Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
is bitcoin still bitcoining?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

fool_of_sound posted:

i would like to announce my candidacy for benevolent dictator

resume: i prefer video games and tentacle hentai to bloodsports and concubines, support the immediate execution of marketing majors, and spend much of my time cosplaying as lord vetinari of ankh-morpork

benevolent bit-tater

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
is bitcoin still happening? are people still doing this?

my friend who worked for a bitcoin mining company was let go last monght and is now working elsewhere. i think they just fired a bunch of engineers too. it's never good when you fire all the engineers at an engineering company.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
bitcoin miner ASIC company my friend used to work for is in default now, lol

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

this is where my friend worked, she said it was bad and people had been getting fired left and right for months.

i think they have like 1 employee and a lawyer now.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

As a Millennial I posted:

i believe in ross ulbricht

if only because i'd rather see mark go to jail than some naive idiot child

ulbricht went to my high school

i don't really remember him he was kinda nerdy but when he got busted i remember thinking "oh THAT guy" and in my head he was still a high school student i just hadn't seen in over a decade and not a 30 year old man so wrapping my head around him being the mastermind of a huge criminal organization kinda blew my mind for a few weeks

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
sometimes i think of my friend who worked at coin-terra and how she said it was the worst place to work ever and i laugh and laugh

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

QuarkJets posted:

tell me more

mostly they had angry customers threatening to come down to their office with weapons

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Nagato posted:

i guess implicit in phrases like "channels of inquiry" and "daring to forge your own path" is a defensible belief that you don't need friends to hook you up with "entheogens," don' need an understanding of the risks involved, don't need a safe place to do them. still, gross.

risks like walking right the gently caress out of a 2nd story window

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb76bpIWQPw

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

duTrieux. posted:

is... is he dead now

he walks back into the front door there later in the video, but the poster of the video says its 2nd story so maybe it's a walk up balcony for a 2nd floor apartment i dunno, it's just an amazing video how quickly he goes from giggles to basically trying to kill himself

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

unpacked robinhood posted:

im the silent hilly featureless living room

yeah nothing is creepier than living in an empty apartment

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Crazy Achmed posted:

So the sand hill people's excuse was "it's just a game"? Isn't a "game" where you gain or lose money like that also known as betting, which is also highly illegal/heavily regulated?

but they are idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

doge is a great thing because it's some random japaenese womans dog and now she has 34k followers on vine

https://vine.co/v/eu2EtgYp9Be

and it is just endless dog and cat pics and her dog was on some dumb race car in america

it must be very weird to be the owner of the doge

• Locked thread