Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

Dren posted:

There is a very good chance it will bounce, and after such a long downtrend, it'll probably be sooner than later.

it's like when the roulette comes up red five times in a row, it pretty much has to be black next time. it's just statistics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe
stay tuned for tomorrow's buttcoin foundation update, where we find out that the south korean embassy said they'd "look into it", and that moolah is in big trouble now!

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe
it's a distributed anonymous corporation, duh. we're all the buttcoin foundation.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

please don't doxx buttcoin foundation's new writer, thanks.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe
because they're all just throwing the letters away. the fun part will be the follow-up from the DOJ

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

so if I'm reading this right, they pre-mined the poo poo out of this, so now they want people to pump up the value so they can dump it all...for "charity"?

i kind of wish i'd thought of that first

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe
that's even better. so you're supposed to mine it, then pump it, then...give it back to them?

loving genius

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dren posted:

we must summon yospos's greatest debater to debate andreas

pretty sure if you sent fishmech and didn't set a time limit for the debate, he'd win by attrition eventually

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe
someone already made a real-money online tipping service

it's called Flattr

no one actually uses it

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe
I like the new buttcoin article that doesn't mention buttcoins

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe
the fbi found silk road 1, 2, 3, and 5, and now they'll waste all their time looking for silk road 4! :xd:

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

no words. should have sent a poet.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

Herman Merman posted:

[–]road_laya 0 points 4 hours ago

PayPal is not a bank, why would a PayPal balance affect my credit score?

bitcoin: the premiere digital currency for dumb teenagers

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

Jabor posted:

They're seriously going with the "Inaba said that, not Josh" defence? :cripes:

christmas came early this year :allears:

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

[–]BigMoneyGuy 26 points 6 hours ago

Other subs have mods that ban obvious trolls. Mods in /r/Bitcoin think trolling is free speech, when it's actually the opposite: It's a tool for disrupting free speech.

put this guy on the harvard debate team, he's ready

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

don't forget their analysis of that graph:

Adafruit posted:

Was it worth it? Heck yes!

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe
holy poo poo, that green line

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

Heresiarch posted:

i don't have any questions or anything useful to say except thank you for being a "tech journalist" who is not terrible

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

YOSPOS > bitcoin: you realize you're all broken people tho right

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

JaysonAych posted:

This seems a little unethical

that's for the free market to decide!

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe
it turns out engines are impossible, sorry guys.

so wait, what are they actually proposing?

wikispeed posted:

0) sink this project and kill the company.
1) Drain all remaining funds to switch to a Front engine, Front wheel drive design, and incorporate the entire drive-train un-modified from used vehicles (must be used as new FF drive trains are not sold complete and running). est $5,000 per engine module but many sprints to convert all modules to accept FF without modification to the drive train.
2) Raise funds and switch to a Chevrolet LS3 “connect and cruise” crate engine. This is the only crate engine currently on the market that is delivered with all electronics connected and a matching key. We don’t have enough money left to do this without raising funds. There is risk in that we’d have to learn how to work with the LS3. est $15,000 per engine module.
3) Raise funds and deliver each car in turn to an electric vehicle conversion shop, at a price higher than the LS3. We don’t have enough money left to do this without raising funds. Lowest risk, needs the most money. est $20,000 by the time they are done, turn-key, per engine module if ~100mi range.
4) Raise funds and hire an ASE certified master mechanic, and appoint them head of engine module fabrication. We likely don’t have enough funds to make a tempting offer without raising funds. Actual amount unknown.
5) Write in an idea here, folks.

so basically they hosed themselves and are now too poor to do anything remotely intelligent

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

Mrs P, the founder of The Bitcoin Wife posted:

$10,000 – $100,000 – I think right now is the is the cheapest we will ever see Bitcoin at again. February is going to be a rockstar month for Bitcoin.

boom february!

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe
lol, out of 50 people, 14 guessed in the five figure range

welcome back to the pump!

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

holy poo poo

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

FAUXTON posted:

People in this field know what bitcoin is, because it's our job to identify and assist in prosecuting money laundering. Bitcoin is the mild-mannered Austrian man who emigrated to Argentina in the late 40's and has kept to himself ever since, and I'm the goddamn Mossad.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe
after seeing how prison straightened out roger ver, i can only imagine the fine upstanding citizen shrem will be when he gets out

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

Urocoins, the ones backed by urea.

i thought this was a joke but then i googled it and whelp

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

PleasureKevin posted:

i've never once seen those machines work ever so

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

he said the machine just took $300 cash and crashed without giving him his bitcoin

functioning as intended

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

Boxturret posted:

so is this guy legit insane or...?

what does your heart tell you

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

unpacked robinhood posted:

lol coiners must be livid

actually this is good for bitcoin because

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe
to promote feminism

no, seriously, that was his reason

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe
lol, they're already insolvent.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

Today, on Garza watch.

so either some guy extorted tens of thousands of dollars and 60% of the company away from josh, or josh found a scapegoat to explain away why he's about to cut and run.

:allears: and i don't even care which it is

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

OSI bean dip posted:

no more loans appear to be getting approved or reviewed. i am still waiting for my 60k to be approved--which is like nearly 15% of their holdings

if i'm reading his post history right, he hasn't approved or even replied to any loan requests since yesterday. that didn't last long.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

text editor posted:

I'll pay $1 per card
$782 is being claimed.

:monocle:

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

FCKGW posted:

*plays a game full of depiction of real events that happened in bitcoin*
"Man, what a preachy game!"

just in case there was any doubt:

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

anthonypants posted:

I told them that if they thought I would throw good money after bad, they had another think coming

i'm assuming "another thing" is more money, since he already sent them money SIX TIMES

anthonypants posted:

I'm sure that that A.G.'s will get me a good part of my money eventually

lol

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe
to be fair, anytime a bitcoiner claims they were stupid enough to give thousands of dollars to an obvious scammer, i am inclined to believe them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

did it already come up that overstock is trying to issue $500m in stocks via a blockchain

no, but that's pretty funny. here's hoping the SEC laughs it off so their CEO will look like even more of an idiot publicly than he already does.

• Locked thread