Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«19 »
  • Locked thread
theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

dubzee posted:

I believe we’re now in the territory of ASIC heat being more efficient than traditional electric heating elements from a cost/btu standpoint. Play this out for a few years and we see the cloud moving to our baseboard heaters.

If you pay for your heat in NY – it probably pays to buy some ASICs. The value of bitcoin will go up or down, the hashrate similarly, but so does oil / gas. Right now it makes sense to heat with ASICs.

lol a 200gh/s miner will save you $30 a month (maximum) in heating costs for the low low upfront investment of one thousand dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

ps bitcoin is not a decentralized autonomous corporation, the people who update the protocol are very much centralized

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

a sad day when buttcoin is the object of derision and victim of scams

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

jesus, this isn't touching the poop this is 2girls1cup

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

yeah man I just need 50 bitcoins because my car broke down and my wife is pregnant and my house was repossessed and I need bus money for my kid's basketball team so he can afford a suit to get a job to repay the bank and I'm sick and need medicine for what happened when I was in Vietnam

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Dren posted:

The Starbucks app uses QR codes and it's not really a problem

the Starbucks app is not linked to your social security number, bank account, or heart rate

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Greyhawk posted:

i'll just leave this here

*an Abrams tank rolls in*

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

same but two days ago which was the last happy day for most of these companies

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

hahahah take that, poor people

have you ever been in a dollar general? poo poo can cost twice as much as a grocery or is inferior to the point of uselessness

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

filthy regex posted:

"Any time Detroit scores more than a hundred points and holds the other team below a hundred points, they almost always win." - Doug Collins

ugh I can't stand when sports announcers pull this tautological garbage

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

The Management posted:

they've really got to turn it around and score some points if they want to win this game

this is a big play... for both teams

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

um excuse me, I don't believe a pointed stick has ever solved the Byzantine generals problem

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

buttcoin: I'm living in the streets now

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lollin at genecoin claiming to know what is dna makes you an individual while ignoring metagenomics, like smdh it's not 1998 lol

also a sequence would cost $9k and inserting whatever pared down version into the blockchain would cost $800 in fees and take a minimum of four months (assuming no other transactions take place) in addition to whatever fee genecoin would charge

actually multiply this by a bit because your DNA info would need some sort of identifying header because the transactions would most certainly happen out of order

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol the winklevossen didn't deserve facebook

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I liked the "you will be a footnote in bitcoin history!" typed in all earnestness

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

fc, he's a v bad writer

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

AlbieQuirky posted:

Read backwards. The mistakes stand out more that way, because your brain doesn't edit the text to see what you're expecting to see.

Also, tell him to proofread his stuff before he sends it to you.

that's how you catch typos not grammatical errors

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

PCjr sidecar posted:

welll other than the coal miners

lol

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

here lies Andy

peperony and ethics in games journalism

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

FMguru posted:

lmao someone at the fbi is being clever

what was that really great op name they had a few months ago?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Dex posted:

operation torpedo

yesssssssssss

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol "this guy I worked with was pretty bad at his job but now is tooling around in a tesla, nothing amiss there"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

fuctifino posted:

is it rude to keep u/changetip'ing people 1BTC when i've never owned a bitcoin in my life?

lol

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

have we heard anything from lawsky recently?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

InShaneee posted:

someone already made a real-money online tipping service

it's called Flattr

no one actually uses it

compare it to the subscription model of patreon and there's an obvious winner

though tbf that's not all that popular either

I guess paid content wins?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

how in the everliving gently caress could you claim to be both an ancap and a tireless crusader against paid influence in journalism

the free market has spoken bitch

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

trucutru posted:

Yes, indeed, tobacco is indeed a better currency than bank notes.

lol yeah gold is portable and divisible

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Heresiarch posted:

are the forums paywalled right now? i remember some bitcoiner linking to the gbs thread at some point as evidence of something or other

iirc, it goes up towards the end of months based on some whacky radium algorithm I'm guessing. I think only SA mart and pgs are always private

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

yeah we got trolled p hard

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

sarcastic Jesus best Jesus

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

A Pinball Wizard posted:

i once read someone arguing that "the eye of the needle" was a famously narrow passage somewhere and that getting a camel through is tough but doable so thats what jesus meant

famously fabricated

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

[–]Here4Downvotes 1 point 47 minutes ago

Most people are financially incompetent so this isn't too surprising to me. The daughter stood to have an infinite ROI on the $100 worth of bitcoin, now she gets nothing.

god yes I can't wait until the day one bitcoin is worth infinity dollars, also for the day someone will claim bitcoins will give you an roi of infinity +1

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

fck or kh can you file a friend of the court brief or are the FTC tired of being pestered?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

reminder: if there is a single human overseeing the operation of the agents, the autonomous corporation becomes a regular corporation with a complicated asset management system.

point the second, if it would be profitable to own shares of an autonomous corporation, it would be just as profitable to own and oversee it in a traditional manner

thirdly, there is no legal precedence for autonomous corporations, a server cannot be liable for damages so either the original programmer or stockholders would be sued. also if the corp doesn't belong to anyone, there's nothing stopping someone from taking it over. if anyone had the power to object, they would be in a position of legal authority in the corporation

Jesus this poo poo is so dumb dumb dumb dumb

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I hope the FTC has their legal team read this thread for all the free research

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Heresiarch posted:

he still signed my copy of "monstrous regiment" later, but he was still giving that look and i feel kind of bad about it even now

dont feel bad that wasnt even a burn on him

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

nobody tell him

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

get hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Nintendo Kid posted:

it doesn't take 2 hours to board a domestic flight and that's what you'd need for high speed rail to be faster from say chicago to nyc then taking a normal train out to the airport, getting on the plane, flying over, and taking another train.

it does take this long in some cases but I think high speed rail is only worthwhile for closer-together cities like on the coasts

• Locked thread
«19 »