo just migrate wii and ds to steamworks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
if you're telling me it's actually possible to play as people other than the dipshit protag for more than five minnutes I'm gonna get real mad

• Locked thread