Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

TVarmy posted:

the fcc found out somebody said the one word you can't say on the internet.

p sure i said marx earlier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

A Pinball Wizard posted:

uh looks like the buttcoin foundation has been shut down

i blame nischo

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
has anyone said something to the effect of "buttcoinfoundation.org has been suspended" yet

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

ayn rand hand job posted:

buttcoinfoundationorg has been suspended

:tinfoil:

luclkily its already encoded in the courtchain

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

fermun posted:

http://www.usmarshals.gov/assets/2014/dpr-bitcoins/

Dec. 1 - Bidders must be registered
Dec. 4 - Bids must be submitted
Dec. 5 - Winners will be notified
Dec. 8 - Winners must pay
Dec. 9 - All Bitcoins will be transferred to bidders

:tipshat:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

fermun posted:

http://www.usmarshals.gov/assets/2014/dpr-bitcoins/

Dec. 1 - Bidders must be registered
Dec. 4 - Bids must be submitted
Dec. 5 - Winners will be notified
Dec. 8 - Winners must pay
Dec. 9 - All Bitcoins will be transferred to bidders

they're actually calling them dread pirate roberts bitcoins.
shouldn't he be objecting to that url, since they're "ROSS WILLIAM ULBRICHT" bitcoins?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

quote:

The USMS will not transfer bitcoins to an obscene public address, a public address apparently in a country restricted by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), a public address apparently associated with terrorism, other criminal activities, or otherwise hostile to the United States.

there go my plans :(

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
saw this in irc

quote:

as I understand it, buttcoin was hosted on the same hosting as welp.im, FCKGW's image hoster, and huffpo hotlinked one of his images somewhere making his monthly limit immediately get exceeded

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
huffed again

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
should've used cloudflare

or would that not have helped

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

is it worth it at all trying to get money out of them for that? cuz I doubt it was credited

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

theflyingexecutive posted:

is it worth it at all trying to get them to say buttcoin? cuz I doubt it was credited

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

should've used cloudflare

or would that not have helped

it's preferable to have a hard cap (if you're some random dude and not a legit company) so you don't get hosed at the end of the month. it's like when banks (are legally obligated to) ask you if you want your card to decline or rack up a $40 overdraft fee per purchase

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

vOv posted:

quote:

The USMS will not transfer bitcoins to ... a public address apparently associated with terrorism, other criminal activities, or otherwise hostile to the United States.

Does posting "end the fed", and telling everyone about how I can't wait to gaze upon the ashes of the current system of government, make me "hostile to the US"?

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

killhamster posted:

saw this in irc

man huffpo is literally the devil

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
seems like that's an opportunity to have fun with referrer headers and goatse to me

ponzioptions
Nov 10, 2006

provide faster nudity
Lipstick Apathy

Alan Smithee posted:

Oh god someoen please give me a link

http://www.image.fi/image-lehti/oikeamieliset

sorry, only in moon language. it's a magazine article from 2011.
it's a very incoherent because it tells how bitcoin mansion guy (Pietilä) met super food enthusiasts.
in the world of of super food people the mansion guy was the most sane.
to be fair even the mansion guy tried to distance himself from the whole attracting 16 year old girl to a weird gentleman's club.
this was because one of the partners in the club accused the girls parents in a blog after the restraining order thing and said "lovely parents <3 I wonder whom we should send to siberia"
mansion guy said "I didnt think anything [and that it would seem so creepy]"

the whole article is full your normal stuff. quotes from mansion guy:
"Silver investors are usually extraordinary. Almost all of them are under 40, male, silent, and very intelligent.".
"I like to hangout with younger people. When they are on fire so am I"
he also wanted to create a high school so that young people could hang around him more.
he states that the whole idea was to recruit people to give him silver that he stores in a vault in a another country.
silver because it can never go down in value. it went down so he is in bitcoin. that can never go down in value.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
seriously gently caress coiners

quote:

Six days ago the popular motorcycle video-blogger "M13" was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident. He's making a public plea for donations on his facebook page. Maybe we could show him some love with Changetip on Youtube and Twitter? (self.Bitcoin)

cool username

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

quote:

[–]AntiCapt2 1 point 2 hours ago

Oh my that's horrific, send him some coin for me /u/changetip $1

[–]changetip 2 points 2 hours ago

The Bitcoin tip for 2,809 bits ($1.00) has been collected by Simcom.

and who says there's no money in being an ideas man

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

This whole thread is full of silver

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/2n2zhl/how_did_2014_treat_you/

quote:

[–]bitbull_ 37 points 20 hours ago

Down big time. BIG time. This year has been lovely for the hodl-ers.

[–]anonymous_troll 2 points 5 hours ago

Yep. I actively traded and did fine. I held onto my cryptos and lost all my money. It was too much work and I gave up on cryptos altogether. I have an academic interest now, but losing all of my money isn't what I need to be doing right now.

[–]BrainSlurperLong-term Holder -2 points 8 hours ago

But hey, this is gentlemen and we have come back from worse. Maybe we won't this time but in that case, whatever.

Remember when everyone lost money in Black Tuesday and they all said "that's the cat's pajamas!"

quote:

[–]robboywonderLong-term Holder 11 points 20 hours ago

down a lot. but hey, started a bitcoin business. hopefully that fares better.

[–]guildymasterBearish 5 points 16 hours ago

Can I ask what business you opened? I'd like to start one as well, but I'm afraid the bitcoin economy is too small.

[–]robboywonderLong-term Holder 4 points 14 hours ago*

honestly? i'd rather not say. i don't really want this account associated with the business. who knows what kind of stupid poo poo i've said on reddit.

i'll say this: the bitcoin economy is small but it's a well connected, well informed bunch of people. if you can offer a truly valuable product or service you'll do well. it's still early days for us, so it's hard to say how it's going.

smart guy, wouldn't wanna get zergrushed over the phone

quote:

[–]fluttershy17 4 points 17 hours ago

Down $4 million, approximately half of my net worth.

[–]Techynot[S] 3 points 16 hours ago

Woah...hodler or mtgox?

[–]fluttershy17 3 points 15 hours ago

Hodling all the way. Still not worried, just a bit bored. Life would be a lot more interesting if the price went up again to November 2013 levels.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2n50sw/its_happening/

quote:

It's Happening... (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 7 hours ago * by Wvspecialkvw

So I'm out to dinner with 4 other couples from the neighborhood and on the way there my wife says "No Bitcoin tonight." So half way through the dinner my wife jokingly says to the table, "You ever hear about Bitcoin?" The neighbor next to her lights up and starts going off about the Fed, inflation, the blockchain and how Bitcoin is competition to the status quo. I sat back, crossed my arms with a poo poo eating grin on my face.

That and the fact I got a text from my sister saying that Bitcoin Billionaire is my nieces favorite new game on her phone and all her friends play it.

It's happening.

:allears:

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

ponzioptions posted:

http://www.image.fi/image-lehti/oikeamieliset

sorry, only in moon language. it's a magazine article from 2011.
it's a very incoherent because it tells how bitcoin mansion guy (Pietilä) met super food enthusiasts.
in the world of of super food people the mansion guy was the most sane.

that article is purestrain goldsilver. christian cultists, silverbugs, superfoodists, libertarians, cross-fitters, failed artists, 16-year-old girl as the "Managing Partner, Vice President, Communications" of the club, restraining orders, failed food safety inspections...

quote:

There are two bars of silver on the table. Pietilä is speaking in English with a foreign man. He pulls 1180 euros out of his wallet and gives them to the man. Then he takes the bars to the back room.

"It's not my job to assess where the silver is from", Pietilä remarks.

Pietilä went to the Helsinki University of Technology and got involved with a Christian student group.

quote:

In March 2003 Pietilä founded a company, Melkisedek LLC.
[...]
Several members of the [Christian student group] were employed by the company.
One of them was Olli Pakarinen, with whom Pietilä produced the self-funded "Storm Alert of Finance" program for the Christian "Heaven TV7" cable channel in 2006.

In their show, Pietilä and Pakarinen explained that an economical crisis was looming ahead. In their vision the entire financial system would collapse, and alternative means of payment would have to be introduced --- gold and silver. Pietilä determined that silver, in theory, was the best investment.

Pietilä becomes a business angel for a bunch of crazy superfoodists, financing their restaurant with his fellow silverchristians.

quote:

"Our company intends to attract young people, including minors, to live their lives according to the new social media paradigm in which the aim is not to work from 8 to 4 but to earn money in your everyday life, based on the same set of values. We will restore the "American dream", in which an errand boy can, thanks to his skill and hard work, sooner or later become the general manager, without diplomas, without limitations."

not really surprised

quote:

"The state is a perversion", Pietilä explains while munching on pieces of cocoa beans at Silverclub.

"It is an entity whose mission is to take care of the citizens, but through its own action it has managed to destroy everything. Everybody would be incalculably better off if the state was taken out of the way. In this era of social media we have no need for the state."

According to Pietilä, the silver investors do not support democracy. The greatest flaw in his opinion is the way the state lays claim to people's property: taxation is theft, especially when the money is not even spent on something useful.

Silverbank and Shasa avoid many taxes, because following Pietilä's suggestion they do not pay their employees.

what could go wrong?

quote:

His latest idea is to start a Silverclub "high school".

"Once the compulsory eduction is finished, you can do whatever you like."

[...]

He already has a curriculum. During the day the highschoolers could work at the [superfood restaurant] soon to be opened in Helsinki, and in the evening study at Silverclub under the "most eminent and cool" people. They would spend their nights in a dorm. The school would be funded by tuition fees.

[...]

In April Pietilä blogged on how he overdosed on vitamin B3 at the club with a 17-year old girl.

since they wrote the article in 2011 the price of silver has fallen by about 50% :laugh:

Herman Merman fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Nov 23, 2014

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

this guy is a national treasure

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

A Pinball Wizard posted:

uh looks like the buttcoin foundation has been shut down

talking w/ fed atm

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
bitcoinfoundation.gov

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
what is this is gentlemen

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

j/k the hosting got infected through some lovely wordpress script so they have to wipe the site and i need to comb through the plugins before i can re-upload everything

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

this is unrelated to huff hot linking one of my images last week. i goatees' them but they already replaced the image.

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

good ol wordpress

~*~*code is poetry*~*~

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

Herman Merman posted:

In April Pietilä blogged on how he overdosed on vitamin B3 at the club with a 17-year old girl.

Isn't it vitamin B that scientologists are crazy about? I seem to remember their narconon rehab programme featuring a shitton of it together with long sauna sessions (another Finnish connection there! :tinfoil:)

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

My PIN is 4826 posted:

Isn't it vitamin B that scientologists are crazy about? I seem to remember their narconon rehab programme featuring a shitton of it together with long sauna sessions (another Finnish connection there! :tinfoil:)

if i had to guess (i have no idea) I would say that they would give high doses of niacin (B3). that would cause flushing, which would synergize nicely with the sauna sessions. no actual effect on your addiction or anything, though.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Serious Hardware / Software Crap > YOSPOS > Buttcoin: In this era of social media we have no need for the state.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

FCKGW posted:

j/k the hosting got infected through some lovely wordpress script so they have to wipe the site and i need to comb through the plugins before i can re-upload everything
nice news, thanks

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Sham bam bamina! posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Serious Hardware / Software Crap > YOSPOS > Buttcoin: In this era of social media we have no need for the state.

agreed, things have been much better since twitter started maintaining roads and bridges round here

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

FCKGW posted:

lol sweet wordpress I'm sure this isn't the last time something like this will happen

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
an omen from the other side

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

My PIN is 4826 posted:

i imagine if you give people with a huge B12 deficiency lots of it they would feel great and attribute it to thetans or w/e

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

My Linux Rig posted:

lol sweet wordpress I'm sure this isn't the last time something like this will happen

i have a wordpress install

it's running chrooted under fastcgi with mod_security installed on nginx and selinux turned on

i also have it updating every day via an RPM

i only have three plugins installed, one for google anal ytics, one for LDAP SSO, and the one that spams free software song quotes onto the admin panel that ships with wordpress

i still give this setup maybe 4 months before it gets popped somehow

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

stay safe bitcoin ghost

(you have to say that after quoting him or he haunts your computer)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

My Linux Rig posted:

ceaselessly wrong in life, the bitcoin ghost has finally said something correct in the bitcoin thread. it is now at peace and can eternally rest. :unsmith:

• Locked thread