Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

I believe we’re now in the territory of ASIC heat being more efficient than traditional electric heating elements from a cost/btu standpoint. Play this out for a few years and we see the cloud moving to our baseboard heaters.

If you pay for your heat in NY – it probably pays to buy some ASICs. The value of bitcoin will go up or down, the hashrate similarly, but so does oil / gas. Right now it makes sense to heat with ASICs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

LethalGeek posted:

https://twitter.com/aantonop/status/525718840898908160

i know those are english words but does that actually mean anything?

new and exciting ways to make butts disappear

sidechaining has been a thing in music production for years. it's how you get that wub wub dubstep sound

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/apr05/articles/logicnotes.htm

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

a luxurious villa posted:

15o meter away from the Villa of Prime Minister Netanyahu, and in the same cluster (Sea Cluster).

Walking distance to the synagogue and country club.

so many tasteless jokes.....

i also find it humorous that bibi's getaway villa is located in a place named in honor of ceasar

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

woah poo poo 133 new posts i just finished the thread at lunch a few hours ago.

new title too i wond-

e: and the loving judge said "buttcoin"

i just

wow

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

fuckin' cattes

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

TVarmy posted:

how much longer until we start seeing rad patches from federal government raids on buttcoin operations?

this is important to me, as while i am opposed to the drug war and think the dea is encouraged by a huge conflict of interest to perpetuate an expensive and ineffective group of programs that do almost nothing for public health, i like the patches they stitch on their stuff.

one more for your collection:

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

this ought to get the buttlords going

quote:

(Reuters) - International Business Machines Corp is considering adopting the underlying technology behind bitcoin, known as the "blockchain," to create a digital cash and payment system for major currencies, according to a person familiar with the matter.

The objective is to allow people to transfer cash or make payments instantaneously using this technology without a bank or clearing party involved, saving on transaction costs, the person said. The transactions would be in an open ledger of a specific country's currency such as the dollar or euro, said the source, who declined to be identified because of a lack of authorization to discuss the project in public.

The blockchain - a ledger, or list, of all of a digital currency's transactions - is viewed as bitcoin's main technological innovation, allowing users to make payments anonymously, instantly, and without government regulation.

Rather than stored on a separate server and controlled by an individual, company, or bank, the ledger is open and accessible to all participants in the bitcoin network.

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

i just want to thank everyone that ventures into reddit to dredge up these gems. i have never been on that site even one time and i intend to keep it that way.

also re: community college, i failed out of uni immediately after high school so i never got the sweet debt load. went to cc at age 40 on a state grant, had $ left over, learned a trade without bullshit classes and got a sweet job with killer benefits. community college owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

any idiot that had dealings on evolution after this happened last week deserve what they loving get

quote:

“I think they also took non-cryptocurrency payments (debit cards, etc)… I think that says it all really,” Jones added, pointing to the clear personal identifiers found in credit card data.

The Evolution vendor page for Shiny-Flakes shows the vendor was last active on the site on 11 March. But there are now no items listed for sale there and the page contains one slightly ominous message for those on the Tor-based website: “DO NOT BUY HERE. VENDORS RUN FOR YOUR LIFE.”

• Locked thread