Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I would like to join if possible. My immediate instinct is to run a Trollblood character of some type, but I might try to branch out to say, a Llaelese gun mage or something. I'll put together a character over the weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
They're not treating them as compatible anymore, not really. At the symposium I went to during GenCon, they specifically said it's best treated as a separate system. They'd playtested combining characters from Iron Kingdoms and the Unleashed system, and there was a total imbalance. So the takeaway message was "Do it if you want, but be prepared for the consequences."

Edit: btw looks like you're at quite a few players and I still haven't had a chance to make a character. I'll probably hold off for now but watch the game with interest/envy.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Swags posted:

It's not first come, first served. If you make a character that's better than someone else's, they get bumped and you get in. That's how it traditionally is here on the forums.

And I just think it's kind of bonkers to have on cohesive world but have two opposing systems. Warmachine and Hordes, for all their faults, DO work as one system. I was really hoping the Hordes RPG book would be the same.

Cool, I'll keep that in mind.

And I totally agree that it's disappointing re: the two systems. But I will say I am still SUPER excited for it. The presentation really amped me up for it, between all the sweet art, new rules systems, etc. One thing worth mentioning also is they're going for a 'slightly' more light-hearted/whimsical/etc tone for it. Frankly without it, things could get real dark real fast, between gatormans eating people and the other types of dark poo poo hordes folk get up to. There was a hilarious picture of a group of Unleashed PCs tearing up an Iron Kingdoms tavern in classic bar brawl style that really illustrated the tone. Maybe it's leaked somewhere online, I'll look and see.

Edit no luck so far but this one was awesome as poo poo, especially in super high res on a big screen:

• Locked thread