Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Erenthal posted:

constantly amazed how these people can believe that inflation is on an unstoppable rise of hundreds of percent a month, while at the same time presumably shopping for groceries and stuff and paying basically the same price as yesterday
mom and/or mom substitute s/o buys the groceries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Boxturret posted:

backed by PURE MATH
this is literally Comp Sci 101. your first four classes are Hello My Name Is Professor Computerguy -> here's how to get your compiler working-> HelloWorld.java -> let's talk about primitives

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

seiken posted:

what was the TCC thread where everyone was taking this weird stuff that lasted for days and they all immediately lost their jobs and ruined their lives and every new person who showed up in the thread did exactly the same thing with stunning predictability? I liked that one
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3230894
I don't have archives so sorry if this is 30 pages of goatse or something

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
if my math is correct, the blockchain would bloat to over 50 terrabytes and take almost two years to process

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

JamesieAB posted:

Imagine a boot stamping on that face — forever.
imagine an arms race of boot stamping machines that stamp the builders in their own faces while they argue about whose boot stamping machine is better and every so often someone accidentally stamps the wrong face and loses their house

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

bucketmouse posted:

the ceiling seems to be getting lower and the floor is curiously spongy
but my mom says I'm funny :smith:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

bucketmouse posted:

nah you did good

the bitcoin fanfiction/parables derails are the best downtime fillers other than tcc safaris
I didn't remember the blind burger factory until this morning so I thought it was a gbs/aspergers reference :v:

hobbesmaster posted:

business school and finance people probably think Bitcoin is even funnier than we do

I mean if that's even possible
based on a sample size of one accountant I know, you are 100% correct.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
1488 bits
Hitler did nothing wrong
g h jew f v

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Nessus posted:

was this a "we can't save all of them even if we froze all activity as of now, so we ought to focus on a few and let the others muddle through with minimal interference" kind of thing, or a "I want an oil company job" kind of thing
well there's things like pandas, which are so loving bad at existing that they were well on their way to a natural extinction until we showed up and decided they were cute and wanted to spend millions of dollars trying to make them gently caress. so maybe he was talking about things like that.

e: oh wait ghostlight already said.

also

quote:

It was on the islet of Stac an Armin, St Kilda, Scotland, in July 1844, that the last great auk seen in the British Isles was caught and killed.[63] Three men from St Kilda caught a single "garefowl", noticing its little wings and the large white spot on its head. They tied it up and kept it alive for three days, until a large storm arose. Believing that the auk was a witch and the cause of the storm, they then killed it by beating it with a stick.[64][65] It is the only British bird made extinct in historic times.[66]

Splicer fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 12, 2015

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Chocobo posted:

i've grown up thinking people that keep indoor cats are weird, and now i'm reading multiple people agreeing that outdoor cats should be illegal.

i must have missed something.
opinions change as more information is gained. for example, it's been recently discovered that invasive predatory species with no natural enemies cause massive ecological damage even if they're cute and say "meow"

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

ayn rand hand job posted:

but enough about libertarian furries, rassah is enough
you think libertarian furries are cute? :crossarms:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Magrov posted:

dont you hate when you forget to charge your laptop and lose all your money?
this happened to me except it was my adventure capitalist save file

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
has anyone said bit-how

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
wait I did that wrong

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

my kittens keep dying on winter help
research agriculture make farmers

also I just escaped from adventure capitalist ayn rand hand job why did you do this to me

Splicer fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Apr 13, 2015

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

what's an adventure capitalist? Like Scrooge McDuck or something?
a thing where you waste cpu cycles and jump through arbitrary hoops to make pretend money

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Boxturret posted:

[–]americanpegasus[S] 28 points 8 days ago
Lying here in bed this morning on a mobile phone, no less.
Now I'm going to the beach.
You know why?
Because I'm american loving Pegasus.
And so are you.
💪💖👑💲💸🎶🗽✈💎🚀😄😎💃👔💭🎭🎮🎲🌟🔙🔛🔝
I'm not sure how I feel about this v for vendetta remake

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

jony ive aces posted:

it works for dudes too :q:

lol if u moisten ur finger to turn a page tho
skip the middleman, turn it with your penis

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

ayn rand hand job posted:

i live near a coffee shop that's also a wine bar and jazz room
goes well with last page's jizz room

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

TVarmy posted:

as someone else once said, "[poo poo language] coders think everything is as bad as [poo poo language], so they want to do everything in [poo poo language] so they don't have to struggle like they did with [poo poo language] again."

its p hosed up a person would embrace a language where you have to force your floats to act like integers just because "it's the lingua franca of the web."
swap out a couple of words there and you just described most TradGames players :sigh:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
if only he'd read the holy scripture he'd understand (notacult)

someone do Bit Tracts

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
it doesn't count as touching the poop when the poop is the one smearing itself all over your face

Splicer fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Apr 30, 2015

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

OhsH posted:

im the whilst
i'm the defualt password

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
tea superioritea. tea contains theatine, so it wakes you up and calms you down at the same time :eng101:

unless you're not very sensitive to caffeine, in which case tea makes you sleepy :pseudo:

man, those smilies are unreadable here.

e: why do communists only drink herbal tea

because proper tea is theft

Splicer fucked around with this message at 10:59 on May 2, 2015

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Spellchecker you have one goddamned job :(

I'd feel less bad if it wasn't now enshrined in five or six differently coloured screenshots.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
are people really talking about the rules of capitalisation and punctuation in yospos

e: specifically being surprised by an arbitrary cultural shift in the use of capitals

Splicer fucked around with this message at 14:03 on May 3, 2015

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

jre posted:

That was one of my favourite bitcoin tech fails :allears:
I thought that was hyperbole :stare: Tell me more?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
$10 for a hamburger?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

ElectricMucus posted:

How common is it to have a job where nobody notices a whole team of people doing something entirely different than they are supposed to long enough to make a startup out of it?
In bitcoinland or real life?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

duTrieux. posted:

The Final Bottom…

The one whom the legends have foretold……

Krinkle posted:

in my memories it's in montage form with the karate kid song about being the best played over me hobbling around a hospital leaning on my iv drip getting a little bit more farty each scene and the nurses are shaking their heads at me at first like that guy ain't never gonna fart but later they give me grudging respect as i finally squeak one out
except instead of a fart it ends with a chaos dump

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I worked out my buffoon address in my head, memorised it, then wiped my short term memory.

Or that's what this note says anyway.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Boxturret posted:

lol if you can read
I just mash my face into my phone and hope auto-correct produces something relevant

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Buttcoin purse posted:

I worked at a small place where the CEO bitched at the CFO about why his actual income for the year was 1 cent less than it was meant to be, like $199999.99 instead of exactly $200K. That's how you become a rich person, right?
In a well run company this kind of thing will be asked as a "How did this happen, and where did the penny go?" rather than a "Give me my fraction of a chicken nugget :argh:" Many minor discrepancies could be adding up to someone's comfortable embezzlement nest egg. Or asking the question is the first step toward discovering the corporate accounting software is built on floats

In a bad company it's just a crazy control freak freaking out over being "cheated" on principle

Also it's actually more effort to type without caps on my phone so go gently caress yourselves

Splicer fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jun 16, 2015

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

anthonypants posted:

now that's what i call harm reduction
arm reduction

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

FAUXTON posted:

I know I wouldn't charge someone to quote my posts, there's nothing of value there.
well yeah that's why you charge bitcoins

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

text editor posted:

We are whole BTC family strongly protest for his human rights and how soon as possible to free him.

I'm the Ver strongly supporting him

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Alan Smithee posted:

Is it really abduction or is it more like boatjacking
Stephen Segal in Under Siege 3: Dork Territory

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

surebet posted:

never heard of boatjacking and google only confused me further

Boatjacking is what sovcits call a handy

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

MeLKoR posted:

Just had a great idea, an automatic "ATM" machine with the bitcoin logo and "get rid of your fiat, no ID required" over the screen that just turns the bills into tiny confetti.
I am in favour of your automatic automated teller machine machine idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

divabot posted:

It's Roko's Basilisk, right, but ON THE BLOCKCHAIN.
Roko's Buttlicks

• Locked thread