Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

i made this for the 'inapropriate product placement in sci-fi movies' thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Necronomiconomist posted:

you can go listen to Ross's mom talk on Friday about how arresting her son violated the Constitution!

i am especially interested in that last point they listed - 'why you should care'

yes, i'll gladly learn why prosecuting somebody who constructed and oversaw an internaitonal drug trade network is a reason for concern

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Buttcoin purse posted:

I knew they controlled the media, I didn't know they gave a crap about modern art. Now that it has been pointed out to me, it's obvious that modern art was yet another way that Jews were trying to destroy the Reich :rolleyes:

I mean seriously WTF were you thinking, German people who went along with this poo poo, including my relatives?
it was also not consistent: hitler banned expressionist architecture and art as degenerative but accepted expressionist cinema and dance that carried the exact same concepts but in a different medium

it was all loving stupid and basically about what hitler personally liked and it made no ideaological sense whatsoever. there was no way that people who knew a thing or two about culture didn't see through it but it was easy enough to present to clueless masses

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Heresiarch posted:

you're probably not looking for a serious answer but Paxton's list of fascist "mobilizing passions" is useful for understanding what lines of thought led to people supporting the nazis, as well as Griffin's definition of "palingenetic ultranationalism". Eco's "Ur-Fascism" is also an interesting read but is less scholarly and more biting
i'll add Hannah Arendt's The Origins of Totalitarianism which is really robust in explaining the phenomenon and more importantly how it can happen again in completely different countries/circumstances

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

lol no, she didn't state it can only happen within white sociaties, she only wrote about the raise of racism as ideology

also bitcoin

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

indigi posted:

my main thing w/r/t Naziism's rise in Germany is that in all the film I've seen of Hitler giving those speeches he's so famous for he looks like a blubbering lunatic. something's gotta be lost in translation because I can't imagine anyone who looks like that getting on TV, behaving like that, and having anyone support him.

loving Howard Dean lost the nomination in 2004 because he went "YEAH!"
on the other hand there are apparently more than zero people who read about bitcoin, see the weirdos talking about it and think 'wow, this is genius, i'm going to put my life savings into this'

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Snapchat A Titty posted:

but irl his parents own five four houses and are rich shitbirds, so they were probably always like that and the direct cause of his lovely ideology and downfall
shortly before the bust the atmosphere in the room where they ran silkroad must have been similar to that in hitler's bunker in berlin in april 1945

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

indigi posted:

someone do a Silk Road parody of that Hitler thing where he's all bummering about several people in the room being Russian and British generals
lol it already exists:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOecGminE8o

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

what the criminal's attorney says must be true, he's an expert at law after all

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

indigi posted:

I'm not reading that bullshit but how does she account for the fact that he kept a diary that had a record of transactions and it can be matched up exactly to the transactions sent to/from wallets he admitted to owning and having the private key for
"digital evidence by its nature is unreliable and impossible to authenticate"

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

basically any crime with digital evidence never happened, release the pedos, online drug dealers and credit card thieves from the prisons, free ross ulbricht

• Locked thread