Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Tannis is a female albino trollkin mounted atop a small but nible bison. She wears a cloth hat with one side pinned up, alchemist's duster and riding leathers. She grew up to be a Priestess of Dhunia, but turned to a life of political dissent after her home was destroyed by a general known as Klishé. Once General Klishé destroyed her shrine, she joined Jarl's highwaymen and learned to navigate through the undergrowth and harass Khadoran supply lines. Tannis ran into hiding to escape from a Khadoran bounty. Joining the Irregulars is her way of ensuring that nobody is able to collect it.

Stats are for a mounted mobility-focused ranged character. Diving into combat is certainly possible with the Long Rider skills, but her primary focus will be scouting, shooting, and staying mobile. Socially she'll be fairly old-west, with intimidation, connections to the Highwaymen, and possibly a later focus on religious connection.

Let me know if this works. The horse from Highwaymen has been sold and replaced with the armour, everything else I THINK is legal, though my experience with IKRPG is fairly limited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

Kurieg posted:

Your archetype is Gifted at the top, but seeing as how your Arc is 0 i think that's a typo?

I was going to be a Gunmage initially but decided to change it. It should be Skilled. Thank you!

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

They've basically stated that the hordes book is going to operate at a different power level than the warmachine book. It'll be compatible but hordes characters WILL be stronger.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

Edit: ^Holy poo poo that gatorsniper owns.

Fyrbrand posted:

They're not treating them as compatible anymore, not really. At the symposium I went to during GenCon, they specifically said it's best treated as a separate system. They'd playtested combining characters from Iron Kingdoms and the Unleashed system, and there was a total imbalance. So the takeaway message was "Do it if you want, but be prepared for the consequences."

Edit: btw looks like you're at quite a few players and I still haven't had a chance to make a character. I'll probably hold off for now but watch the game with interest/envy.

It'll be no worse than 3rd ed Caster Supremacy. As long as the players know what they're getting into, and the GM is good at making the game fun for everyone, then I'm sure it'll be fine.

Plus warlocks NEED a beast to do anything, so it makes sense for them to always start with a beast and have some way of recovering it if the beast goes away. Conversely, Warcasters start with a labourjack at best and nothing at worst. They, however, can still play the game without.

Honestly, there's already a discrepency between a skilled char tossing out 2 unboostable pow12 shots and a gunmage or warcaster being able to do a fully boosted shot unless there's really really tight encounter design, which is on the DM's shoulders.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

ilootthecorpse posted:

Seems we have a plethora of options for leader and 'Jack marshal types, but no solid scout. I think my first submission is a better concept, but I'll throw this out there just 'cause making characters is fun.

Are you saying that a troll on a bigass buffalo can't scout? :v:

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

So the new sculpt for Braylen came out today, and it's eerie how much she looks like how I pictured this character. Make her albino and toss her on a Tuffalo and that's basically what I had in mind.

also, for the record, I'm in central time and am a big fan of Vassal. But scheduling is a bear I admit.

Alpha Phoenix fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Nov 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

Tannis' Impressions:

Alexsi, Man-o-arms
I imagine that Alexsi and I have had some altercations at some point in the training, due to the conflict in thornwood, but if he opened up and told his backstory, I would have a lot of respect for him because of his choice to willingly leave Khador. Also leaving with a Man-O suit probably means his Khadoran bounty is as big as mine.

Rhuk, Menite Paladin
As a priestess of Dhunia, I would be wary if he starts spouting a bunch of religious rhetoric, but as long as he's cool with me I'm cool with him. I never had much contact with Menoth so he will be the standard I judge the country by until proven otherwise.

Hegwig, Horseman
Respect for him as a magic user, and tactically I think we would work well together. Unfortunately horses have an innate fear of any trollblood, so I might spook his horse once in a while.

Moglok, TacGob
I see gobbers the way I see Pygs. Clever, Fast, yet strong-willed to a fault. Having proven himself a smart and capable, I'm certainly willing to follow him.

Vengeant, Elfbro
I haven't worked directly with elves before, and only know them by reputation. He seems shifty, but he's on our side. Subterfuge isn't my strong point, and I don't care for sneaking around, but that's what he's here for.

Gunnar, Dorfen Dorf
Despite it being explained to me, I legitimately don't understand why he was dishonoured for what he did. To mer, it was an escalated bar fight and he should have sent flowers to their widow, and that would be the end of it.

• Locked thread