Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Swags
Dec 9, 2006
Rhul; Horgenhold Fort; Barracks

"It doesn't matter who you were, what you did, or where you came from. Now, from this moment 'til I say otherwise, you are my Irregulars. And boys, girls, and otherwise -- lookin' at you, ya gob -- I plan to fully regulate you. One year in, your crimes are forgiven. Two years in, dumb bolts like you might even become citizens of Rhul, good and proper-like, engraved on the stones in the Moot of a Hundred Houses for all to see. But you useless sacks of failure give me three years, three good years where you mind your manners and avoid my knuckles, and three good years where you manage not to die, and then -- AND ONLY THEN -- might you earn yerselves a proper last name and be proper sworn-in to a House.

Now go. Apply yer paint where ya must, requisition what ya need, but remember. This moment on, I own you. You do as I say, you speak when I tell you ta, and you look how I want you ta look. This ain't Khador, boys. Our Irregulars don't get to faff about, staying 'Other' while the rest of the boys get their heads knocked around. We'll get the worst jobs in the harshest terrains, but Gerhtgra the Blessed as my witness, you lot will survive, or die tryin' ta please me."
-- Auxilliary Irregular Leader, Commando Benjen 'Huffer' Steelshank.

Greetings all, and welcome to an Iron Kingdoms RPG game! I'm Swags, and I'll be attempting to DM you guys through this.

This game will begin in Rhul but take place all over the Iron Kingdoms. You'll be starting as 'Forgeborn,' essentially foreign (or disgraced native) members of the Searforge Commission who have joined up with that mercenary charter in order to gain permanent citizenship for the country of Rhul. The Commission will allow anyone who can make it to their fort in Horgenhold to join, provided they give a name (any name), sign affadavits of loyalty and liability (in that order) and then undergo a rigorous three week 'indoctrination period' (torture) to prove they aren't actually looking to spy or otherwise undermine the country. Those who survive, thrive, and make it through the program are considered to be forged in the fires of battle, and thus reborn whole and new. All who survive until their contract is over are guaranteed 'adoption' by one of the Hundred Great Houses in Rhul. So it isn't completely uncommon to see a non-criminal, non-noble or noble dwarf or ogrun of a lesser house undergo the Forging just to be guaranteed an status in a higher House.

Character Creation will be standard, except as follows:

Name: Your character has one name. You literally are not allowed to use your last name, and doing so is punishable by upwards of thirty lashes. This name does not have to be your birth name. The Commission will take whatever name you give them.
Race: All. Rhul will allow anyone that can survive the Forging to join. Again, note that dwarves and ogrun are unlikely, so your backstory must say why you are here.
Archetype: Any. People from all walks undergo the Forging.
Careers: Dwarves and Ogrun with the Field Marshal or Warcaster careers must take the Rhulic versions from No Quarter #49. Very little restriction is placed on other casters, but note: Dwarves care very, very little for those who are devotees of Thamar, and may kill any who endanger their own armies. Likewise, foreign warcasters are not forbidden, but you need a -drat- good story to be let in. They don't want to be in an all out war for allowing Caine or Severius to defect or something like that. However, if you're playing a defector from Menoth, or a Cygnaran who hates his country's decisions or something and has decided he wants to be a Rhulic Stormlance, that's fine. This is basically the French foreign legion in terms of their willingness to accept anyone. That said, please leave out the Doom Reavers, please. It just won't work.
Gear: You can have the gear your careers start with. Stormlances can start with their lances, etc. If you don't want to start with any of your normal equipment, 300gc worth of equipment will be provided for you. All equipment will be immediately enameled in Irregular colors, those being a light beige with a dark green stripe just off-center. Clothing, armor, weapons, warjacks, etc. It all gets painted. In addition, the group will receive one free light Rhulic warjack worth no more than 7,000gc.

Though you may have secrets from the other players if you're playing a runaway villain or something, assume during your torture session the Commission gets everything they want or need out of you, just to know what kind of person you are. Also, it sort of covers their rear end if you actually manage to survive, or commit any dastardly deeds while part of the group. The Torture rules for this game say something to the effect of, "You tell them literally everything," so while your group might not know who you are, the Commission does. If you want to keep it that much of a secret, you can PM me what you told the Commission.

You will all be part of the following Adventure Company

Auxiliary Irregulars
The Searforge Commission of Rhul has a little-known tradition for boosting its numbers in times when its mercenaries begin to get spread too thin: it offers Rhulic citizenship in exchange for a few measly years of service. As Rhul is often spoken of in fairy tale terms as a place of great wealth and privilege where the streets are paved in gold, many are only too happy to give up their lives for the risk of having it all. The fact that the Commission allows you to instantly have whatever record you might once have had expunged is often a calling for more nefarious sorts, as well.

Requirements: Any character can belong to the company. The company must include at least one character with the 'Jack Marshal ability or the Rhulic Warcaster career. Characters typically restricted to other countries are also available, but they must forswear said country. The party must pick a leader. Most typically, this is a Rhulic character, but not always. This character attains the rank of Spark and is considered the character 'in charge' of the group. Other members have the rank of 'Coal' (expendable), Smoke (annoying), or Boiler (hot-headed) as the Sarge pleases. Foreign characters in combat with an identified expat from their nation will tend to target that expat.

Benefits: The Company gains one free Rhulic light warjack of up to 7,000gc in cost. Everyone in the Company gains Connections: Searforge Commission, though any rolls related to that commision are made at a -1 per year they have remaining on their contract. The company will have regular missions where food, travel, lodging, and upkeep are paid for.

So there we go. You're going to be playing people who, for some reason, want to get away from the life they had and live in Rhul. You can explain why they're willing to go through the Forging in your post. I'll probably recruit for seven to ten days and then start the game soon thereafter. I'm looking for 4-6 characters.

Alpha Phoenix asked a few questions regarding power level and my theme when GMing, so let me answer those: 1) I don't care how powerful your character is. I care how interesting they are. And as 'Irregulars' you may be sent on an investigation into Griddenguard or a fight in the Bloodstone swamps with equal likelihood. 2) I like games like these, because I tend to give a few missions and see how people play, and then begin to build a plot around that. I literally have no advance plot built up, just so you know. So hopefully we can build one together.

Oh! Also: :siren:Posting Requirements::siren:
I expect a post from everyone in the game, including myself, at least ONCE EVERY 72 HOURS. If you can't put together a hundred words in three days, I honestly don't want you in the game, because I don't want to wait on you. Characters that haven't posted in more than a week without any sort of notice to me will be summarily killed and forgotten, because, again, I don't want to wait on you. I believe this is completely reasonable. Good posts have things that move forward the plot or the action. What this means is that if you're planning on a character who just sort of broods silently in the corner while having deep inner monologues, but never actually contributes to what's currently going on, you should probably plan for a different character who is actually interesting. Everyone should aim for good, plentiful posts! I definitely will.

If you guys have any questions, I'm around in synirc.net in #badwrongfun most of the time. I'll also be checking the thread often, and I have PMs. Let me know if you guys have any question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Definitely interested- will have to wait until I after I get off work to do something up, but right now thinking of an Ironhead, from NQ 52. Would that be okay?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I'll post something later, I'm lacking most of the no Quarters but I've got the printed books at home. See what I can scrounge up once I get back to them.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006

unseenlibrarian posted:

Definitely interested- will have to wait until I after I get off work to do something up, but right now thinking of an Ironhead, from NQ 52. Would that be okay?

Yeah, that sounds fine.

Kurieg posted:

I'll post something later, I'm lacking most of the no Quarters but I've got the printed books at home. See what I can scrounge up once I get back to them.

If you know of anything in one of the NQs that you might need, let me know and I'll see if I can find a scan.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Ihe only NQ I know about/have is the one with rules for Convergence characters which probably would not be that helpful. No worries, I've got a couple of Ideas forming I just have to refresh myself with the rules.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
Here's the big list o' printed stuff: here.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Yeah I was actually going to ask what got added in No Quarters, I know the Puglist was in one, and the Convergence stuff was in another, but wasn't sure what else got done. Not sure off hand if Rhulic stuff was in the base book or NQ.

Also would a Convergence character actually be okay? Kind of wanted to try someone who goes through that Clockwork Transcendence thing, though I don't think it is possible to start with that.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I would like to join if possible. My immediate instinct is to run a Trollblood character of some type, but I might try to branch out to say, a Llaelese gun mage or something. I'll put together a character over the weekend.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Hmm I see there is a new unarmed career, the Allegiant. Though it can't combine with the old Pugilist one, since that one is Trollkin and Ogrun only, also Allegiant has restrictions on what it can be combined with.

Now I am torn between making an Allegiant of some type and trying to go for Clockwork Transcendence to become a robot.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The full title of that class is Allegiant of the Order of the Fist. E.G. Of Menoth. I'm not sure that there's a way one of them would also be in the Convergence.

zephyr42
Apr 19, 2012
sounds interesting and fun, but I've never played in a play by post game before, so I would have no idea what to do to start.

as far as character ideas I've really wanted to play a paladin of the order of the wall. just gotta figure out why a paladin would leave Menoth

Swags
Dec 9, 2006

zephyr42 posted:

sounds interesting and fun, but I've never played in a play by post game before, so I would have no idea what to do to start.

as far as character ideas I've really wanted to play a paladin of the order of the wall. just gotta figure out why a paladin would leave Menoth

Don't look at it as him leaving "Menoth". Look at it as him leaving the Protectorate. They are an overwhelmingly severe sect of fanatics and maybe he just realized that they're completely bonkers. Lots of people with true faith have left their church when they realized their church is willing to do things like burn apostate children alive.

And yeah. There's no way to do an allegiant and a Cyrissite.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Well the Allegiant and the Cyrist were different ideas. But I am thinking I might go Allegiant, for one thing I don't see how a Cyrist can get their vessel in play if they are no where near their home. Not sure what to put on the Allegiant, but it could have a similar reason for why it is leaving the Protectorate but not actually Menoth.

Perhaps he and zephyr42 banded together when they both left after watching one too many atrocities by the organized church.

zephyr42
Apr 19, 2012

Ryuujin posted:

Well the Allegiant and the Cyrist were different ideas. But I am thinking I might go Allegiant, for one thing I don't see how a Cyrist can get their vessel in play if they are no where near their home. Not sure what to put on the Allegiant, but it could have a similar reason for why it is leaving the Protectorate but not actually Menoth.

Perhaps he and zephyr42 banded together when they both left after watching one too many atrocities by the organized church.

I could work with that, I was thinking for the paladin's background that he was up in the northern crusade where he met some menites that weren't as fanatical, and then saw some horrendous act that a scrutator or some such orchestrate to finally make him re-consider what he was doing and where to go with his life. Having a companion to travel with and discuss what has happened would be helpful for him for sure.

now I just need to think of a good second career. I was thinking investigator but to be quite honest I would suck at that, I couldn't catch a clue or a hint to save my life.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Blythe the Allegiant of the Order of the Fist

There are many reasons to dislike, or even hate, the Cygnarans. The Menites went through a great deal of trouble and finally they had a land and society of their own. And Blythe was their fist. He is a faithful Menite, worshiping Menoth and serving the Protectorate for many years. And for the longest time he simply did as he was ordered. But he was not fanatical enough. He was too curious, too investigative. And he began to have doubts. Not about Menoth of course, but rather about the Protectorate. Yes the Menites needed freedom and safety. But the methods the Protectorate used, and the things Blythe had done under their orders, felt wrong to Blythe. Eventually he couldn't take it anymore and he fled. Some of his fellow members of the Order of the Fist had helped him to escape, as well as a few others of his faith that felt the Protectorate had perverted that faith gave him aid.

Eventually he found himself to the Rhulian Legion, and the Searforge Comission of Rhul. He wanted to forget. To forget all the terrible things he had done at the word of the Protectorate. To forget the perversion of his faith. To forget the friends and family he was forced to leave behind. And perhaps, just perhaps, he could find a new home for the Menite faith. A home where Menites could live right, and not follow the extremes of the Protectorate.

pre:
Blythe
Race: Human (Menite)
Archetype: Mighty
Careers:  Allegiant / Investigator
Level 1/ Xp Earned:   1/ 0
Faith: Menoth
Player Name: Ryuujin

Height / Weight:  5’6" /160 lbs
Defining Characteristics:

Character Portrait:

Damage Capacity
     [ ]
 [ ] [ ]    
 [ ] [ ]       [ ]       [ ]  
   [ ]       [ ]       [ ]    
   [ ]       [ ]       [ ]    

Current Feat Points:  1?

Stats:
Phyisique [SPD/STR]: 7 [6/5]
Agility [PRW/POI]: 3 [5/4]
Intellect [ARC/PER]: 3 [-/3]
Willpower (PHY + INT): 10
(+1 to PHY from Human, Starting increases STR, PHY, PRW)

Weapons:
Ranged:
Pistol | RAT:   5 | POW: 10
Rifle | Effective Range:  48 Ft (SP 8”) | Extreme Range:  240 feet
AtkMod:     0 | Special:  costs 2gc for blasting powder, bullets, and casing for five lights rounds

Melee:

DEF: 12 = 6(SPD) + 3(AGI) + 3(PER) 
ARM: 14 = 7(PHY) + 7(PHY Flesh of Steel)
INITIATIVE: 14 = 6(SPD) + 5(PRW) + 3(PER)
COMMAND RANGE: 3” = 3(INT) +0 (Command Skill) 

Skills:
Unarmed Combat(PRW): 1
Pistol(POI): 1

Detection(PER): 2
Forensic Science(INT):  1
Interrogation(INT):  1
Jumping(PHY): 1
Law(INT):  1
Medicine(INT):  1
Sneak(AGI): 2

Benefits & Abilities:
Exceptional Potential -- Gain +1 to PHY, AGL or INT before spending Advancement Points (Human)
Mighty -- gain an additional die on his melee damage rolls.
Feat:  Back Swing -- Once per turn, he can spend 1 feat point to gain 1 additional melee attack.
Hyper Perception -- His PER rolls are boosted.

Astute:  Can reroll failed Detection rolls.  Each failed roll can be rerolled only once as a result of Astute.
Flesh of Steel:  While unarmored double his PHY when determining his ARM.
Hardened Strike:  His kick and punch unarmed melee attack damage rolls are automatically boosted.  
At Veteral-level he gains an additional die on kick and punch unarmed melee attack damage rolls instead 
of automatically boosting them.
Shifting Sands Stance:  During his turn, he can forfeit his movement to use Shifting Sands Stance.  
He gains +2 DEF.  If an enemy attack misses him while he is affected by this stance and not advancing, 
after the attack is resolved he can immediately advance up to 3".  Shifting Sands Stance lasts for one round.

Spells:  (Fatigue: 0/0)

Gold:  80gc
Gear: 

Worn Armor:

Mechanika:

Connections:
Order of the Fist

Permanent Injuries:
Spoken Languages: Cygnar, Sulese, Khadoran
Religious Beliefs: Menoth
Notes:
pre:
Advancements
None yet

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Oct 26, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I'd also like to join. Not positive what I'd run (Fell Caller looks fun) though if no one is interested in playing a Dwarf warcaster I could do Warcaster/Noble - I like pairing Warcaster with non-combat career options to help balance out how bonkers Warcaster is in combat.

zephyr42
Apr 19, 2012
well, it's happening, the same thing that happens in every single RPG I ever play, I start making dozens of characters and I want to play them all. I'll for sure want to play but I think I'll hold off on setting a character in stone until I see what other people are making and come up with some cool synergy or fill gaps in party comp

Swags
Dec 9, 2006

Magres posted:

I'd also like to join. Not positive what I'd run (Fell Caller looks fun) though if no one is interested in playing a Dwarf warcaster I could do Warcaster/Noble - I like pairing Warcaster with non-combat career options to help balance out how bonkers Warcaster is in combat.

I also like pairing combat careers with non-combat careers. Honestly, dual-combat careers almost makes a character seem useless outside of a fight. Also, remember that there's a Searforge Commission Trade career if you wanted to go 'leader' but not 'noble.'

Also, I think Noble is restricted to human or something like that, but considering that the dwarven culture has outlived the human one by a long time, and that they're ruled by a democratic noble class, that's something you can blatantly ignore if you want to.

zephyr42 posted:

well, it's happening, the same thing that happens in every single RPG I ever play, I start making dozens of characters and I want to play them all. I'll for sure want to play but I think I'll hold off on setting a character in stone until I see what other people are making and come up with some cool synergy or fill gaps in party comp

Eh, at this point there's literally one character made, so you have a lot of space to work with. As far as party composite, I'm one of those GMs that thinks that it's always up to the party to overcome the party's drawbacks. So if there's no wizard or no ranged combatants, that's just something the party needs to think about ahead of time. I'd rather you played something you wanted instead of playing something the party needs.

Maybe just look at what kind of character would most want to become a Rhulic citizen.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Vengeant, Renegade Arcanist

The Iosans are a secretive people, even more so in recent times since the return of the Nyss. But there are some Elves who have lived outside the borders of Ios for generations, exiled for some minor crime or simply by choice. My parents were one such family, they lived so long in Cygnar that they even gave me a human name, and when I manifested a talent for the arcane arts they pulled some string and enrolled me in the Argent Acadamy as the only Iosan student. I was thrilled, my teachers were excelent and I had many friends amongst my human peers. Everything was amazing, I couldn't have been happier.

But then, one night, the men in white armor attacked. They were silent and quick, the only reason we knew there was an attack at all was one of the guards got lucky and managed to sound an alarm. I was huddled in the dorms with the other students when the door flew off it's hinges, revealing a mage hunter squad. I was too stunned to move, my classmate's spells did nothing as they fell one by one. And each one of them looked at me like I was a horrible monster, like I had betrayed them all.

And they were right. My parents weren't exiled, they were spies, I was placed in the acadamy as an advanced guard. Each and every letter I sent home went right into the waiting arms of the Retribution. I wasn't told the truth because that would make my cover all the more believable. And once the slaughter was done, they treated me like a hero. Expected me to be happy, and join them in their crusade.

They were all insane, the Scryah that I heard bedtime stories about would not have wanted this. If she woke up to the pile of dead children left behind at the Argent Acadamy she'd kill herself right then and there. If this is the price of our race's continued existence then we don't deserve to live. I fled, an outcast from the only home I've ever known, and the ears on my head marked me as the enemy of mankind everywhere. Once I had enough training to slip their nets, I fled to the only place that would accept me, and would give me a chance to strike back at the people who are really destroying this world.

pre:
Vengeant
Race: Iosan
Archetype: Gifted
Careers:  Arcanist/Spy
Faith: Scyrah
Player Name: Kurieg

Height / Weight:  5'11" /165 lbs
Damage Cap
1 2 3 4 5 6
O       O
O O O O O O
 O   O   O
 O   O   O

Phyisique [SPD/STR]: 5 [6/4]
Agility [PRW/POI]: 4 [4/4]
Intellect [ARC/PER]: 5 [4/3]
Increases (Arc, Int, Agi)

Weapons:
Hand Cannon: Rng 72/8" RAT 2d6+5 Pow 12 Ammo 30
Sword: MAT 2d6+4 P+S 7

Spells:
Name			Cost	RNG	AOE	POW	UP	OFF
Arcane Bolt		2	12	-	11	N	Y
Aura of Protection	2	S	C	-	Y	N
	+2 Arm to allies in CTRL
Light in the Darkness	1	S	C	-	Y	N
	See in Darkness to Allies in CTRL

DEF  12
ARM  12
INIT 13
CMD  6

Skills
Pistol(POI) 1
Detection(PER) 1
Sneak(AGI) 1
Command 1
Lore(INT) 1
Resarch(INT) 1
Deception 1
Disguise(INT) 1
Tracking(PER) 1

Ben/Abil
Rune Reader	Identify any spell cast in LOS
Combat Caster	Roll extra die on casting checks, discard lowest
Great Power	Upkeep 1 spell without fatigue
Battle Plan: Shadow	Spend feat point to give friendly characters Prowl
Cover Identity: Ranger	Tracking	
Language(Rhul)
University Education	Reroll failed Lore and Research checks
Connections: Intel Network

Items
tailored plate	130GP
hand cannon	100GP
sword		20GP
ammunition	18GP
bedroll		5GP
backpack	15GP
6days rations	6GP
Holster		5GP

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Oct 28, 2014

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

also: this might be helpful for people making characters, it's a fillable character sheet pdf that you can save locally if you download.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
Can I make a man who has a mechanikal prosthetic eye? This is Very Important.

Also: will there be any flexibility on what careers can be Rhulic 'Jack Marshals (or which races can be Rhulic Field Mechanics), since they're incompatible with normal 'Jack Marshal abilities?

Manifest Dynasty fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 25, 2014

Swags
Dec 9, 2006

Manifest Dynasty posted:

Can I make a man who has a mechanikal prosthetic eye? This is Very Important.

Also: will there be any flexibility on what careers can be Rhulic 'Jack Marshals (or which races can be Rhulic Field Mechanics), since they're incompatible with normal 'Jack Marshal abilities?

You can definitely make a character that is missing an eye and wants to get a prosthetic, but starting with a prosthetic is a bit expensive.

There is some flexibility on which characters will be allowed to be 'Jack marshals but only as follows: Non natives can start with the ability, but can only use standard jacks, meaning Rhul would put in the order for a standard labor Jack. Rhulic natives can be Rhulic Jack marshals. Non natives who take a career that gives them Jack marshal as their third career or take the Jack marshal ability later will be able to make the choice of being a normal or Rhulic Jack marshal. Basically if you're a field mechanic from outside of Rhul at the beginning you cannot take it because it's not something you train in.

Simultaneously, warcasters from other nations won't ever be allowed to bond with Rhulic jacks, but if you guys kill a Cygnaran group and steal their jacks that's fine.

Hopefully that's acceptable. Just tell me your idea and I'll see if I can work with it.

zephyr42
Apr 19, 2012
(I don't know how to send private messages so I hope this is alright)

Ruhk was a rather young and naive Menite when he felt the calling to join the Order of the Wall. After his long training with the order he came out with a more gentile view of the Menite faith then was the norm in the protectorate, he wanted to see his people safe from harm and free to worship and was less concerned with forcing the unfaithful to convert. Still when the call to join the northern crusade went up he joined, taken by the propaganda and holy fervor.

As the crusade marched through Cygnar though he saw the atrocities the Protectorate inflicted upon the people of Cygnar. As he continued north he could tell these were not isolated incidents and the fervor that had filled him started to wane. He had joined the order to protect those Menites who needed it, to keep them safe from darkness and chaos. What he saw his own people do to the normal folk of Cygnar sickened him, he knew this wasn't right, innocents, even if they were of another faith, did not deserve the tortures inflicted upon them and the complete destruction of their towns.

At this point he set out on his own, choosing no particular place, he would let Menoth guide his steps and take him to where he needed to be. Eventually he found his way to Rhul and joined the irregulars. He wasn't quite sure why Menoth had guided him there, but he felt confident it was the right choice.

pre:
Ruhk

Race: Human (Menite)
Archetype: Mighty
Careers:  Paladin of the Order of the Wall/ Investigator
Faith: Menoth
Player Name: Zephyr42

Height / Weight:  6'0" / 195
Defining Characteristics:

Character Portrait: god drat I hate searching for art of paladins

Damage Capacity

[ ] [ ]    
 [ ] [ ]       [ ]       [ ]   
   [ ]       [ ]       [ ]    
   [ ]       [ ]       [ ]    

Current Feat Points:  3

Stats:
Phyisique [SPD/STR]: 6 [6/5]
Agility [PRW/POI]: 3 [5/4]
Intellect [ARC/PER]: 4 [-/3]
(+1 to PHY from Human, Starting increases STR, PRW, INT)

Weapons:
Ranged:
Repeating Pistol | RAT:   6 | POW: 10
pistol| Effective Range:  48 Ft (8”) | Extreme Range:  240 feet (40")
AtkMod:     0 | Special:  has a 5 chambered ammo wheel that can be replaced as a quick action

Melee:
Firebrand | MAT: 6 | P+S: 12 |
Special: in the hands of a character of the Menoth faith is a magic weapon that causes the fire continuous effect 

Shield | MAT: 6 | P+S: 5 |
Special: while armed with a shield gain +1 ARM for each level in the shield skill against attacks originating in the front arc

DEF: 9 = 6(SPD) + 3(AGI) + 3(PER) - 3 (Armor)
ARM: 15 = 6(PHY) + 1 (Shield) + 8 (Armor)
INITIATIVE: 14 = 6(SPD) + 5(PRW) + 3(PER)
COMMAND RANGE: 5” = 4(INT) +1 (Command Skill) 

Skills:
Great Weapon(PRW): 1
Pistol(POI): 1
Shield (PRW): 1

Detection(PER):  2
Forensic Science(INT):  2
Interrogation(INT):  1
Law(INT):  1
Medicine(INT):  1
Sneak(AGI):  1
Etiquette (SOC):  1
Lore(menite faith) (INT):  1

Benefits & Abilities:
Exceptional Potential -- Gain +1 to PHY, AGL or INT before spending Advancement Points (Human)
Mighty -- gain an additional die on melee damage rolls.
Feat: revitalize -- Can spend 1 feat point during turn to regain a number of vitality points equal to PHYS immediately
Hyper Perception -- PER rolls are boosted.

Astute:  Can reroll failed Detection rolls.  Each failed roll can be rerolled only once as a result of Astute.
Specialization (Firebrand): no attack penalties to using specified weapon
Stone-and-Mortar Stance: During turn, can forfeit movement to gain +3 ARM and cannot be knocked down

Gold:  42gc
Gear: 
20 rounds of light ammo
2 ammo wheels for the repeating pistol

Worn Armor: Full plate | -1 SPD | -3 DEF | +8 ARM

Connections:
Order of the Wall

Permanent Injuries:
Spoken Languages: Sulese, Llaelese, Khadoran
Religious Beliefs: Menite
Notes:

zephyr42 fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Nov 11, 2014

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Alexsei

I am not disloyal to the Tsarina- the empress, let no man say that! But to Khador, well let us just say that my feeling on that front are more mixed, eh? Just five years ago I was a proud soldier, a veteran of long service, and more importantly, I was just the right size for the Man-o-Wars. You have to be so tall to ride them, hmm? You can see my armor over there, being repainted in your- our- Rhulic colors. That will take some getting used to seeing. My family have always been soldiers. It's something of a family tradition. My father was a soldier, his father was a soldier, our mother was a soldier, and on, and on back before there was a Khador to soldier for. So naturally, it was decided long ago that my brother and I would also be soldiers. I was recruited for the Man-O-War program, as I said, and my brother was in the Winter guard unit that supported our platoon. Always on the front lines we were. And word came from home that our mother was dying. Our commander would not give us leave.

I was a good soldier. I did not complain, just waited for the next letter, so I could mourn her. My brother, he determined to go home; he tried to get me to come, but curse me, I told him I would not go. In retrospect, this was the wiser course, because he was caught. We were told he was executed for desertion. Would that it were so.

My team, we were deployed to support one of the Greylords on a sortie against Llaelese resistance forces. He brought his own support, naturally enough; Doom Reavers. The stories you have heard about them are quite true. They are all mad, and eager to kill. One of them had his helmet knocked off by a man wielding an electric pike, and bit off the tip of the lance and spat it back at its wielder, then stabbed the man's horse, and with the horse still stuck on the end of his blade, used the horse to beat another Cygnaran to death.

And that is why I left the Rodina. For you see, I recognized the face of the Reaver who did all that. It was my brother.

pre:
 Alexei 
Race : Human (Khadoran)
Archetype : Intellectual.
Careers : Man-o-War/Man-at-Arms
Level : XP: 0
Faith : Menoth.
Player name : Unseenlibrarian

Height: 6'6" Weight: 250 lbs.

Stats 

Physique [SPD/STR]  : 5 [6/6(9)]
Agility [PRW/POI]: 3  [4/4]
Intellect [ARC/PER]: 5 [*/3]
Willpower (PHY + INT) : 10
(Increases: Strength 2, Intellect 1 +1 for human)

Damage Capacity:

[ ]       [ ]
 [ ] [ ]   [ ] [ ]       [ ]  
   [ ]       [ ]       [ ]    
   [ ]       [ ]       [ ]  

Weapons:

Annihilator Blade: MAT 2d6+7 P+S 14.
Shield Cannon: +2 armor vs attacks from the front arc. MAT 2d6+6 P+S 10. RAT: 2d6+5 Range 36 feet (6") POW 14. Ammo 1 (10 reloads)

DEF: 10
Armor: 14 (16 from the front.)
Init: 11
Command Range: 7"

Skills: 
Great Weapon 2
Shield 2
Pistol 1
Light Artillery 1

Mechanikal Engineering 2
Command 2
Craft: Metalworking 1
Detection 1

Abilities/Benefits:
Ironhead
Load Bearing
Defensive Line
Shield Guard
Genius (Boosted Int rolls)

Connections: Khadoran Military

Possessions: Man-O-War Armor, Annihilator Blade, Shield-cannon, 100 gc.

I decided to start Man-O-War and aim for the actual Ironhead career later after his current armor eventually breaks down in the field and starts needing make-do work done, etc.

unseenlibrarian fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Nov 12, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Is there a template you guys are using for the character blocks?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Does shameless copying count? Otherwise no not really. I linked to a fillable pdf earlier that was helpful for building the character though.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006

Magres posted:

Is there a template you guys are using for the character blocks?

Yeah, just quote someone else's post, remove the [quote] bits and just keep the sheet. Then edit out all of their stuff and edit in yours.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Mine came from the IKRPG thread a long time ago. I saved it and have used it for another character for another game in the past. It is fairly nice, though I feel like it might need some more underlines and stuff to help distinguish sections.

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
Tempted to make a Fire Sorcerer or an Alchemist, dunno what I'd do for the other career. Also, here's a pretty amazing character sheet a buddy of mine made for a campaign that never got off the ground: feel free to make a copy.

EDIT: Thinking Fire Sorc/Rhulic Warcaster. Might change the element. Or switch to gun mage. If I do that, can I use some of my starting money on the 'jack? It's like 50GC shy of having a weapon along with the stock cortex.

LizardBeam fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Oct 27, 2014

Swags
Dec 9, 2006

LizardBeam posted:

Tempted to make a Fire Sorcerer or an Alchemist, dunno what I'd do for the other career. Also, here's a pretty amazing character sheet a buddy of mine made for a campaign that never got off the ground: feel free to make a copy.

EDIT: Thinking Fire Sorc/Rhulic Warcaster. Might change the element. Or switch to gun mage. If I do that, can I use some of my starting money on the 'jack? It's like 50GC shy of having a weapon along with the stock cortex.

I totally didn't realize that the two jacks didn't automatically come with guns! I'll just put it this way: pick one of the two light war jack guns and you can have that one. So either the hailshot cannon or the light cannon. But hey, it comes with a 3/3 Cortex, so that's pretty drat good.

As for the rest, Rhulics tend to have a very strong background in fire magic, so a fire sorc would be great. Gun mage is also good, but if you're going Warcaster and have a warjack (and assuming you take bonded armor at some point) with spells, warjack, and armor, you might be a little shy of Focus to spend on your Rune shots. Might I suggest a non-Gifted combat career, like Soldier or Ranger? Or maybe a non-combat career for the second one entirely, like Explorer or Field Mechanik (especially good if you really plan on focusing on the Rhulic jacks, since they get a ton of Drives).

Really, play what you want. You'll have enough experience eventually to take all of the careers you missed out on. I'm just hesitant to suggest Spellcaster/Spellcaster since I've seen people do that IRL and they either have so many spells they have no idea what to cast, or just not enough focus to do all the stuff they want to do, or just not enough spread in their abilities to be doing stuff all the time. Kind of the same trap when someone goes Mighty and takes Fighter/Fighter and then a social situation pops up and they've got no way to contribute.

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
Yeah, but the nice thing about gunbunnies is they only need 1 focus to be super effective, so the rest can be used for spells or, in more dire situations, the powerfield. (Plus, both sorc and warcaster can only be starting careers.)

LizardBeam fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Oct 27, 2014

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
Totally take Gunmage for your third, then. Sorc/Warcaster sounds cooler.

You could walk around humming the beat to "I See Fire."

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Recruitment deadline is a couple days into November, right? I defend my master's thesis tomorrow and just have not had time to sit down and chew through making a character. Just wanna make sure I don't screw myself on deadlines :)

Swags
Dec 9, 2006

Magres posted:

Recruitment deadline is a couple days into November, right? I defend my master's thesis tomorrow and just have not had time to sit down and chew through making a character. Just wanna make sure I don't screw myself on deadlines :)

Thesis sounds way, way more important. Do that.

But yeah, it should be the third or fourth of November.

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
I am toying with the idea of either a Gobber Arcane Mechanik/Field Mechanik as the groups 'Jack Handler and support caster or a Nyss Highwayman/Ranger as a ranged fighter and scout. Both niches are yet to be filled, so would one fit better into the feel of the game than the other?

ilootthecorpse fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Oct 28, 2014

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

ilootthecorpse posted:

I am toying with the idea of either a Gobber Arcane Mechanik/Field Mechanik as the groups 'Jack Handler and support caster or a Nyss Highwayman/Ranger as a ranged fighter and scout. Both niches are yet to be filled, so would one fit better into the feel of the game than the other?

Well, unless Swags HRs it or there's errata I missed, Gobbers can't be Gifted...which is admittedly an easy HR to make as apparently even scenario writers for the game forget it and have Gobber gun mages running around.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
Unfortunately, per the rules, Dhunia hasn't given magic to the Ogrun or Goblins yet. Even though she's given it to the friggin' Bog Trogs.

So no gifted Gobbers. You could totally make a Field Mechanic/Alchemist, though.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Tannis is a female albino trollkin mounted atop a small but nible bison. She wears a cloth hat with one side pinned up, alchemist's duster and riding leathers. She grew up to be a Priestess of Dhunia, but turned to a life of political dissent after her home was destroyed by a general known as Klishé. Once General Klishé destroyed her shrine, she joined Jarl's highwaymen and learned to navigate through the undergrowth and harass Khadoran supply lines. Tannis ran into hiding to escape from a Khadoran bounty. Joining the Irregulars is her way of ensuring that nobody is able to collect it.

Stats are for a mounted mobility-focused ranged character. Diving into combat is certainly possible with the Long Rider skills, but her primary focus will be scouting, shooting, and staying mobile. Socially she'll be fairly old-west, with intimidation, connections to the Highwaymen, and possibly a later focus on religious connection.

Let me know if this works. The horse from Highwaymen has been sold and replaced with the armour, everything else I THINK is legal, though my experience with IKRPG is fairly limited.

InViolentAgreement
Sep 26, 2014
Interested, will create a character that fits my whims. Will be a dorf, haven't thought any further than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Tannis is a female albino trollkin mounted atop a small but nible bison. She wears a cloth hat with one side pinned up, alchemist's duster and riding leathers. She grew up to be a Priestess of Dhunia, but turned to a life of political dissent after her home was destroyed by a general known as Klishé. Once General Klishé destroyed her shrine, she joined Jarl's highwaymen and learned to navigate through the undergrowth and harass Khadoran supply lines. Tannis ran into hiding to escape from a Khadoran bounty. Joining the Irregulars is her way of ensuring that nobody is able to collect it.

Stats are for a mounted mobility-focused ranged character. Diving into combat is certainly possible with the Long Rider skills, but her primary focus will be scouting, shooting, and staying mobile. Socially she'll be fairly old-west, with intimidation, connections to the Highwaymen, and possibly a later focus on religious connection.

Let me know if this works. The horse from Highwaymen has been sold and replaced with the armour, everything else I THINK is legal, though my experience with IKRPG is fairly limited.

Your archetype is Gifted at the top, but seeing as how your Arc is 0 i think that's a typo?

• Locked thread