Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

how do you polish a bitcoin

i'd say bitcoin's pretty polish already, it's like a submarine with screen doors that can submerge 10 feet under water being heralded as the future of transportation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Robawesome posted:

As a successful software developer I have (temporarily) given up my living arrangements in pursuit of bitcoin (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 2 minutes ago by crazyaboutbits

Greeting fellow bitcoiners, and happy holidays! Ever since I heard of bitcoin in 2011, I was hooked. Many of us have recommend to fellow enthusiasts that they should not invest more than they can afford. I disagree with this statement entirely, and I’m here to tell you why bitcoin is a sure thing.

For thousands of years the central banking thieves have been taking money from honest citizens in the form of taxes. Bitcoin gives us new power in the form of financial freedom. No longer do I need to work with central banking cartels to transfer value to people across the world. Bitcoin is unprecedented in the financial industry, and technology will win over tradition – every single time. Bitcoin is a sure thing, and I’m all in on bitcoin.

Since 2011 I have been putting whatever I could afford into bitcoin. Once I had my rent, utilities, food and everything paid for, I put the remainder in bitcoin. I’ve bought coins at the lowest of the low, and the highest of the high. I don’t regret buying $800 coins for a single second, because I know that in 5 years time those will seem free.

After the 2013 bubble I really started to see the potential of bitcoin and how it could change the entire world. Aside from ending the global financial monopoly, it has the power to be the greatest wealth transfer of all time. It will transfer massive amounts of money into the hands of the middle class, effectively empowering the middle class like no technology before it!

Starting two months ago, I began to think how I could increase my bitcoin buys. I’m a successful software developer, and earn a decent living. I began to think of all the money I’ve been wasting on rent and utilities over the years and how much more bitcoin I could buy. I see all these cheap coins coming onto the market within the last couple months, and I know we’ll never see anything this cheap in our lifetimes. In a few years bitcoin will be trading at $10,000 a coin and my sacrifices will be paid off 100 fold.

For this reason, I gave up my house for bitcoin! I live in California so the weather is nice, so I took to sleeping outside. I signed up for a gym membership and have been storing my personal effects in my gym locker. I use it for shower, going to the bathroom, and brushing my teeth. I rented a storage unit for the remainder of my items. I am now able to spend over $3,000 a month on bitcoin alone. The only thing that I do with my pay checks is buy food, toiletries, and bitcoins.

I spent lots of time on /r/frugal and have learned a lot of excellent advice. Every day I go to a new hotel and take advantage of their free breakfast. I rotate hotels often so they don’t catch on. I bring in cups to the bathroom and store a little soap in there while I’m on the go. Sometimes while it’s raining, I’m even able to sneak in a quick cat nap in the lobby while remaining unnoticed. For my stove I use a method which is commonly used by homeless people. By poking holes in a pop can and adding just a dab of alcohol, the stove will be sufficient enough to eat up canned food, or cook ramen noodles.

When the bubble occurs in 2015 I will once again resume living indoors. However, for now, I will be taking advantage of these cheap coins as much as possible until they are once again priced at over $1,000 a coin. Deep in my heart I know that my hard work will eventually pay off in a spectacular way. I’m extremely excited for what next year holds. I think 2015 will be known for the year of crypto currencies. Children will be learning about this year in text books for thousands of years. I even think there will eventually be a holiday dedicated to bitcoin as it replaces the USD. Similar to the 4th of July, there will be a day dedicated for giving thanks to the technology that saved us from enslavement.

(Throw away account for obvious reasons. My boss would think I'm crazy for living on the streets for a few months in pursuit of freedom from bankers. Also don't want coworkers to know my political ideologies.)

maybe it's just the bfc in me talking, but imagine if he did this and put his money in a vanguard etf or something that will be worth a drat in five years.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Erenthal posted:

what the gently caress can top this? bruce wagner suddenly entering stage left?

the courtroom doors burst open as Dorian Nakamoto's theme music starts playing

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
karpeles first tested the willybot on the used car market, driving the price of 94 ford explorers beyond the reach of humble e-waste recyclers/movie theater owners.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
mark was always happy to help a fellow French citizen. "heres my address" he typed. "once the transaction confirms, I'll wire the 2000€ and you'll be in French Guiana in no time"

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Exinos posted:

Sovereign stickizen.

exiled manchild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

My PIN is 4826 posted:

I'm imagining a version of "we do" from the stonecutters episode of the simpsons sung by karpeles now

i spent 10 seconds trying to think of how to make the lyrics fit, some1 else do the needful and start the wiki

• Locked thread