Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

lol every time bitcoiners herald anapoopolus as the voice of the community, a respected intellectual, their master orator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

breaking news, bitcoiner being dishonest!

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Mulatto Butts posted:

hes the hero they deserve

in the land of autists the one lowest down the spectrum is king

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

is he autistic?

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

he was doing it for the family that he'll no longer have when he gets incarcerated and his wife meets a new dude in the elevator

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

what i don't get about josh and bfl, he ratfucks them, somehow avoids prosecution (so far) but then continues to defend their honour online

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

I really, REALLY want to hear how he combines "Christian with a Bible always in his car" and "Enabling people to sell heroin over the internet".

probably the same way a lot of religious (and non-religious) people excuse behaviour counter to their proclaimed values

also this is my favourite part

quote:

an elaborate cutout of a pirate ship that hung in the apartment’s bay window

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

doesn't the irs give out a % of takings if you report a tax dodger why isnt anyone ratting him out?

Pocket fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Nov 16, 2014

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

having karples write a piece for the buttcoin foundation would anger so many

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

only tip him if he does buttcoin articles.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

all of the key bitcoin figures think they are above the rest of the community, and the community relishes being belittled, insulted and defrauded by these coi.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

Easy to buy into a pyramid scheme when you think of yourself as a temporarily embarrassed pharaoh

quick someone flip a graphic of a triangle upside down and offer bitcointalk the opportunity to invest in a funnel scheme. i'll take my 50% idea guy cut in bitcoin mining contracts pls.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

killhamster posted:

i did twice, he never replied

barking up the wrong tree, tibane probably calls the shots.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

has anyone thought of having pedestrian crossings with bitcoin?

want to cross the road pleb?
better pay up, also make sure you pay enough to get all the way across before the motorists outbid your offer.

i think this will disrupt the crossing the road sector.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

filing a trademark and then using that to seize their domain would be funny, but then it would require an irl name and irl address on the tm database for any crazy to see. unless the trademark is put under another entity but this takes effort.

i decided to do a search on the uspto as it's been a while. i like how a canadian firm is trying to register the word mark "CERTIFIED BITCOIN EXPERT" and "CERTIFIED BITCOIN PROFESSIONAL" (86412575 and 86412567 respectively)

"certifying individuals and organizations as having met the applicant's standards for providing information, professional services, and advice in connection with bitcoin technology."

once they've been published if someone informs /r/bitcoin that they are trying to regulate these terms at least one of them will spend irl money opposing the applications.

Pocket fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Dec 12, 2014

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

sorry for your mental deficiencies if you think switzerland's neighbours are even remotely better than it.

that reddit dude is just pissy about the direct democracy because the populace voted 80% against the gold standard two weeks ago. also blocked the govt from spending 3bn on a bunch of lovely gripen fighter jets from sweden in the spring.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

pretty fuckin high

http://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/countries/switzerland/

quote:

When asked to rate their general satisfaction with life on a scale from 0 to 10, Swiss people gave it a 7.8 grade, the highest score in the OECD where average life satisfaction is 6.6.

http://unsdsn.org/resources/publications/world-happiness-report-2013/

quote:

The report identifies the countries with the highest levels of happiness:

Denmark
Norway
Switzerland
Netherlands
Sweden

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

QuarkJets posted:

Like I said, it's a cool place to visit if you're not black or muslim. Just don't stay unless you're wealthy

like many other forums posters and swiss citizens i am not part of the wealthy elite because i didn't invest in bitcoin, but i can attest life is possible without a private bank account, g5 and a butler, the salaries follow the cost of living somewhat. for tourists it really is pricey and hotel costs alone are a rip off, but for getting out of the cities and visiting the country side and summer/winter sports it is amazing.

muslim tourists are very welcome, emirates airlines were lobbying to get geneva airport expanded to fit a380 capabilities because they already have or project having that scale of volume on their dubai - geneva service.

to be clear there are problems in switzerland and there is a problem with racism and due to the subtle nature of it (like employment practices) a lot of people are unaware of it going on thus consider it not a problem. at least with every new generation it is being pushed out, also it's not like the police force is murdering black dudes.

sweden is an amazing country. it's also easy to understand how people get them confused if they are illiterate.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

i think european countries have avoided that extreme american myopia only because until recently they were threatened by or at war with or invaded by their neighbours and then participation in the eu made avoiding happenings outside of the borders unavoidable. also europeans love their nationalism and a massive part of that is about how superior they are to their lovely inbred neighbours.

FrozenVent posted:

somehow i doubt this is about tourism

there are many business links, it's hard to explain how geneva is fills up with wealthy arabs during the summer, some will even fly over their favourite car, so it's common to see plates from the emirates on mclaren mercedes or custom lambos. the city courts this clientele because they often have their family offices based in geneva and happen to spend a lot of money during their stay, along with the chinese they are big spending tourists. the swiss like money, they don't ever let race or ethics get in the way of that.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

LastInLine posted:

i will say that in my limited time in europe i was shocked by how openly racist they are and i live in the american south

in the 90s it was the time to blame the balkans, then the roma came and now they get the blame, even though it's probably still the balkan people at fault.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

i too believe in magical postive roi machines. that guy is doing his best to become yet another temporarily embarrassed millionaire.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

hope you get well soon heresiarch

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

who owns yospos?

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

same

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

i hope someone redraws the last supper but with karpeles as jesus.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

^ the swiss have pissoirs

i like conjugating pissing to the future, such an art to pissing.

je pisserai
tu pisseras
il/elle pissera
nous pisserons
vous pisserez
ils/elles pisseront

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

unpacked robinhood posted:

Copenhagen has pisoars

pls don't talk about your penis itt thx

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

what's buttcoin in german?

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

2014, the year monty hall stole yospos' goat

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

everyone i've heard say this was a racist.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Soricidus posted:

it's quite common in britain, where "spade" literally just means a flat shovel and has no unfortunate connotations

sorry to hear you are surrounded by racists tho, that must suck

sorry b, the few people i've heard use it, all english in england, were using it to excuse bigoted statements, glad i left such a racist place.

Pocket fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 28, 2014

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

i'd love for the aryan twins to be liquidating their holdings as the result of a concerned family friend contacting their father after seeing their bullshit presentation.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

also if the swing goes in your favour by 15% they won't honour the order

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

i've a friend who had a criminal process started against them for ordering adderal after they moved from the states and couldn't get it here.

these guys should probably stfu about the eccies and have a good night or maybe the reported 10 pills is what they have left over after the party.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

sharknado slashfic posted:

Do they not know what the darknet is, like were they expecting it to be aliexpress or something, wtf. they're lucky they didn't buy an actual child slave

dsyp

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

want exposure to massive fluctuations in exchange rates? bitcoin.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

I like how his rational actor ideology is working out for him.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Boxturret posted:

didn't someone here find that his lawyer was an insane bitcoiner or something or was that another bitcoin related legal case

his lawyer recently represented captain hook

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Pocket posted:

his lawyer recently represented captain hook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

we've finally made it to eldorado

• Locked thread