Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

lol at people from completely different regions arguing over what the cost of living is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Sham bam bamina! posted:

it's not (which is why i specifically avoided using the word) but the character is there.

the point of thread is to laugh at stupid bitcoin poo poo which nicsho certainly falls under at this point but i can kinda see where fckgw is coming from. nicsho is just a dumbass, he's not actually important to any of this.

If we ignored people because they are dumb and unimportant this thread would be two pages long

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

DAT NIGGA HOW posted:

the purpose of the miners is to secure the network. since the network hasn't been hacked in the past 5 years, we can argue it works pretty well.

what about the time someone exploited a vulnerability in the network to give himself billions of bitcoins

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

DAT NIGGA HOW posted:

someone fixed it

that does tend to happen when people discover major security flaws. pretty good lesson on why basing your entire monetary system off a single algorithm is a bad idea tho

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

but yeah bitcoins been around a whole 7 years now, you can be pretty certain that every single vulnerability has been found and patched

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Genuinely cant tell what is bitcoiner bullshit and what is a justified criticism of the American retail banking system. Sort your poo poo out America.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

i just wanna know what carl mark III has to say about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

tcc stories just depress me. i hope mentally ill goons can find a good psychiatrist who will treat their problems in a way that doesnt involve losing their job or buying a piano

• Locked thread